1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with Squeeze Page

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Sickthing, Sep 21, 2010.

Okay I've written an eBook and its not doing so well.

I've joined Clickbank and the product is approved but I've not paid my $50 yet so not trying to sell to you, the payment link wont work.

I would like to know what I've done wrong and what I've done write with my squeeze page.

I know I need a header and Iwant to set margins or columns on it but my css abilities are weak so you can rip me for that and let me know, How important is it?

Be gentle please, its my first time. I do expect to be told it sucks but.... :D

http://betm.cebuexperience.com

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    Sickthing, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  2. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, I have only skim-read your sales pitch.... its needs some work. You are referring to you throughout the page - no offence, but the buyer doesnt really care. Sure - you can add in a introduction to get aquainted but you need to show them why they need your ebook - I.E It will solve THEIR problem today. Dont sell your ebook - sell the solution to the problem.

You need an emotional headline. What is your ebook going to do for the reader? its lacking somewhat. Also you should first grab their attention, then get their interest, build desire (why do they need it), and get them to take action. Make it dead simple for them to do so (see below).

Theres plenty more you need to work on with your copy, but before doing that, the layout needs some work...... some suggestions off the top of my head.

* Yellow background / black text - A big no - its ghastly, get rid of it and consider splitting the section up with emotional headlines with text outlining it below, but you dont need the yellow background

* Different sized fonts - You should keep your text the same size throughout and

* Too much black - Use headings where possible to portray a message. When summarizing features, use bullets and a color to match other parts of the site

* Font width; Keep it consistent for the entire page. You should only use a 2-3 sentences per paragrah. Make them punchy - make them count. In addition to that no more than 4-5 lines per paragraph either.

All of the above can be 'summarized' or cured i guess by sorting out a simple theme / style for your site before hand. They should come together afterwards. Theres are lots of free squeeze pages you can get that are simple templates you need to edit - google if you need to find one.

Some bits you might want to add;

* An affiliate page / section - You have more chance of someone promoting your ebook if you have an affiliate section. You dont need them to signup for information, but provide banners, affiliate links and so on.

* A contact page - it jsut needs to be a simple form

* Graphics - they can help. An ebook cover, CD and so on.

* Repeat the chance to buy twice, preferably three times in the page.

You might also want to consider using the "belcher button" which is proven to have good conversion rates

http://www.belcherbutton.com/

Some others;

* Money back guarantee - Get rid of that where it is and make a big point on it; its there anyway through clickback so you may as well be up front and let your visitors know. honesty pays. Another change to use a graphic here too.

* Emailing the ebook ? It kind of defeats the point. Let them download it from your site - tell them its an instantly downloadable upon payment.

* Where's your bonuses to intice the buyer?

Im sure theres plenty more, but i guess that'll keep you busy enough for now!

lukeg32, Sep 21, 2010 IP
    Sickthing and MTbiker like this.
  3. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    No offence at all.. I appreciate the feedback.

Yes that will keep me busy. Sounds like I need to trash it. There is a bonus.. sounds like I didn't make a big enough point of that. :)

Oh geesh, how did I miss that I didn't include a picture of the freaking eBook. LOL

So I should go ahead and make it available for download even though, i don't have the cash for something like DLguard at the moment? Don't like the idea of that but I also wouldn't like to have to wait for it either. I suppose i should go ahead and risk it.

I haven't started on the affiliate part yet. I'm not really good with graphics but I will work on that over the next couple of weeks and add that.

I thought I did the basic three:

what do I have for them
    what it will do for them
    how to get it.

Sounds like I blew it.

Okay thanks for the time you took to write this. I needed fresh eyes, heck I can't even remember to put the freaking ebook cover on it. :(

4. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Should I get rid of the table of contents?

5. Tooschee

Tooschee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think You could improve the overall outlook of the website, create some additional graphics, to have more proffessional feel of the page ( if you can't do that on Your own, buy a premade solution from http://prolandingpages.net ), then maybe shorten a little the content. After that You should be ready to go :)

Tooschee, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  6. javierjmc

javierjmc Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are not an ccs/html expert (or at least can handle it well) I suggest you to buy a templete, they cost about $50... I can design professional ebook covers if you need one...

javierjmc, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  7. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh, i mustve missed it then - clearly a case of me not reading and it not being prominent enough....... :)

It is better as a download, but securing it isnt really a topic for an open forum; one of the more common ways is to store it in an obscure folder and link to it from your confirmation page; you can update it daily to stop theft and once you make enough sales then go and find a more suitable solution. The latter is of course the preferred option, but you have got to start somewhere - there are others, you might want to google for securing clickbank download or something like that when you are ready to tackle it.

