1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tracking Clickbank Traffic Sources?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by marketitnow, Sep 30, 2010.

I am managing a few clickbank products and the owners want to know where the traffic is coming from. In other words, what are the sites or posting they are being hopped from. We can see the name of the affiliate and the number of hops, order impressions etc using their analytics tool but not the source.

We have installed google analytics but this is causing an issue as well as we are tracking two parts of the site with the same account. In other words, the main site is www.blah.com/index.htm and the clickbank product is www.blah.com/index_cb.html. The second account is pulling stats from sources other than index_cb.html page. Putting it on its own domain is not yet an option either.

Any ideas?

marketitnow, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  2. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use short url services like bit.ly or j.mp they have also stats. Or if you are using Word press, you can get free plugins that shorten your url and give you stats too. this is Just one option.

dess71, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  3. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    get yourself a free copy of http://www.statcounter.com - it will show you ref urls for any page you install it on, along with customer paths, time stayed, exit pages, etc. Shows more analytics than G and I use it on all my sites. You can easily see where your aff's are getting their traffic from, even when they try to hide/blank them out. Just tell your clients to never fuck with that data too much or try to outdo their affiliates or else they'll lose them all. You can also install a bunch of separate ones under the same account, so say you want to just have a stat on your download/thank you page, you can setup a separate one there and have just your conversion data, or have two there, one that's on every page of your site, and one that's on the thank you page only. This will help you see if anyone reaches your pages through a back door/leak. It will also help you see which demo's are converting where and why over time re trends, as well as the most common paths taken to convert, and to exit (so you can tweak accordingly, improve time spent on site, bounce rates, patch up where people leave most, and improve conversions re customer paths being tightened up)... You can have them on as many sites as you want for free too. They give you way more data/history if you pay, but even free is awesome.
    '

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    NCMedia, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  4. marketitnow

marketitnow Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks so much dess and ncmedia! I'll check the statcount today. I used to use it years ago on my sites but there what not much data then. Then google analytics came along. nc, what part of TO you in? Lived is pickering/scarborough for years and worked downtown.

marketitnow, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  5. ijocrumut

ijocrumut Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you using wordpress to landing page use the free plugin Pretty link cloaker it will help :D

ijocrumut, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  6. SovietZoo

SovietZoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Look for sites that teach how to cloak referral links. Then look for counters to that :)

SovietZoo, Oct 1, 2010 IP