1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone using Cloud Hosting for a dedicated server?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by rhoniedotcom, Oct 10, 2010.

I am putting up a website, and it looks like the best deal for me will be "Cloud Hosting".
    I have got different prices from different providers and I am looking to see if anyone is using hosting on a Cloud Server, if they like it, and if there are any hidden costs. Some of the plans sound too good to be true, and some seem like they are too open ended. (In other words that they can basically charge what they want, when they want).

rhoniedotcom, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  2. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    Clod id cloud and dedicated server is dedicated server. I Just do not understand purpose of asking.

SiberForum, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  3. blowingideas

blowingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    cloud hosting in a single physical server? sounds strange.
    cloud hosting is composed of clustered servers & shared storage.

blowingideas, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  4. rhoniedotcom

rhoniedotcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that is how it was explained to me also, and you have to pay for nodes, and you have to set up separate nodes. It is still above my head. The only way I can make any sense of it what-so-ever is that each cluster of nodes is on different servers. If you want to allow for a lot of traffic you have to buy additional bandwidth, so the clusters can pass from one server to another, when the bandwidth increases, but that depends on how much traffic flow. But that still does not make sense. Someone needs to explain it in non-tech lingo. I don't even think web hosting companies understand it, or how to bill for it correctly. No one has replied that uses Cloud Hosting.

rhoniedotcom, Oct 16, 2010 IP