1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Too Many Amazon Links Bad For Google?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by marketingideas, Sep 10, 2010.

1. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience i think Google doesn't mind amazon affiliate links that much. But if you promote CJ or other affiliate links in your article I have noticed that such articles dont rank high on Google, however had you try to build backlinks to them

sar420, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  2. Wuoshi

Wuoshi Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had any penalties due to amazon links. I have alot of them on some sites.

Wuoshi, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  3. jixxerrob

jixxerrob Member

Best Answers:
    I use rel nofollow on my amazon affiliate links.

jixxerrob, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  4. cjcpoker

cjcpoker Peon

Best Answers:
    I currently have one page (not the home page) with just amazon links, and my content pages link to that page. I'm now thinking I should spread them out throughout the content pages of the site.

cjcpoker, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  5. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will get better conversions doing this. Put links where it is relevant, not just on a page full of ads.

freshdevelopment, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  6. SearchMarketing

SearchMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely.

This hurts off-page seo. What you can do is link redirection, link cloaking, and find more backlinks pointing to your site.

SearchMarketing, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  7. emilio

emilio Peon

Best Answers:
    I add amazon affiliate links in some of my blogpost, and so far is no problem. The problem is the link is not so effective to get traffic.

emilio, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  8. MrYu

MrYu Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought this would be the first answer the OP would get. =)

MrYu, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  9. dlotus205

dlotus205 Guest

Best Answers:
    Affiliate links can be a problem. Matt Cutts advises that they be run through a redirect script that is blocked in the robots.txt file or simply add the nofollow attribute to each link. I always use a redirect script.

Most of the time, the larger problem with Amazon affiliate marketing is when the content from the Amazon site is used. That is guaranteed to get slapped by the duplicate content filters.

Write unique content and block the affiliate links and you should not have a problem. It is also OK to use the Amazon JavaScript widgets.

dlotus205, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  10. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    MC is a sack full of fart, a Halloween pumpkin! If he crosses my path I'd bitch slap him silly and then press him about the rabbits! MC does chemo. because he is tired of shaving his f....ing head man. Don't you be paying much attention to MC.

People, do the opposite MC says and you'll do just fine. Don't be listening to anybody's take on this matter and test for yourself. Quit following the crowds. I have a ton of sites doing exactly the opposite MC and self appointed SEM gurus out there preach and they are doing just fine. You can have a number but not the whole combination key to G.'s algo. Every site's situation is different!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    sin, Oct 8, 2010 IP