1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submit sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by sangtaoytuong, Sep 19, 2010.

Hi everyone,
    Please tell me how long do i resubmit sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools?
    And tell me how to set Change Frequency field in sitemap file.
    Thanks.

sangtaoytuong, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  2. rakeshkamandal

rakeshkamandal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whenever you make a major change on your blog or website you should resubmit the sitemap if you are blogging on WordPress platform then just add a sitemap generator plugin it will do all the needed things automatically.

rakeshkamandal, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  3. xsh00tax

xsh00tax Guest

Best Answers:
    How do you create your sitemap? Do you handwrite or do you use software? If you are using software then it should be a simple process to change your change frequency. Let me know how you are creating it and I'l see if I can help. Google is very clever and only uses the change frequency as a guide. Google will very quickly spot how often you are editing your site and whether or not your change frequency really is accurate or not so this feature is not essential but simply helps Google move a little quicker IF ACCURATE. If it is not accurate then Google will completely ignore it. Remember that each and every webpage of any site must have its own change frequency so they must all be set as accurately as possible. Many of your webpages are probably never edited at all, this needs to be presented to Google by setting your frequency to NEVER.

As for re-submitting sitemaps, you can do it as often as you like. It depends on what changes you have made to your site. If you have added new pages then certainly go ahead and create and submit a new map, not every time you add a page but if possible wait until after you have finished adding all the pages for this particular update. Remeber Google is clever and a sitemap once again is only a guide. It is simply helping spiders to see pages that otherwise it may of missed. If all the pages of your site are very relevant with the theme of your site with well written content and keywords that are following suit with the main page then Google will have no problems finding any pages. If you keep resubmitting sitemaps 2 or 3 times a week then you are wasting your time as Google will ignore the submission requests. Try to re-submit in bulk, once many chabges have been made rather than every single little change. I edit one of my sites on a daily basis with many new pages being added but I will only re-submit once a month at the most.

xsh00tax, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  4. Gauravkr

Gauravkr Member

Best Answers:
    For re-submitting sitemaps, you can do it as often as you like. It depends on what changes you have made to your site.

As for changing frequency, if you are using software than its to easy to change it else you are able to do it manually also. Remember that each webpage of site have its own change frequency so they must all be set as accurately as possible.

Gauravkr, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  5. nduen18

nduen18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does submitting your sitemap to google help with getting your pages indexed faster or does this have no bearing? Is submitting the sitemap simply more for making sure that google indexes all of our pages and really will not impact when the google crawler comes?

nduen18, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  6. subsidie

subsidie Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience is that a sitemap helps index your pages faster and if you update your site often the crawler will also visit your page(s) more often.

subsidie, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  7. nemi

nemi Peon

Best Answers:
    If you upload the same sitemap it doesn't make sence to google. You need at first add some webpages to your website and then generate new sitemap and upload it. That helps indexing your webpage to google.

nemi, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  8. nemi

nemi Peon

Best Answers:
    btw, what type of sitemap generator do you use to generate it?

nemi, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  9. michaelvk

michaelvk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Whenever updated your website pages or made small small changes, once all those changes, just update the XML sitemap, then resubmit into the Google Webmaster Tool. So those modified or updated content indexed very quickly by Google.
    thanks,

michaelvk, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  10. leapharris

leapharris Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, just clcik on the specified site in web mater tools, down side of the site you will get an option to add site map, if you already added the site map either you can delete it or you can edit the same by downloading to your local machine. you can set priority in site map files.

leapharris, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  11. akaraiya

akaraiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    When you do changes in your site, you should resubmit sitemap in webmaster tool. but i think that we should resubmit sitemap in webmaster tool after every 15 days.

akaraiya, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  12. sanoj

sanoj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when you change any content and do any activity in your site in which site get some more or editable information you have to
    resubmit your site map file.

sanoj, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  13. sharatnikhil

sharatnikhil Active Member

Best Answers:
    for wordpress .. Installing WP sitemap generator will be the best option for you ...

:)

sharatnikhil, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  14. ghaffar795

ghaffar795 Peon

Best Answers:
    Word press is best blog system. Google support to word press. So it is easy to upload the sitemap

ghaffar795, Oct 20, 2010 IP