1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Promote A Website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by leaseman, Oct 13, 2010.

I have been in the subprime truck financing business for over ten years. My business is a compliment to truck dealers around the country. They have a customer they can't get financing for, they contact us to handle it for them. My question is how to promote my website to these dealers and others in the trucking world about our services. Yes, we handle the usual seo including link building (forums, blogs, articles, press releases, directories), ppc, etc.

The distinction I'm trying to make here is the difference between seo (IM) and true promotion. I'm tired of posting on blogs and forums, talking about something other than our services just to get a link. I'm tired of writing articles that few will read. Press release get me some REAL exposure but not enough. And directories? I'm not sure what their true purpose is anyway.

Sooo, my question is: how does a company really promote their service on the internet? I want to be able to go to everyone in the trucking community and say "Hey, we have a service that will help you dealers sell more trucks!" or "Hey truck drivers, are you tired of getting declined by every other financing company? We can probably help you"

Yes, he have promoted ourselves in the social media but our demographic doesn't participate. We have approached dealers many times to link to our site but we just come across just another website in search of a link.

I don't want to come across as an internet marketer anymore. I want to tell as many people as possible about our service. The rest should take care of itself.

I hope I'm making sense here. Any suggestions?

leaseman, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  2. uptraffic

uptraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hire seo company that can help you to resolve your problem

uptraffic, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  3. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any particular websites you'd like to advertise on?

JoesMillion, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  4. leaseman

leaseman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any sites relating to the trucking industry. Most important would be truck dealer sites.

leaseman, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  5. dragtastic

dragtastic Member

Best Answers:
    why not rent out space on a truck - put a big poster or something on the trucks and bam - u will get ALOT of people to see your logo... especially if you have a catchy picture - that will make more people naturally go to your site, generate traffic, and create exposure.
    This makes the entire process of doing it online much easier.

dragtastic, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  6. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Any web addresses you can show me?

JoesMillion, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  7. atticusfinch

atticusfinch Peon

Best Answers:
    Send me a message and I will send you the link to the "Easy Lead Finder" software. You just type in the industry and city and it will provide you with email,website ect in about 2 minutes. This is not an affiliate link just the sales page. Hope this helps. Lyn

atticusfinch, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  8. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of times you have to look at others in your industry. Unless you just have something totally unique (which is typically unlikely) you have to look at your competition and see how they are marketing their services. I would imagine a lot of that type of industry is simply done doing things the old fashioned away and that means building relationships. You need to find a way to get in contact with the people who can actually use your services... which you say are the dealerships. Where do people who own truck dealerships hang out? My guess is that it probably isn't online. If it is, you need to be there.

My guess is there might be trade shows in the industry, I would setup a booth there if you can afford it. Other opportunities might just include going into a dealership and talking to the sales staff or an owner. You certainly need to stay away from looking too desperate or looking like your selling snake oil. Be careful where and how you market your service, the last thing you want to portray yourself as is a desperate man who doesn't know what he is doing.

I hope I helped you out some. Unfortunately I doubt many people can really help you out because my guess is that no one here is familiar with that niche. That doesn't meant it can't be marketed, it just means you need to go wherever the people who are interested in your services are to make your pitch.

PHPGator, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  9. leaseman

leaseman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    leaseman, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  10. ajivets75

ajivets75 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    be natural publisher with natural way to get the point. promote your sites through social bookmark. maybe you can submit to the social directory.
    keep it and good luck

ajivets75, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  11. jackcalara

jackcalara Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a great process if you search here and you can hire a seo company for better promotion and you don't know about seo then you should need advise from SEO.

jackcalara, Oct 14, 2010 IP