1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How good are backlinks from DIRJournal? (I have 3)

Discussion in 'Directories' started by griffinjt, Sep 27, 2010.

I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced good things from getting a backlink(s) from DIRJournal. I've been accepted into the directory and have 3 deep links.

Just wanted to hear about your experiences with DIRJournal!

I also got a backlink from JoeAnt. :) Pretty excited about that too.

I'm thinking about going after a link from the Yahoo! Directory. I'm pretty sure that if I can secure a backlink from them, I'll be set on that quality backlink end.

What do you think? Worth the money for Yahoo?

griffinjt, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  2. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone willing to share experience? Or does anyone have any experience/knowledge at all?

griffinjt, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  3. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any backlinks are good. I wonder why are you asking this type of question ? Only thing is that high pr links have some more weightage.

pradiprg, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  4. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its actually a good thread, i would like to know the outcomes as well, there used to be couple of directories, where when you submit links would yield positive results in couple of days time, such as 2yi.net kahuki.com cascandra.com and few more, which i don't remember, however, i am not sure if these links would yield any results now. I had submitted a listing in yahoo, it did boost my rank in yahoo for sometime. Dmoz.org had the huge impact on my ranks, botw was slightly alright as well, not sure tho. I won't recommend submitting in botw though, tons of their listing pages are not even indexed and on top of that they charge way too much. Let us know if you monitor any shifts in your ranks after listing in dirjournal.

erm, what a knee jerk reply. He is asking something else!

Jin, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  5. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    My site is fairly new (the domain is about a month old, and I just started letting spiders crawl it about 2 weeks ago), so we will see how my site ranks when Google initially puts my links out there. Even with receiving those links, I'm still not getting indexed into the system, albeit my site has been crawled nearly every day since. I guess it will just take a little bit for Google to position my links.

I will let you know how they are positioned once they start ranking for keywords.

griffinjt, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  6. BEN_D

BEN_D Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also have a new site and I submited to JoeAnt about 6 days ago but still did not get the backlinks from them. I will check what will happen.

BEN_D, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right strategy is to go slow with new domain, now that you have one link from dirjournal, i would recommend you to wait a while before you go for yahoo, or other stronger directories, let your site mature a bit and then get links from these directories, don't get all the good links all at once, because then you will not have too much of choice left, plus its a better strategy.

Jin, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  8. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    Jin, solid advice. Slow link building is better than getting them all at once. I'm now more focused on content than links, seeing that I got strong links from DIRJournal and JoeAnt. I will see how things progress, and then shoot for Yahoo! at the beginning of the new year. This should be sufficient time to produce lots of quality content and to gain trust with the search engines.

I've also gone ahead and purchased my domain 5 years in advance. While I've heard that it has no effect on SEO, it could help with how Google treats my site in terms of trustworthiness and credibility. We will see!

griffinjt, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  9. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure whether its because of DirJournal or from other dirs as well, but one of my sites is performing okay and its listed in DirJournal.

Ibn Juferi, Oct 2, 2010 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  10. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    My links have started ranking for keywords..and a few of them are #1 in Google already! And for my really competitive keyword, my ranking started at #50..which is pretty legit for my site only being out there for 2 weeks. Those directory listings (DIRJournal and JoeAnt) really boosted my rankings compared to other sites that I have started without those listings. Definitely worth the money!

griffinjt, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  11. subet

subet Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you submit regular or featured link on them?

subet, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  12. seowebexpert

seowebexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently tried a sponsored listing from botw and it definitely had a positive effect on my rankings. They do a free 30 day trial, then after the month it $50 every month. The benefit of the sponsored listings though, is that you can tell them on exactly which page you want to be listed :)

Well worth a try. I wrote a brief paragraph or two on my site - http://www.seowebexpert.co.uk/improve-search-engine-rankings-botw.html

:)

seowebexpert, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  13. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    I had to think long and hard about submitting to romow.com but now am quite happy as I am getting referrals from them. I tend to be more interested in how my directory listings appear in searches. I most often submit to paid and usually featured and the details page from nearly every one shows in the 'unholy one' serps.

I do not pay but very little attention to PR.

Harkster, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  14. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    Subet - I submitted a featured link for my site along with 3 deep links. It has definitely paid off. I also noticed that my link from JoeAnt had not yet been indexed, so the links from DIRJournal were even more powerful than I had originally speculated. I now highly recommend DIRJournal as a quality SEO directory.

griffinjt, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  15. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    if its having page rank and having good information, that might be useful to your site.

newlogo, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  16. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    I've gained a lot of clients in the past few days, and I have the money readily available to submit to the Yahoo! Directory. I simply want my site there for the quality backlink..should I go for it?

griffinjt, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  17. websolveit

websolveit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised that people still pay $$$ to get into directories. In my opinion, authority links from your niche are like gold, money can't buy it always. If I have too much money at my disposal to spend on link building I may consider buying from paid directories, otherwise No. Afterall directories are just directories and if you are getting traffic it is worth. For SEO I prefer natural link building

websolveit, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  18. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    yes its really good links of dir journal.

newlogo, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  19. griffinjt

griffinjt Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true, authority links from your niche ARE like gold. However, authority links from your niche are tough to get when your site is only 1 month old. Bearing that in mind, directory submissions have tangible results for SERPs in the beginning stages of a website.

I do agree, though, that once your site is off the ground and has enough solid content in the bag (anywhere between 3-6 months), then you should really start looking for those powerful niche links.

In my case, it was worth it to spend the extra money for a few quality backlinks from solid directories like DIRJournal, and it can only help in the future.

griffinjt, Oct 13, 2010 IP