1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let me know if my content is interesting, engaging

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jnestler, Oct 10, 2010.

Hey,

I think I've done alright on the design of my website, it's clean, but what I really need help on is the content.

I can't judge whether it is engaging and interesting, so I need your opinions on it. If you stumbled across this website from a link would you continue reading it? Would you look for more articles to read?

The website is at fluidglass.com

If there's anything you think I should change or do to help make the site more interesting let me know, and your help is greatly appreciated.

jnestler, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  2. RudolfSweden

RudolfSweden Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, especially your pics in each blogpost. But the header pic is not working. Its sending the wrong message!

RudolfSweden, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  3. kalmen

kalmen Peon

Best Answers:
    Wonderful piece of work! Well done. I'd like to see a larger "Fluid Glass" at the top, this one is kinda small and doesn't look like a header. The content is fine, just add more blogs and it will start picking up. Consider a relevant google ads on the right later on.

kalmen, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  4. pumpkinzu

pumpkinzu Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the content. Is interesting. I think if someone would start reading your website he might stick there. And the pics are awesome. Looks good. And like RudolfSweden said, try another banner. It's not the best I have seen.

pumpkinzu, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  5. jnestler

jnestler Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback, by the banner do you mean the header picture or the "Fluid Glass" text at the top? And what wasn't working about the header picture?

jnestler, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  6. pumpkinzu

pumpkinzu Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't see the header picture now. Did you remove it? I just wanted to say the picture that was there was not write...maybe replace it with something else? Just a suggestion.And it was not about the Fluid Glass text.

7. jnestler

jnestler Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I removed the picture to speed up the load times. And I get what you're saying...that it's not relevant. Does it look alright without any header? Or should I put something else up?

8. pumpkinzu

pumpkinzu Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks much better without any header. Maybe increase/bold a bit the size each title so that you can differentiate them from the menu. :)

9. ListBuildingForNewbies

ListBuildingForNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! The blog looks superb! Adding a "sponsors" page is really a fantastic idea. I also like the blog name "Fluid Glass"; it's very compelling. Also your blog posts are very well written. However you'd best have a logo designed by a graphic artist.

ListBuildingForNewbies, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  10. jnestler

jnestler Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking into having a logo designed, although I don't have a very high budget for it. At this point I'm really just concerned about serving up content that people will enjoy and subscribe to.

11. badba

badba Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the pics are too big.

badba, Oct 11, 2010 IP