1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with email setup on my domain

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by designventures, Sep 27, 2010.

Friends,
    I want to make sure am doing it right way and will not see trouble on long run.

For a client, I have a domain and email setup .

What I did was:
    1> made the email abc@domain
    2> Put the email on Autoforward to his Gmail and also made Gmail Default reply as "Abc@domain
    3> Also made pop enable access on gmail and put " Delete copy on server when fetching email"

** The reason I did delete copy from server was to keep my server storage low
    ** The reason i did autoforward was to make sure email gets into gmail Instantly.

Anybody see anything wrong on above procedure?

Anything i need to takecare to make sure email runs smoothly?

Thanks
    DV

designventures, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  2. designventures

designventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    An help with my question please!

designventures, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  3. 51face

51face Peon

Best Answers:
    the email server might be not working properly... contact your hosting provider for this issue

51face, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  4. FrankKorn

FrankKorn Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can also use google apps to open his e-mail. it will keep his domain and it looks like gmail :)

FrankKorn, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  5. navjotjsingh

navjotjsingh Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have selected POP3 fetching from Gmail then I really don't see any reason why you have kept Autoforward to Gmail option on the server. That way you will end up having 2 copies of each mail on your Gmail account. So please delete the Autoforward option.

And yes FrankKorn's suggestion is better. If you want to manage the email id from Gmail, you should opt for Google Apps Account. Its free and you will have your own custom domain based email address but all features of a Gmail account.

navjotjsingh, Oct 3, 2010 IP