1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Key SEO Mistakes That You Must Avoid

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by arifsha, Sep 20, 2010.

The Key SEO Mistakes That You Must Avoid
    Optimizing a website for search engines requires a lot of consistent effort. Many internet marketers expect immediate success in ranking high on search engines, and they soon realize that this is not possible.
    This article presents the common mistakes which people make in search engine optimization (SEO).
     Failure to apply constant effort in optimizing a website for search engines. SEO involves continuous effort in carrying out all the key activities that can help you rank high on search engines. Many people fail in their efforts to rank high on search engines because they expect overnight success, and they soon give up when they fail to see immediate results. It is important for you to gradually add new content to your website so that search engines visit your website more often. You also need to steadily build links to your website in order to improve your ranking on search engines.
     Failure to use different SEO strategies and tools. It is important for you to use different tools for optimizing your website. You must also aim to rank high on several major search engines. Choose about four main search engines and aim to rank high on them. Write and submit articles, participate in relevant forums, submit your website to many directories and search engines and exchange links with related websites that have high popularity rank. List the strategies that you intend to follow in optimizing your website for search engines, and make sure that you carry them out on a regular basis.
     Lack of a good understanding of your niche’s keywords and phrases. If you want to successfully optimize your website, it is important that you know all your keywords and it is also important that you use these keywords on your website content, in your articles, and in any other content that you use to promote your website. Many people make the mistake of using untargeted keywords and phrases on their websites and other content that is meant to drive traffic to their website. Some internet marketers and website owners also fail to use their keywords on the title tag of their website.
     Lack of patience. Many web masters get impatient and they want to see their website rank high on search engines immediately. They fail to apply constant effort in implementing their SEO strategies. SEO requires that you patiently use your selected strategies and tools in optimizing your website for search engines.
    If you want to succeed in optimizing your website for search engines, it is important that you avoid the mistakes outlined above.

arifsha, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  2. CharlieHash

CharlieHash Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this information

CharlieHash, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  3. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    This is one of the few factor. The Patience is more important for SEO and need to keep working. When I too join this forum, someone suggested me to have patience and I follow the same. I never worried about my ranking and keep working and got the result after 3-4 month.. SO it need continuous and steady effort to rank well in SERP.

smsinhindi, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  4. seosanta

seosanta Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks arifsha! It is truly informative. I am going to kips this points in mind. Thanks for sharing and often share our informative thoughts with us.

seosanta, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  5. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although this is a very general thread, you should concentrate on specific techniques on SEO which you will use to rank higher on the search engines.

1 - backlinks
    2 - article marketing
    3 - blackhat marketing ;)

Lalamaple, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  6. csman77

csman77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It does get hard to stay patient & persistent when the people who are competing with you for keywords clearly use black hat SEO strategies. One of my keywords has the number one spot filled with a MFA site thats about a month & a half old.... :(

csman77, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  7. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    hey thats great information.Thanks for sharing.

jacuzzi, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  8. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of the most common mistakes I've seen people doing these days.

Nice tips, by the way.

A little basic, but nice for people that wants to avoid making mistakes when it comes to Search Engine Optimization.

Frost1, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  9. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone can get an article from the internet and post it here... I found exactly what you stated above on 17 different websites/article directories...

Thanks though for bringing it to the DP Community...

I was also checking out the link in your signature and noticed that on the website you have a HUGE misspelling of a word that you might want to change.

IN the BIG, Bold, and Colorful letters at the top of your site, you use the word "Rabid" - I'm sure you meant "Rapid".

GuruCreation, Sep 20, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  10. Migueliscool

Migueliscool Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right all those tips are required to be successful but those alone won't make you successful. But you need those in order to build links.

Migueliscool, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  11. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for showing your copy/paste skills :)

Indian, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Failure to exploit every weapon in your arsenal.

contentboss, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  13. MrLangdon

MrLangdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! this is really good... even for guys with decent SEO experience, you'll find that you've been guilty of at least one of these at some point.

MrLangdon, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  14. lilypage

lilypage Peon

Best Answers:
    "lack of patience" very wrong.. all experts i know has unbelievably long patience

lilypage, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  15. girjeshSEO

girjeshSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    hi

thanks for SEO mistakes information

girjeshSEO, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  16. merockysingh

merockysingh Peon

Best Answers:
    Never participate in any forums which are not related to niche of your website. Participate only on related forums to get more value for your website.

merockysingh, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  17. rwsseo

rwsseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's common mistake about immediate results. Don't use blackhat tactics for immediate ranking.

rwsseo, Sep 21, 2010 IP