The table of contents is fine to keep - but it should follow suit with the rest of the page (suitable font, sizes, colors.... even better as bullet points and such).

If you need a layout, there are plenty of free squeeze page designs you can get online. If you are confident this will sell (and why make it otherwise?) then i would however suggest you invest in having one made. I would highly recommend you use either of the following; neither will break the bank; (I prefer the first one below, full minisite package FROM $17, more depending on graphics used but it saves hiring someone else)

http://getminisite.com/

http://www.coverscorp.com/order.htm

Fresh eyes always help; even if you have the best sales page EVER, it should still be read from someone else anyway to check for spelling errors, typos and the like; things that could ruin your entire sales pitch.

lukeg32, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  8. JamesTNoble

JamesTNoble Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi - this isn't really a "squeeze page" because it's not trying to get someone to opt-in to your email list.

It's just a "sales page"

First of all, I'd recommend you set up a squeeze page that asks people to opt-in to an email list in exchange for a REALLY good tip about living in the Philippines. You can find or buy templates online for this.

Then once people have opted-in to your email list, you can send them multiple emails about why they should buy your book, and allow them to ask you any questions, etc.

Hope that helps :)

JamesTNoble, Sep 21, 2010 IP
    Sickthing likes this.
  9. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    -This is your sales page not a squeeze page
    -I think your sales page needs a boarder
    -Your font size is very random
    -You should use "catchy" headers to grab the attention of your readers. Separate information using eye-catching sentances to get them engaged in reading.
    -I hate the picture of your book on the top of the page. It's pink and very unprofessional.
    - I think your over-all sales pitch needs to be looked over, it's not very engaging and doesn't really solve the solution to a problem. It just outlines what your book contains.
    -You need a better "Buy Now" button, you only have a link. Actually most people on clickbank don't even use the term "buy now" most people use "add to cart" which should help with your conversion rates.

Do a little research and put more effort into this product and you should be golden! Take a look at your top competitors and see what they are doing, emulate their success and even do better than their sales page. You might need to hire a professional to work on your write up and get some good graphics on your page.

Also if you are looking for affiliates to promote your product you should work on getting affiliate marketing materials readily available to them.

Good luck with your product launch!

Le Dangles, Sep 21, 2010 IP
    Sickthing likes this.
  10. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dangles, I'm working on many of those changes now. My competitors haven't put much into their pages, I don't think. They have been at it much longer than myself though and have a lot more traffic.

I really appreciate the help I've been getting.

Sickthing, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  11. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right James, its a pitch page not a squeeze page. I've done affiliate marketing but never my own product. So these terms are a little new to me. I've never tried giving away to earn before. I have been thinking of doing just that for the last year or so then I saw Chris Farrell developing an entire program around that idea so I've started following up on that.

I do have a shorter eBook that I've offered for free to get people to sign up for my list but it doesn't have a squeeze page. I've just been offering it on my main expat site after signing up.

I'm now thinking of putting a price on it from my main expat site and asking $10 for it. I will also set up a squeeze page for the eBook where I give it away for signing up or is that a really bad idea. Hmmmm.... Maybe it is a bad idea! I don't know what to do there! I don't want someone to pay for it and then find out they could have got it free. Hmm, perhaps I'll offer it for $10 or signup for my list.

Thoughts, anyone?

My main expat page is at http://cebuexperience.com in case anyone wants to put that much time into helping me!

I've got a lot of time in this now but that's okay, I'll put more and keep plugging away. I know its not easy.

I've THOUGHT of giving away this eBook and writing another one but that seems overwhelming. I really do wish I had known this information sooner. I've tried to push that idea home on my pitch page but it sounds like I've not done a good job of that.

thanks so much for your time and effort!

12. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks much for the follow up, that helps me even more than your original. I'm making the changes or trying too. I think I'm better at conversational writing than I am power punch sales copy. Perhaps its a muscle I need to keep exercising. :)

I found some templates. Working with them. Going to add The Belcher Button to the pitch page.

I will add the bonus eBook to cover to the page to make it stand out a bit more.

13. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    You know I spent a lot of time on those "random fonts" now I'm spending a lot of time fixing them. LOL

14. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honeslty, thi slooks like a real old ebook and website. the graphics are everything when it comes to selling a CB product. You need to outsource your mini site and ebook cover as well as your copywriting if you want the product to sell. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, pick up0 a good sales letter template and order a Fiverr Gig for $5 for your ecover.

