1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Dp members hates Indian People?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stivan john, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logicman

logicman Member

Best Answers:
    We all human, no one is perfect :)

logicman, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  2. daniel.UK

daniel.UK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with all that is said here. If you provide quality work, you are always valued. If you provide nothing but crap, you will have similar opinions coming from all the directions.

daniel.UK, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't hate Indians . But i won't like anyone that posts in engrish , people that refuse to use common sense and and people that try to convince other that their lies are the supreme truth .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  4. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is no meaning in this thread or discussion. I saw so many peoples saying " I don't hate Indians ". Are you peoples voting the poll. :)

As i am Indian, i never felt that i hated by someone in DP. I have many hosting clients from DP and deal with them daily. Service and Quality matters. I also hate crap spammers :(

People come looking for Indian workers because they work for cheap and do the work in time.

Normal daily wage worker in India gets $3 for working 8-9 hrs . There are so many newbie freelance workers in DP, so they bid more cheap rate's to get work and make some quick bucks.

Even when i joined DP, i was newbie and i worked for 5 hrs data entry job to earn $2 :)

kiranheartbeats, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  5. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Topic chosen to discuss. 100% agreed with @jacob88

Knowledge gets respects automatically everywhere whether it is DP or any other place in world.

madhav, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  6. BenLacivert

BenLacivert Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this true? Most DP members hate Indian members? Why?

BenLacivert, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  7. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no this is not true....I above said Knowledge gets respects automatically everywhere

madhav, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  8. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    We don't hate Indians ;) We hate spammers :( and unfortunately, most of the spammers are undeniably Indians.

Grimm, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like some Indians because of such posts. Many of them do really believe that Indians are the best. When I ask for any proof links they usually become angry, offend and say that I should learn 'history'

Ziggy, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  10. torrfriend

torrfriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    you may also see the articles written by them(indians)....they don't copy(mostly), they are hard workers also they trust everyone(these great things comes due to culture)

Also indian's don't hate anybody(even they are hated by some country people...i think you may understood)

torrfriend, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Congratulations you've just embarrassed yourself by posting one of the lies that got India stigmatized in the entire world . Whit Indian patriots like you your country doesn't even need enemies . You should go work for Suzlon they have a similar attitude to .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  12. dude91

dude91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its getting hot in here !

dude91, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  13. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with Indian, and nobody hate "indian". Dp member only hate spammer and scammer

lifeplayer, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  14. jackqs

jackqs Peon

Best Answers:
    One reason i know that people dislike them is , most indian people will provide you more quality and cheap work.

I remember one person from usa posting bad things about indian person on other forum just because he was selling backlinks at cheaper price then him.

jackqs, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  15. rahuldas14

rahuldas14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with all those who feel this hatred and disliking is because we can provide you cheap services. Generally the services are almost as good as anyone else will provide.
    The problem is the economic difference. Now not only in DP but in every field people are outsourcing jobs to India. (and also to our neighbors)
    This is because for us 1$ has much more value than you people have in your currency. Nothing can be done about this. This has advantages and disadvantages. We can work for cheap rate but in the same case we cannot get our work done or start a new business easily. When we need to invest in $ we feel the pain of exchange rates.

And yes there are lot of irresponsible people posting rubbish here and there. But they too learn to behave soon, as only serious people survive here.

I read here, someone was saying that dp is dying or dead. Yes I agree. But it is not because of the scammers or spammers. They are responsible to some extent. But to a large extent it is the mods and the rules. I feel threads are for discussion. And often discussions are between 2 people. Thats when a third person sees it and joins and this goes on in chain. Specially in sales or service thread these discussions are now not possible. If you do you receive infractions. If this goes on, I am sorry but we dp will be soon dead.
    Yes some rules are good and mods do some good jobs. But I feel some rules are making this tough.

rahuldas14, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  16. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is dying, especially the BST and P&R sections.

When I first joined the BST section was booming. Now I see so many threads with barely any views, let alone replies.

