1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pointers needed :)

Discussion in 'PHP' started by NewBean, Sep 29, 2010.

Hi everybody.

I have this idea and I need some pointers to get started. I am new to php and therefore I have been searching around for the best way to solve my problem.

I want to create a site where you can register your username. Once you have done that, I want you to be able to make a series of choises, for example different colors of your choise. Then I want want those choises to be saved in my database. Next I want my site to be able to compare the choises of two users.
    Example: If user one selected blue, red, and yellow, and user two selected blue, red and orange, I want the site to display that their common colors are red and blue.

I know what I ask of is alot, and would therefore be grateful if someone could point me in some direction on where to get started.

Regards

Kristoffer

NewBean, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  2. bratosab

bratosab Active Member

Best Answers:
    That isn't very hard, if your using a MySQL database you can just use a GROUP BY in a SELECT query, to get the results you want, as for saving the information in the database, there are hundreds of tutorials on the internet. If you need detailed help just say so, I'll be glad to.

bratosab, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  3. NewBean

NewBean Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Thank you for a quick response:)

Like I said in my main post, I am new to this, so I would love more detailed help.

Regards

Kristoffer

NewBean, Sep 29, 2010 IP