1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO case study: the power of onpage seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BrianJump, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Crimsonc

Crimsonc Peon

Best Answers:
    Your screenshots suggest you're seeing personalized results. Have you run a query in another browser and/or computer?

Crimsonc, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  2. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On Page is more important for SEO than you'd think. It's important to have links to money pages from ALL other pages. Like footer links or sidebar links with the correct anchor text.

gocali2009, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  3. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Crimson, are you talking to me? if so we run a VPN with multi country access and search via Firefox depersonalized as default. and those readings are always to within a position or two on the scanner.

& the rankings are moving daily anyway, as usual these days, and I havent stated whether they were .com or .co.uk, and where the search Ip was either, so of course everybody will see things slightly differently.

all 3 test cases are US hosted so you need to search .com / and gl=us to see the (similar) results to what we're following.

apologies if you didn't mean me.

SEOibiza, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  4. mitdrissia

mitdrissia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well they would be disappointed if they see they don't get much traffic from the keyword you specified.
    You won't get more then 10 visitors per month for that keyword.
    Before starting with seo the best thing to do is keyword research.

mitdrissia, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  5. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Onpage SEO is like having your shop all nice and ready, and offpage SEO is sending the customers, no point sending the customers to an empty shop now

golfpro1, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  6. seongpinas316

seongpinas316 Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you've done it correctly I mean the on page optimization you will see a quick boost in your rankings after a week or two and that's for sure.

seongpinas316, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  7. internetproz

internetproz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this experience of yours. With this i can also try do the things that you do and see if it will help me increase my rankings.

internetproz, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  8. Bill Blanks

Bill Blanks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good SEO tactics...you must use a VPN and simulate searches from different users (IPVanish is a cheap way). Exact results will vary from time of day to search terms used to location from which you searched to existing history and cookies.

Bill Blanks, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  9. ADSD

ADSD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just my two cents.

I've built websites for clients whereby they have declined upsells such as SEO and explained that they simply wanted their website setting up so that they can promote through Facebook/printed material. Whilst I do my upmost best to explain to the client that SEO can be and is a game changer, sometimes they just wont part with their money.

It has been seen however that once these sites are designed, live and general on-page SEO is done, the client will start to rank. I monitor these out of personal interest, and currently have two clients that are ranking for local keywords, on page one (some position 1-3), without any off-page SEO being done. Not sure how long this will last for them, but it has given me the opportunity to point out the requirement for SEO, as it may be that these SERP positions wont last without additional input.

Please do bare in mind that these keywords are for example "Mechanics in #CITY#" and other competitors don't seem to be doing much in terms of SEO. It may just well be that the optimisation/quality of the clients website has pushed them ahead.

... in response to the above post, many SERP tracking websites now offer localisation as a factor to SERPS. An example is SERPBOOK, who have been offering this feature for some time now.

ADSD, Nov 16, 2014 IP