1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Combining a subscription and regular item into one button?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by nickholas, Sep 30, 2010.

Hi DigitalPoint members. I'd like to know if it is possible to have one button which buys something (like a LAPTOP) and also a subscription (like for TECHNICAL SUPPORT).

I'd like to sell an item and a subscription to the client in one move. Is this even possible to do with paypal buttons?

nickholas, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  2. Chance

Chance Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do it by setting your initial subscription payment to a higher amount to cover the price of the laptop, and then the subsequent payments for whatever you want to charge for the support contract. I'm pretty sure you'll seriously limit your ability to fight a dispute if someone tries to screw you on the laptop purchase though.

You're probably better off selling the laptop as a single item sale (so you can enter a tracking number and fight a dispute) and then try to upsale the support contract after the sale through a subscription.

Chance, Sep 30, 2010 IP