1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I transfer a wordpress script to another host ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sweatlana, Sep 22, 2010.

Hello friends,
    I am in problem now. I want to change my host but the problem is that I have all my sites with wordpess blogs script. so I dont know if i can transfer all my files as it is to another host because I think there is risk to lost the database installation. I need your help , please let me know how this is possible to transfer a site with wordpess files to another hosting.
    thanks

sweatlana, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  2. samkak

samkak Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is very simple procedure.first export individual database from phpmyadmin,then copy all the files to the new host then create new databases on your new host,then import the databases to the respective sites.

Make sure you change the names/user/pass of the databases in your wp-config.php file(if you have changed the database names)

samkak, Sep 22, 2010 IP
    GuruCreation and Ibn Juferi like this.
  3. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Install a fresh copy of WordPress on your new web host, then export your previous database file as a .zip or .sql file via PHPMyAdmin, then import it to the new database on the new web host. And you are done! Just make sure wp-config.php details are pointing to the database on the new host.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  4. damoolag

damoolag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1.) Ask your new host to transfer your site.

or

2.) Backup the site using cpanel and be sure to backup ALL the site contents including the database. Then, download the backup on your PC. Extract the downloaded backup file and look for your site content. Upload all the file to your new site using FTP. Connect to your new host cpanel. Upload your sql database. Modify the wp-config.php accordingly. That's it.

damoolag, Sep 22, 2010 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  5. sweatlana

sweatlana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you very much for your valuable comments , these are very much helpful for me.

sweatlana, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  6. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can, and if you had hostgator it would be an even easier process as it will go through much quicker.

They usually do it for you. If not, then do it the old fashioned way with phpmyadmin and bigdump ;) - http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

Lalamaple, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  7. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    First export individual database from phpmyadmin,then copy all the files to the new host then create new databases on your new host,then import the databases to the respective sites.

Tom_Lee, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  8. sweatlana

sweatlana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your help. can you tell me if I want to upload same database from old domain to any other new domain. then how its possible and will it works on other domain or not ?

sweatlana, Sep 29, 2010 IP