1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Choose Profitable Keywords to Rank and Earn an Adsense Income!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by dencha, Oct 12, 2010.

*Note: I do not take any credit for this so called "formula", this information I'm about to share with you is from being a member at The Keyword Academy where I learned all that I know now. This "formula" is an estimated earning potential of a specific keyword when your site rank #1 in the SERP.

*Another NOTE: This takes a lot of work and if you are not up for it don't even bother reading but I highly recommend you should if you want to start making some "reasonable" money with Adsense.

How To Choose Profitable Keywords to Rank and Earn an Adsense Income

First off, you can't blindly go into building a niche site around keyword or topic just because the CPC is high. There are a lot of factors that is involve when building a site and monetizing it with Adsense.

Choosing a profitable keyword is the most important step in building a site, it's like the foundation of a house, if your foundation is weak (not profitable) your house will come crashing down.

So how do you know if a keyword that is profitable?

Keyword Search Volume x 40%(traffic at #1) x CPC x 25%(Adsense CPC) x 5%(Avg. Adsense CTR)

As you can see, we got the keyword search volume x 40% roughly the percent of traffic you get for ranking #1 for that keyword x the keyword CPC x 25% the typical cut you get paid out per click from Adsense (i'm being generous, latest news was 68% but I don't believe it) then x 5% which is the average CTR you should try aim for on your site.

Lets use real stats and see what happens:

First go to Google Adwords Keyword Tool

Enter your keyword and search.

Once you have that data, on the lower left side of the page you find "Match Type", uncheck broad and check "[Exact]"

Then scroll back up and on you right hand side, there's an option for "Columns" click on it.

It should pop up with option to customized you data on which column to show.

Only check "Global Monthly Searches" and "Estimated Avg. CPC"...click Save

[​IMG]

Your data should now look like this...the brackets around the keywords means it an "exact" search, this is important...you ONLY want exact match searches!

[​IMG]

Exact Match Keywords, Global Monthly Searches, Estimated Avg. CPC

Next you want to click "Download" right above the "Keyword" column and select "CSV"

[​IMG]

Open the CSV file you just downloaded in Excel

You need to remove some column so you are just left with Keywords, Global Monthly Searches & Estimated Avg. CPC. like so...

[​IMG]

Now in cell D1...Title this column "Potential"

In cell D2, you enter this excel formula:
    =SUM(B2*.4*C2*.25*.05)

Like so...
    Step #5

When you hit Enter, you should have a monthly potential earning for that keyword.

You will now want to click and drag that cell down the rest of the column until the last keyword on your Excel spreadsheet, like so...

*This will copy the "formula" to the rest of the keywords
    Step #6

Now we need to sort the spreadsheet by the highest potential earnings

At the top of the spreadsheet, click the upper left corner which will select all the cells on that sheet.

Go to Sort -> Custom Sort -> Make the setting as shown in the screenshot below.
    Step #7

Now you should have it all sorted and looking similar to this...

Step #8

As you can see, "carpal tunnel syndrome" has an estimated monthly earning of $180.23.

My rule of thumb is to target 3-5 phrase keywords (easier to rank) & at least $30 estimated monthly earnings.

Remember there are a lot of other factors to making a profitable site but you now atleast know which keyword has potential. Another HUGE factor is if the keyword is rankable by checking competition for that keyword, which is another post in itself.

Well that's it guys!

That's how I choose my keywords to build a site around. Knowing how much you CAN make before starting is an ADVANTAGE and SMART.

No point in wasting your time on a keyword that won't make you money!

*Once again, I don't take credit for this "formula", everything I know about choosing keywords, checking SEO competition and gather quality backlinks is from The Keyword Academy, if you are serious about making a TRUE income from Adsense I highly recommend you check them out. They also have a tool that semi-automate this with an analysis of the competition.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    dencha, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  2. dencha

dencha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was only allowed to post 4 images...the rest is links to the other screenshots.

If you have any question, feel free to ask :)

dencha, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  3. Lavinco

Lavinco Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thatnks for sharing. You can sort the information right from your adwords keyword suggestion tool page. Just click on the heading that you want sorted. Click it again to reverse the sorting from smallest to largest. When it looks god, just download the info and it will already be sorted when you open it for the first time in excel.

Lavinco, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  4. dencha

dencha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you want to sort it by "Potential"...

Say Keyword1 has 8000 searches but CPC is $0.05...with the formula, your potential is $2/month
    Now if Keyword2 has on 1000 searches but CPC is $3, the potential is $15/month

That's why when it's all said and done, always sort by "Potential"...Search Volume & CPC doesn't matter.

dencha, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  5. world_is_mine

world_is_mine Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not getting anything out of this magical formula. I think stick with the content in which you are expert and keep away from magical tips.

world_is_mine, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  6. zeewaqar77

zeewaqar77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sticking with the content is fine but you can increase your adsense cpc by using this useful trick... I am saying it because I experienced it.

zeewaqar77, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  7. Rollies

Rollies Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm using Spyfu to estimate advertiser for some keywords

Rollies, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  8. sana4nice

sana4nice Peon

Best Answers:
    You need more unique Trffic and Earning With Google Adsense,you need

approvl trick,you neeed unique Clicks,you need Google Adsense Approved

Account,Just Contact 0092313714 [​IMG]