1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Adsense Journey From $0 to $2637 per month In 2.5 years!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by COBSolutions, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.j. Detwiler

T.j. Detwiler Active Member

Best Answers:
    T.j. Detwiler, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  2. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great post .. Rep+

And, what do you mean by broad keywords ? how many word per keyword for example ? two ? three ?

Also, the problem I'm facing when playing with adsense, is that I don't know how much traffic is enough ? how do you choose your keywords? for example according to adwords tool, how many global monthly searches is good for a keyword that I may target ?

Thanks for answering.

Toon-c, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  3. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your current ad placement looks fine to me considering the constraints of your template as well as that of the site theme, it being a video site there are not much options for you, i suppose, now it is all about getting hordes of traffic by ranking on first spot of google for your keywords.

By broad keywords means, very broad competitive two or three phrase term for example "dental health", now go check this keyword in google, the competition is heavy, there are sites vying for the top spot, some with very high PR, some with huge promotional budgets and some with killer vengeance that they will go to any extent to get that 1st spot, but let me tell you what, you can rank for that term also with a meagre monthly budget, some simple/fresh content and persist with it for an year or so, take it as a 2 year project and i can guarantee that your site will be there in first 3 spots of that keyword, but persistence, come what may dont lose hope, just forget about adsense earnings and just concentrate on getting those rankings, one more thing i can assure you there that once you are there you will be rethinking whether you need to do a 9-5 job :)

COBSolutions, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  4. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for answering ..

what about the second part of my question ?

Toon-c, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  5. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    I thought the first part of my answer itself was the answer to the second part of your question too

Well when you are targeting such broad keywords do you really need to worry about monthly search volume, when you hit the first spot for those keywords you might be already hosted on a VPS for sure :D

Emma13th likes this.
  6. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very information, and which works and which not.
    i experience some of the same failure too, there are lots of scams and should keep away from.
    checking your submission service, interesting, congrat to your success in submission business too :)

charlesgan, Oct 10, 2010 IP
    Emma13th likes this.
  7. T.j. Detwiler

T.j. Detwiler Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanx for checking do you know any best keyword for my site ? plz tell me,and how to get first place on google, do you know any trick,And My Site iS Based On Celebrity Niche

T.j. Detwiler, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  8. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi COBsolutions,
    Congratulations on your success ... Nice to see that DP has helped you.. DP has helped me a lot, not just in Google Adsense, in general in many aspects like GLOBAL FRIENDS, great tips from fellow DPers.

I have learned few things on DP from buying ebooks, etc, improved them a lot and made money by hard work..

Have a nice stay here.

Regards,
    Leela

toughguy, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  9. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    True, DP has been addictive for me, but this addiction has only helped me to earn in thousands which few years back i could only have dreamt of :D

10. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well. I want to congratulate you for achieving about 19% of bounce rate. can you retell your story with regards to improvement in bounce rate?

I started at 80% bounce rate then it went down 70%. It now fluctuates at 50-60%. Any tips?

cipals15, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  11. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Again, reach within the first 3 spots on google and you will find your bounce rate automatically going down, my bounce rate used to be around 50% just 6 months back, but when it came within the 1st 3 spots on google, the bounce rate automatically started going down, the reason i assume is that it keeps the visitor interest more in your site as they count your site to be an authority since it is on first 3 spots on google and start looking for more pages on your site etc, this is what i believe to be the reason and could be something different too.

COBSolutions, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  12. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. I am into adsnese before you too... back since 2006 but till now I have not reached the target where u stand ( the amount u earn in a month)...

I guess U have even spent money on doing SEO and other White HAt techiniques.. I do All the jobs myself..

farhajr, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  13. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Nope, initially i did all the hard work SEO myself, no help from nowhere except for occassional hiring of some outsourcers here at DP, but that is negligible and i assume many people around here do that, basically with the meagre money that i earned from adsense itself i used to get new content, new links etc for the sites and reduced my workdload over a period of time so that i can move on and concentrate on other related tasks and it worked well for me.

COBSolutions, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  14. wqamar

wqamar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your success. Can you tell me, how to find best keyword? and what's the import at this time of finding keyword eg. high search volume keywords, high/low competition or high cpc or etc.

wqamar, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  15. farhajr

Best Answers:
    I want to know this that ets suppose there is a website with adsense on all of its 30 pages and the prson wants to link all those pages with all the 30 links with each other.. How must he do it in order to gain the most earnings from adsense,,,

farhajr, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  16. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Super story. I must admit that I never grasp article submission. I know you commented a few times in this thread, but I still don't understand your article submission strategy?

1. Did you write your own articles and hire a submission service?

2. If you submitted your articles yourself, did you do it manually

3. You also mention something about owning a article site? Not sure if that was your source for submission or not

I think there is an order of how you did things, but I'm a little confused about your strategy. May I ask you to clarify with a little more detail on your article submission strategy?

thanks

steveeyes, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  17. Chris Munch

Chris Munch Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree about the broad niche aspect. Small mini niches certainly have their merit, but they saturate very quickly and you have to start over. With broad niches you can keep building momentum. I talked about it here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1917740

I can certainly vouch for COBSolutions just from reading the thread, there's plenty of BS threads here on DP but this is not one of them

Chris Munch, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  18. COBSolutions

Best Answers:
    Not quite clear what effect has links got to do with adsense earnings, except that nice internal linking strucutre enables better crawling and nice backlinks ensure better rankings for your pages, which are essential factors for increasing the adsense earnings too.

Answers:

1. Did you write your own articles and hire a submission service? - I use my own article submission service to do this, yes you can get articles written (do it in bulk so that it turns out cheaper), then spin and submit to as many article directories as possible

2. If you submitted your articles yourself, did you do it manually - Yes, nothing to beat manual as you know the things went through, the old adage 'seeing is believing'

3. You also mention something about owning a article site? Not sure if that was your source for submission or not - Yes, i do own some nice article directories, you can find one here PR3 110K Alexa Article Directory

COBSolutions, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  19. avatar33

Best Answers:
    We all know that ranking 1st for competitive terms will bring you money, regardless of which way you're monetizing your site. The tough job is obviously getting to that 1st spot! if I ranked 1st for such competitive Health or Finance terms as you, I wouldn't even bother with Adsense. Stick in a few top-converting affiliate banners for health/finance related products and you'll earn that monthly revenue in a week ;)

20. farhajr

Best Answers:
    so do u think standing on top of SERPS can only help in yeilding more income or there could be other factors too,,

WHenver I try gwtting more, the next time either my ecpm drops or CTR which reduces my income, also I've seen that rarely are the chances for a drop in SERPS which brings to this factor what do u suggest.?

farhajr, Oct 17, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.