1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Risks with Posting a Lot of Real, Unique Content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ajwalsh, Oct 5, 2010.

Hi all, I just set up a new Wordpress blog. (A subdomain of an existing website, actually)

I have a few different category pages to target some keywords and I want to quickly add a lot of posts. When Google starts indexing these category pages, I want to make sure there are several posts in them.

I am writing all the posts myself and they are all completely unique. Each is about 250 words.

Should I have any hesitation to post more than 2 a day? Would 4-5 be okay? I've searched around for other threads about this, and I understand there are a lot of things that can raise red flags for Google, but if all my content is completely legit, should I worry at all about adding a lot in a short period of time?

ajwalsh, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  2. evanlambda

evanlambda Peon

Best Answers:
    No, the more unique content, the better.

evanlambda, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  3. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, that's definitely the golden rule. I guess all I was worried about was making sure that Google won't just assume that it must be duplicate or pirated if there are more than 2 or 3 posts a day.

It's often not that natural for a blog to post so much, but in my case, it really is natural!

ajwalsh, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  4. dofollowlist

dofollowlist Peon

Best Answers:
    The more unique content the better. I don't think any flag will be raised if you post 4-5 unique content a day.

dofollowlist, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  5. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no problem about posting that amount, however If I would be you then I will just schedule the posts so the blog gets updated 1-2 times a day but for longer period ;)

theentry, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  6. merockysingh

merockysingh Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are posting unique contents then you will get benefit from Google. It will indexed by Google quickly and you will start receiving traffic as soon as you will post..

merockysingh, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  7. shania david

shania david Guest

Best Answers:
    it is best to wait for the previous post to get crawled before submitting new one if the keywords used in the posts are linking to same site...

shania david, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  8. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this is definitely good advice. I was just worried because I'm trying to optimize each category page for a specific long-tail keyword and I didn't want there to be no posts in them if I happened to get indexed quickly (I'm not sure how fast this happens if it's a subdomain of an existing site...)

ajwalsh, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  9. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, what exactly does it mean for "keywords in the posts to link to the same site?"

ajwalsh, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  10. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Fully agree, specially because the site is new you want to not to "overwhelm" Google by posting a lot of posts and then for a long time nothing, or just a small amount of posts... It's better to update regularly, Google will notice that and take note that your site has always fresh content...

SEOTranslator, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  11. seo smith

seo smith Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate
    Real and unique content will give you best results ...keep posting

seo smith, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  12. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. as long as you creating unique content, there shouldn't be any penalty. To maximize your rankings however, you should try to do a lot of internal linking and add no-follow to outgoing links.

Trioman, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  13. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    4-5 posts a day will NOT raise flags. In fact 10or 20 per day wouldn't.

BUT...

I would rather write 1 high quality post ever few days or even once per week than to write 4-5 mediocre or crappy posts per day. 250 words is a very short post IMO. You can't talk about anything significant in 250 words. And the sheer number of posts on your site is not going to make your site popular(with the engines or people). Volume of posts won't make people want spend time there. The quality of the posts (not the number) is what is important.

So content just being unique is not enough. It needs to be quality content. Unique crap is still crap. But quality content that is unique is golden.

Canonical, Oct 6, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  14. wakeupseo

wakeupseo Member

Best Answers:
    Unique content & quality posts can attract people and visitors.Quality and unique content can build your credibility with your readers.

wakeupseo, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  15. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, these are very good points, thanks.

In my case, my site is mostly made up of more brief reviews, so I think it's alright as long as I'm sure to write them all well. I won't be just churning out crappy ones (at least I hope not...)

ajwalsh, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  16. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    This is initially what made me ask.

ajwalsh, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  17. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. The internet is saturated with garbage content (ajwalsh, I'm not suggesting that yours is). It's the exception rather than the rule to find a high-quality post with good grammar, spelling, and word choice.

Canonical is exactly right. Focus on writing a workable number of very high-quality posts. Make them something well worth the visitor's time. The quality content of your website will bring you the success you desire over the long run.

Jim4767, Oct 6, 2010 IP