Critique my sales page and win a free e-book on relationships!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by KingJim, Sep 28, 2010.

Hey guys:

Can you critique my sales page draft? My sales letter is a bit rough and I am looking for some inspiration. If you are a top copywriter and copywriting is your skillset then why not share some of your knowledge for DP readers. Let's get this sales page shining! Top 3 answers will get a free copy of the product valued at $47.

Cheers,

KJ

View Sales Letter Sample Here

KingJim, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    And what if we don't want your e-book?

Look, man, just ask for help. ... Leave out the cheap-sounding sales pitch.

You're selling too soon. Your readers don't know enough about you to buy your product just yet.

Give them free samples, free tips, talk more about your product by giving more benefits.... THEN sell them. But do it on your site.

This is weak:
    "Analyse"? "Assessing?"

Not only are there not enough benefits there (it's also boring, actually), you need to talk in plain, easier language that the guy next door talks.

Guys want a simple how-to plan. Leave out such words.

Not to sound crude here, but you also want to give them an erection at the same time, for the obvious reason.

Do the words on your pitch page do that?

Leave out double "!!" quotation marks. Cheap sales pitches do that.

And, it is much, much more, not "many."

Have the link that goes to your site be interesting, perk their curiosity.

Example: "Here's self-proclaimed "boring nerd" Paul W. and one helluva cute woman, Susan P. from Chicago Illinois, and how they met at Barnes and Noble."

Or: "Here are examples of guys who are just like you, and and how they did it."

Leave out the "30 days." Most find it hard to believe that it can happen within that time.

That line has also been overdone to death anyway.

If you need more help, you are just going to have to hire me, or someone else.

Regardless, good luck with it.

Perry Rose, Oct 1, 2010 IP
    Chuckun likes this.
  3. Chuckun

Chuckun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 Green Rep for that.

Perry Rose got it absolutely perfect - hit the nail on the head, and penetrated the plank (pardon the pun :rolleyes:).. Spot on.

Take Perry Rose's advice; there's nothing worse than a bogus sounding sales pitch!

Chuckun

Chuckun, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  4. KingJim

KingJim Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok people sorry for the sales pitch and thank-you for the reasoned and well thought out responses as I appreciate the help.

KingJim, Oct 3, 2010 IP