1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

?? Google PR = 0 ??

Discussion in 'Google' started by xsh00tax, Sep 22, 2010.

hey. Im currently constructing an outbound link page and although I now only tend to use link partners with at least a rank of 1, I do have 3 or 4 customers who have been very faithfull with a rank of 0 that i would like to link due to helping us personally on several occassions.
    Basically what I wanted to know was whether there is a way to tell if the low rank is because its a fairly new site or because they are blacklisted. I have ran a check and they do come up as indexed but still with a low rank. Is there any on-line tools i can use?
    I have used prchecker but it simply returns what I already knew, that the site/s have a 0 rank. Any information would be useful.
    Thank you.

xsh00tax, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  2. kbrkal

kbrkal Peon

Best Answers:
    They have a low pagerank becuase they probably do not have tons of unique content and they don't have tons of high PR sites linking to them.

kbrkal, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  3. nzk0

nzk0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    u probably need backlinks, u can use chrome SEO to check for backlinks or the yahoo backlinks tool

nzk0, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  4. moriswatson

moriswatson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think probably you should be needs to back links and you can check your current back links by using www.backlinkwatch.com

moriswatson, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  5. mitashseo

mitashseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about the 'PR'. Focus on getting targeted customers to your website. Also note that linking to websites that goes against to Google's guidelines will effect yours. For more information on Google's guidelines, type in for Google Webmaster Guidelines.

And the best tools to check out your website stats are Google's webmaster tool and Analytic tool. Search on Google with these words and you will see how to use them. Let me know if you need further help. All the best!

mitashseo, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  6. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    And more than likely, it hasn't been crawled by the search engines.

Page ranking means NOTHING.

You can have a website PR 6 and it will mean total jack in comparison to how much money it will make to a website with a PR of 0 sometimes.

It all depends on the marketing guys ;)

Lalamaple, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  7. weathor

weathor Peon

Best Answers:
    Do some seo and submit some links and dont worry!! Needs time

weathor, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  8. h4ckzor3

h4ckzor3 Peon

Best Answers:
    To improve ranking positions you need backlinks with your keyword as anchor text. Content + backlinks = PR.

h4ckzor3, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  9. bestway

bestway Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just build backlinks

bestway, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  10. Gerinja

Gerinja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the importance of page rank.
    while many think page rank is useless, i say there is slight advantage to have a lets say page rank 5, than to have page rank 1. for one; you are surely going to get more attention from Google. meaning your keywords could rank high and have first page results when someone does a search related to your keywords. you can also see that in here, in DP trade, you can actually make more business with a high page ranked website or blog than with low page rank... i think there could be more benefits that at least at the moment i can't think of...

Gerinja, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  11. averagejenny

averagejenny Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a new website and because it is new makes it a bit harder to build page rank so it is highly suggested to continue to get high quality backlinks. I am constantly getting backlinks so I can build my page rank but I will have to wait to the next pr update to at least get to a pr 2 or 3. Keep building links and using different strategies.

averagejenny, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  12. punchaboveyourweight

punchaboveyourweight Peon

Best Answers:
    A PR of 0 and a PR of N/A are different. PR 0 - new site or not many backlinks. PR N/A - new site that hasn't been crawled yet and is not in the index or is completely irrelevant or is penalized.

punchaboveyourweight, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  13. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Original content and get back links.

supernal, Sep 22, 2010 IP