1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google giving out the wrong advice?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by jacknixon, Sep 30, 2010.

Hi

I have an adgroup that Google optimized for me - yes, I know.... silly me. But it is interesting to see what they come up with. One of the ad texts they came back was:

Instant Loans-No Credit?
    Instant Decisions, No Paperwork.
    Bad Credit OK. No Hidden Charges.
    GreatDeal-FIance

I pointed out to the guy that the camel cased URL was incorrect i.e. if we were going to do that we would have written Greatdeal-Fiance

The point is that the advisor was positive that having camel case... INCLUDING the "I" in finance would work a treat.

Is he right? Personally I don't think so but if anyone else has had any success at this I would love to hear.

Thanks

jacknixon, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't think so either. You could of course test it. I've never tried this sort of thing but I do know that anything that looks weird in an ad usually reduces the click rate. This looks weird. The I looks like an L and makes you wonder what that word is. Not the sort of trick I would try for a first ad, even if it did increase click rate. Keep it simple at first, find out the trigger words in your ad before resorting to more esoteric tricks.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  3. promomanagers

promomanagers Peon

Best Answers:
    To date we have had very little success with Adwords. We have not yet taken them up on their offer to help craft programs.

promomanagers, Sep 30, 2010 IP