I'm sure your ebook is good, but it's the outer wrapper that is going to sell it. What Hershey's slapped a plain white ugly wrapper on their candy bars? They're the best chocoalte in the world but if the wrapper looked funky nobody would buy them.

If you want to be taken seriously by affiliates and customers alike, put some money into your wesite design.

cjmo75, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  15. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I've updated the page It looks a lot different now. I hope better.

Its really hard for me to do a good pitch page because I hate them. I don't know why anyone ever buys anything through them. I almost never do. Doesn't matter how you change the graphics they all look the same to me.

But, since everyone is using them, I'm sure they work. I've pushed myself to make it better, i'm better at conversational blogging than the pitch but I'll keep working on it.

Are the pictures of my girl and I a bad idea. I'd take one look at me and not want to buy anything but the point is if I can get a pretty little hottie then anyone can. :)

16. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    I need a little html help.

I created a "sister page" with my paypal link instead of my clickbank (to use till I'm ready for affiliates) but having some problems getting my Paypal Form inside my box with dashed lines. I put some ************* inside my box, then I went to source and replaced the *************** with the form but it pops out of there.

Anyone willing to explain how I make it stay where I want it too? Sit Dog, Stay Dog.... :)

http://betm.cebuexperience.com/index-paypal.html'

Thanks for the help!

17. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Luke, since your creditability scores with me are way up, I signed up for your Aweber list. :)

Sickthing, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  18. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Heya,

Sorry I was meant to check back on this thread but been kinda busy! I see you've made some changes....

First thoughts, it looks *much* better - though it still needs some work.

* Remove the ebook image at the top of the page. You need to use this space for an emotional headline plus attention grabbing sentence. Your headline is ok, perhaps could do with some work, but you need to grab them reader afterwards to keep them reading. The ebook image (where is is positioned now) is distracting.

Once you have that, your bullet points below that are fine to keep.

If you want some ideas of what you can include;

- Talk about the reader - what problems can you solve for them? What situations might they find themselves in? Was there anything you can across that is quite common that you can help them overcome in this ebook?

Example: "I've got over 40 pages of first hand expat information" - this is very powerful. But why should the reader care? Because they might be/could be/will face the challenges you might have done already. Let them know this in a seperate sentence.

Your first sentence should also serve to get the reader to read the next line... then the next.... and so on....

* The page "flows" a lot better, though I still think you need more "fluff" in there. Remember, you want to persuade the reader that you have their answer they need. At the moment, you have a lot of what they will get..... but WHY do they need it?

[ I think you should keep the pic of you and your girl - it adds something to it ]

* You are using more than one buy button - GOOD. its gives the reader more oppurtunity to get it.

* Make a BIG POINT about your free bonus... right now, the heading for it is kind of lost. If i had decided half way through it was for me but wanted to skin for the "bonus" section, its quite hard to find.

* Right now, your belcher button is outside of the dotted line / area? I assume this should fall within it? [using google chrome, and epiphany browsers.....]

* I would still add in another seperate section about a money back guarantee - its in your check points, but again, make a big point. It adds perception of quality to the product.

* Do you have any testimonials? *IMPORTANT* - dont make these up [im not saying you would] - if you dont have any, then consider giving a copy away free in exchange for an honest appraisal. Even if its a critique, you might be able to move your ebook onto the next level.... [ive not seen it, so i am not criticising your quality here].

* Are you considering putting the price up at all? Be honest, if not fine - if you ARE, let the reader know

* Add a P.S in as well - you dont need to resell them just reiterate your entire sales copy in one sentence to them. Make it stand out.

Phew.....

Feel free to PM me if you need any more help - i seem to be cluttering your thread up with long posts like this, but its meant to try and help rather then criticize :)

lukeg32, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  19. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This looks MUCH better. You will definitely see a beter result with this. My advice now would be to go to Fiverr and get a better ecover done for $5. Belive me, the ecover is what will sell your ebook. As for not putting pictures of your own girlfriend, it's a bad idea. You should definitely put yourself and your girlfriend instead of a stranger. It's much better to have a personalized effect and show that you are practicing your own advice. It will instill confidence in others to buy and follow your information.

cjmo75, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  20. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    I have two, should I put the both? I joke but I wonder...... It might turn some off. I haven't talked about that part of my man dog self.....

Sickthing, Sep 23, 2010 IP