1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace - howto

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by sandossu, Sep 29, 2006.

Ok, i have a few profiles with a few thousand friends and i would like a few tips on how to send the bulletins and what to include in them.
    This discussion could evolve so we all learn something one from eachother.

thanks

sandossu, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  2. fireflyproject

fireflyproject Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to market? That will help get the answer you're seeking a lot faster.

fireflyproject, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  3. sandossu

sandossu Guest

Best Answers:
    i am trying more, like mobile phones, ringtones, web hosting, ebooks...

but i really don't know how should i send the bulletin and how many visits should i get, as a percentage. I got 10 visits from a 1300 friends bulletin

sandossu, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  4. fireflyproject

fireflyproject Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is that only one bulletin or a series?

fireflyproject, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  5. sandossu

sandossu Guest

Best Answers:
    tried with one and series too, but i don't really know how to send, what to write etc
    could you give me some tips, please ?

sandossu, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  6. The SEO Hippy

The SEO Hippy Peon

Best Answers:
    There's your problem - need more friends.

The SEO Hippy, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  7. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    your supposed to know how / what - your planning on marketing before you make your accounts -- that way you invite the people who will be interested in your product.

Anywho -- I find it best to make it look like you found something, its good, and your really excited about it / like it alot and jst had to tell everyone about it

Good luck

P.S. Myspace does sometimes eventually flag URL's so that bulletins which contain a link to or that url can be posted, but at just invisible and can't be found anywhere. Your gonna have to set up 3rd party redirects. **One redirect that always works, is you put a flash file on imagehost, that redirects to your website -- and then you link to the flash file hosted on imagehost.

Worldwid, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Keep it simple.
    I find something like this works best and will get them to your site....after that it's up to the content on your site to get them to convert to $.

Headline: This is cool.
    Body: I found this and thought I would send it on because I think you will find it really useful, anyway it's worth checking out. Nothing bad lol.

Cyclops, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  9. Hobbit2

Hobbit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A simple appealing image makes people click more.

Hobbit2, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  10. AndyG

AndyG Peon

Best Answers:
    We've used MySpace much like Worldwid has described. We have a site about military videos, we focus on adding military folks and sending them bulletins. We have a site about police information and stuff, we focus on police related friends for that MySpace account. Don't bombard folks with bulletins. We've seen good results using this tactic not only increasing our hits but also our CTR as these targeted folks are looking at ads targeted for them.

I look at friends on myspace in various ways. You have the Friendstorm/Trains friends that while you can gain 500+ a day easily, are the least targeted and least likely to follow your bulletin much less click an ad. Then you have the niche, targeted friends you will add. Join groups related to your subject and add folks from there. No, you won't gain as many friends as quickly and it's a bit more tedious than the Friendster/Friendstorm routes, but the fact these friends you are adding are more targeted towards your product means they are *much* more likely to see, read, and click your bulletin (as they also perhaps don't have 10k-80k in friends and can actually see your bulletin go by). Then after clicking the bulletin, hopefully they click an ad or buy the product you are offering.

We've experimented with many facets of MySpace as a tool for marketing our sites and products and have found the best results when:

1) We create a different myspace site for each niche and design it/focus it around the product. We even make the template look alot like the site we're focusing on to make it familiar.

2) We add targeted friends from groups and profiles that fit our product. We have learned to *only* use Friendster and trains to build a small "base" of friends to not make the profile look like a ghost town. Say around 1k in friends total. *THEN* we go back, start deleting the crap friends, and add around 100 friends per day from targeted niche groups. You don't have to delete the junk friends, but I for one can't stand the incessant bulletin spam ( I know.. i don't have to read them.. But I can't stop!) but also, I think it gives more creedance to our profile if as folks look through our friends, we have true, targeted friends and not 6k of your average Emo-hair-in-the-face with cutsie names MySpace crowd. Unless, that is what you are targeting ;)

3) Send out 2-4 bulletins spread throughout the day. I've had profiles lose 50 friends in a swoop as we learned not to spam out bulletins. Even sending out 3 at a time killed our readership level. You want to maximize the amount of folks reading the bulletin so just aim to send out say 3-4 a day, but time them out. One in the morn, one at noon, one at 5-6, one before bed. Only send out bulletins related to your product; i.e. no Friendster bulletins or other spam.

4) Goto 10. Just keep adding niche friends, don't worry about amount of friends you have so much as you do the quality of your friends. Sending out a bulletin to 1000 targeted friends has gained more targeted traffic than sending the same bulletin to 6000 Train'd/Friendster friends. It's really up to you on those types of friends, just keep in mind that the best friends you can have are the targeted ones in the long run and we did better focusing on our sites and targeting true niche friends than spending time on trains and such.

Keep adding those targeted friends and keep sending out those bulletins. Comment on other folks' profiles and pics to get your profile out a bit more. We use a few other tactics specially for our product and profile that helps in ways, so get creative! There is no doubt that MySpace can be used for marketing purposes, it's a matter of working on it a bit and finding those needles in the haystack and getting your voice to as many as you can.

AndyG, Oct 3, 2006 IP
    akoj likes this.