1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your highest grossing month with eCommerce?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Seqqa, Sep 29, 2010.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know what everyones success has been with eCommerce, as we're all well aware this is a multi-billion dollar a year industry that's only getting bigger. I myself like moving into emerging markets and I just wanted to hear of your success stores.

You don't have to disclose your site if you do not wish too, I just want this thread to serve as encouragement for other starting out in this business.

Thanks, I look forward to your comments!

Seqqa, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  2. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what you are selling, your marketing and your work efforts.

netpox, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  3. Chance

Chance Peon

Best Answers:
    Before I started my current company I managed a site that averaged between $70,000-100,000/mo. (They were bought out and later combined in to another site)

Chance, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it really depends on what your selling and how aggressive you are with your marketing efforts. I think price points have a major factor in revenue terms, I've seem some ugly eCommerce sites making over $100k a year just by the fact of what it is they're selling. Take BizChair.com for example a company that did $48m turnover in 2008, it's an excellent market because large companies are massive spenders and when they do spend each customer is highly likely not to buy 1 office chair by maybe 10 or 20 which would make VPV (value per visit) very high.

Seqqa, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  5. Jessie111

Jessie111 Peon

Best Answers:
    We sell luxury products on our eCommerce site - our numbers were very high up until 2008, but hopefully we can get our numbers back up as the economy improves slowly!

Jessie111, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people have been finding it hard for the last 2-3 years. Whoever managed to survive will find we'll be entering a whole new bull market in terms of retail both online/offline and economic growth.

Seqqa, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  7. jb=]

jb=] Peon

Best Answers:
    Are these numbers with drop shippers?

jb=], Oct 1, 2010 IP
  8. patrick24601

patrick24601 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is one of those questions that is going to have a variety of answers, and you are not really going to learn anything from any of them. Kind of like "what is your favorite color and why?".

Your question needs to be a lot more specific in nature. Ask about a particular type of ecommerce or a particular niche.

Do your market research: What (specifically) are you looking to get into for ecommerce and why? How are you going to promote? Do you know who your top competitors are online? What are their traffic sources? What are you top keyword phrases that you need to SEO for?

patrick24601, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactily fundermentals will always win. Do your homework and find out what makes your competitors tick, who are they dealing with, what are they selling who are they developing link partners with. You need to be red hot and on the case for example what are their backlinks what keywords are driving their sales and traffic become a master of your competition. Know their game better than they do and you will become rambo of eCommerce.

Seqqa, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  10. gotsit

gotsit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im hoping its to come this is my first xmas in ecommerce and i have been going hard core to get ready for it fingers cross i get a nice number i can post here , my bigest month without ecommerse was $27,000 ;) but times have changed and those days have gone , however seems that they maybe just a drop in the bucket compared to what will happen at xmas this year . I say get your sites LIVE and get a product one the market as soon as you can.

gotsit, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean by times have changed. There was a time when money poored out of the internet but now it seems like a different game from when I first joined, the easy buck isn't so easy any more.

Seqqa, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  12. Uncle Oz

Uncle Oz Peon

Best Answers:
    And I just arrived here at this planet, a few years to late...........or is it? Just maybe I am in the right position at the right time......in fact I know I am! What I need to figure out now is how does the whole puzzle fit together :)

Uncle Oz, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  13. ContentConnections

ContentConnections Active Member

Best Answers:
    I sell bed linen on my Ecommerce site, very successful, currently earning around £20,000 profit per month

ContentConnections, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  14. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How's your business standing up in the economic climate, will you be effected badly by the 20% VAT coming in?

Seqqa, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  15. Pearson

Pearson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,
    How are you getting high volume payments processed? I am about to launch my site, my call centre business currently does around £60k a month via the telephone ad I thik the same will be done online. I am looking to get a payment model that doesn't require as much detail as a standard Merchant account with high street banks but also don't want to get shut down and account limited/frozen.
    Any advice will be helpful,
    Tom

Pearson, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Authorize.Net
    paypal-business.co.uk
    checkout.google.co.uk

I think they are good if you need someone who can process 6/7 figures a year. If it's looking more like 8 figures I'd look about maybe getting a mastercard merchant account.

Seqqa, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  17. Pearson

Pearson Peon

Best Answers:
    Which sort of Mastercard account is that one? Is that something like streamline or an online version?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Pearson, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  18. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seqqa, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  19. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Highest I manage to get is $80k/month during I organize charity program for my local community.

mentos, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  20. SamDolbel

SamDolbel Peon

Best Answers:
    I am an importer and I sell direct to the public online. On a good month we can turn over $150K in New Zealand. This is not dropshipping tho we have large running costs.

SamDolbel, Oct 18, 2010 IP