1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

General Email Marketing Questions

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by hulo, Oct 2, 2006.

What are the best options for email marketing? Are the online companies like constantcontact.com worth the time and money? Are there any programs that are worth it? Are there things to avoid to minimize being listed as a spammer?

I am pretty new to the subject and am open to all suggestions along with the good and bad experiences you have had with email marketing.

Thanks! :)

hulo, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  2. hulo

hulo Peon

Best Answers:
    bump for help

hulo, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  3. Bluecircle

Bluecircle Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used them... It didnt work well at all. Don't waste your time or money.

Bluecircle, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  4. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Aweber for all mine.
    http://www.aweber.com/

Double opt in and including unsubscribe links on all emails sent out helps you to protect yourself from spam complaints. I personally have used many other companies but I find aweber the best for myself (it could be different for others for sure)

With list building...build your own and have the patience to do it..

AnaB, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  5. Lynn Quario

Lynn Quario Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with AnaB for Aweber. That is what I use also.

If you are looking at buying leads I heard that Oppseekers is pretty good. I just started using them myself so I can't give you any statistics on it yet.

All the best,

Lynn :)

Lynn Quario, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  6. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Constant contact is supposed to be good, we're currently using Bronto, which is essectially the same service but more expensive - it seems like too much of a hassle to change at the moment!

The benefit of using them is that you don't have to worry about upsetting your host or ISP by sending bulk main, and that you do send isn't tagged as spam. Both service proactively make sure your lists are opt-in and an unsubscribe link is available and adhered to.

You list or email was obviously of poor quality then. Email marketing can offer fantastic returns if used correctly.

MattUK, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  7. Annie7

Annie7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Annie7, Oct 4, 2006 IP