BRUm, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  17. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can get the stats here, writtern by great pakistan journalist Dr Farrukh Saleem - http://smileosmile.com/misc/india-by-dr-farrukh-saleem-a-pakistani-journalist . If you still need more, i am to happy provide you. :)

For the record: Sabeer Bhatia created and founded Hotmail. Sun Microsystems was founded by Vinod Khosla. The Intel Pentium processor, that runs 90 percent of all computers, was fathered by Vinod Dham.
    Rajiv Gupta co-invented Hewlett Packard’s E-speak project. Four out often Silicon Valley start-ups are run by Indians. Bollywood produces 800 movies per year and six Indian ladies have won Miss Universe/Miss World titles over the past 10 years.

Still if you are not satisfied, you can get full NRI report here : http://www.nriinternet.com/Did_you_Know/USA/index.htm

kiranheartbeats, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  18. TIRTH

TIRTH Peon

Best Answers:
    I think DP members only hate scammer.

TIRTH, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  19. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Please don't post data like that again . I know that those number where read in the indian parliament or something but there is no statistics supporting them . Yes there are many websites that propagate this data as a truism but unfortunately what they do is discredit your nation in the eyes of any respectable person . Out of curiosity I took some time to backtrack the source of those claims or to find some evidence in support of them . I came out whit data against this claims .

You can post a trillion link but there are no data to support those articles . How do I know ? Well for one year at the uni we where taught nothing but statistics , statistics , statistics .

The general opinion is that services provided by indians are of horrible quality (like China made goods) and that indians like to outbid them selfs by going lower and lower .

I disagree whit that claim . There are many member some whit thousands of post that keep putting up rubbish and there are also spamers that that keep a legit look but infest the board whit hundreds of 5-6 words copycat post .

The DP mods aren't trigger happy enough and IMHO there isn't enough of them to go around .

I don't know about dying . DP is doing rather well on Alexa , so traffic wise we're not bad . Quality ... well that is a different matter .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  20. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not ONLY about DP. People DO NOT trust Indians anywhere on the Internet. Even lot of online networks will deny your application just because you are from India.

Why does this happen?

Because lot of Indians think they are smart and can fool anyone. Some common examples are:

Clicking Ads on their own websites. I am sure the maximum number of AdSense banned users are from India.
    Scams - Selling stuff that they don't own or something that does not exist.
    Not paying people for services
    and more...

Why Only Indians Think of Doing Such Things?

Not many would know this, but laws in India are not that strict. Especially in non-metro cities and towns, you can easily get away with murders and/or serious crimes like rape etc. That is how the mentality becomes. Breaking traffic rules or having a fight is quiet common in India and people can get away by paying as low as USD 1 - 10.

So committing a crime/fraud/scam or whatever you may call it is very easy for us Indians. If we can get away with bigger crimes, why the hell should be worried for stealing someone's money who is more than 1000 miles away?

The second reason is that most of these scammers are young guys who have just finished their college or are still studying. They are not serious about this online business and are here just to make some quick money to spend on their gadgets, girl friends and some liquor.

Why Should You (Indian) Stop Doing This?

Making money online is a SERIOUS business. I myself got in to it full time after 10+ years of experience in IT.. you can imagine what my salary was when I quit my job in December 2009 & all my experience is from Mumbai. Now, I work from my Home (still no office) and I work for 4 hours on an average per day. I am making 4-5 times more than what I was making at my day job. The reason why I am sharing this is not to brag about myself. It's for all my Indian brothers. I want you to know that this is SERIOUS business and AWESOME money. By scamming and cheating people, you are creating a bad name for yourself which WILL affect you in near future when you will think about this as a serious business.

I am not mentioning about how you are spoiling your country's name because I know you don't care much about it anyway. I feel bad when my Country's name is taken in such a manner and I also feel bad for my fellow Indians who are spoiling their own life by scamming people.

I have more a relevant post on my blog at http://www.thedotcomblog.com/affiliate-marketing-scenario-in-india ... Hope it helps :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    Indian, Sep 21, 2010 IP
    sarahk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.