1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to display a 'html include' in wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Eager2Seo, Sep 26, 2010.

I have a cron job running a php script that drops some files. I want to manually include the text files in my post without using a php plugin. I will be using the standard WP text editor. The text files simply contain html (like an image, link or just text). Is there any way to do this without resorting to php?
    Thanks!

Eager2Seo, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  2. itschloe

itschloe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for this you need to use the widgets option in your wordpress blog. Drag and drop the "Text' widget in the list and then click edit and paste the html code. give it a go and see the result.

itschloe, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  3. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's actually a shtml include but you can modify the htaccess to change it to a html extension. But it slows down the server and a php include would probably be better. I used to use both types years ago and don't recall the modifications that needs to be done to the htaccess file but just Google shtml includes and you should find the info.

bob25, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  4. Eager2Seo

Eager2Seo Member

Best Answers:
    I have it running with php and I think I'm going to leave it alone. It works fine. I'm thinking now I would have to create 5 other htm files to replace the php code I have...

Eager2Seo, Sep 26, 2010 IP