1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copyright question!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by SocialSignals, Oct 6, 2010.

I searched for a answer to this but to be honest i wasn't able to find anything.

The issue stands like this.

Le's say I create a website with the only purpose of publishing other peoples/websites materials.

They will not be rewritten/spinned or anything. But I will put the link of the source at the end of each material.

I want to know about the legal issues but mostly how will I rank in the eyes of google. (that's what interests me the most.)
    None of the articles will be unique so how will google rank me?

Hope I can get some decent answers.

Regards to all.

SocialSignals, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  2. Sound Link

Sound Link Peon

Best Answers:
    If the given material is freely available to anyone and a link to the source is added, I don't see a single reason why couldn't it go through.

Sound Link, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  3. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But what about google rankings? Will it 'hurt' my rankings even tho I have the original link of the article?

SocialSignals, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  4. Mike1958

Mike1958 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you scrape copyrighted content and put on your website without the owners' permession - could be some liability if they make a claim against you. Most likely your host will be sent a C&D notice.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    Mike1958, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  5. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Why post in the Legal section rather than the SEO one if you want the SEO impact not the Legal?

Your going to have duplicate content and therefore unlikely to rank well.

AstarothSolutions, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  6. Steve Johnson

Steve Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Republishing copyrighted material without permission is illegal. Specifically in the United States, it's a crime, punishable with imprisonment. I don't know about Albania, which I assume is where you live.

But as with any law, nothing is illegal unless you're taken to court and found guilty. In the United States, there are no government resources to enforce copyright laws. It's up to the copyright owners to enforce the laws, and seek criminal lawsuits, which are very expensive. Hence, copyright infringement happens a lot, and a lot of people get away with it.

Steve Johnson, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  7. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    /\ What Steve said. If you don't make it unique it, by the way, you'll be completely wasting your time. Search engines hate dupe content.

contentboss, Oct 8, 2010 IP