1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for members working full time Online.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by getjimmy, Aug 27, 2010.

What do you reply to people when they ask you about your work? Some people are asking me questions like.. "Why you do not go to office", "What you do online" ....

In most cases i reply with "I sell drugs on ebay".

getjimmy, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Its really tough to tell someone who doesn't knows anything about it. They just say tell me...

And when you tell they don't understand anything.. just waste your time. :| I simply say I create websites to the ones who don't understand anything.. Atleast most of the people know what a website is. :p
    Webmaster is way too tough for them.

Digital_shubhi, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  3. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am thinking about quiting my day job and work online full time and make more money but explaining what I do online is the difficult part. My parents think that only a 9 to 5 job in a good organization is something which will get me a good beautiful wife.:rolleyes:
    My parents are convinced that I am doing something really bad online that is how I get paid. Even though I earn more online than my day job.

I am sure then they ask you which websites have you made so far.
    Same happens to me. After I tell somebody about my online income they start asking me how do you do it plz plz plz tell us too.

newbie191, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  4. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I simple say, pick up cash in Internet.

nick2007, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  5. Hoola

Hoola Peon

Best Answers:
    I simply say that's the best job I've ever had.

Hoola, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  6. yogesh22

yogesh22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tell them that i do internet marketing and to some link building.

yogesh22, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  7. ace9

ace9 Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't give any answer to the people who does know anything about it.....beecoz they wont understand what Iam saying....and no need to say to the people who knows about it

ace9, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  8. fancymouj

fancymouj Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's really tough condition for us when some people ask about our profession b'cz they don't know anything about internet and we can't teach them about our work ..

I usually say to those people that i m managing my few web sites on net and i m earning from my own sites that's all.

Especially for indian - I said fews things about internet to my close friends that i m earning in $$$$ .. they were not believed on me .. and they gave me superb respect after i show them my paypal ..lol ..

As we know that lot of indian travel from india to usa or canada , london for earning dollar and pound but we are earning from our home or office in dollar / euro, pound .

one time i said to a person that i m working online ,, i got his reply ..
    he said Are you investing in stock market .. lol

Yeah really difficult to say about our profession when someone ask (Especially for those whose profession is not related to computers )...:p

fancymouj, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  9. javeedakhtar

javeedakhtar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I Used to say am an Internt Engineer :)
    lol

javeedakhtar, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    getjimmy likes this.
  10. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think most of our parents thinks same way, it took me around 1 year to convince my parents that i want to work online full time. Check this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1296287

I love my life now.

getjimmy, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  11. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like to speak about my work because in the majority of situations people don't understand me. I just say that I'm a copywriter. Without telling that I work from home online.

Warner, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  12. Shirley1874

Shirley1874 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, a lot of people ask me the same question, and I said I do E-commerce, then they ask me what is it, and then I will say that e-commerce is to run business via the Internet, then they become understand my job.

Shirley1874, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  13. StoneWilson

StoneWilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol~ most of the time i ignore this question, just like many of you guys said, it's hard to explain what you are doing to a man who know nothing about the career. But sometimes my families ask me the same question, so i told them i'm picking up rich chicks. Lol~

StoneWilson, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  14. OriPlatform

OriPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    i will not say anything. . .
    i only will answer if they ask "where do you get so much money but i don't see you go out to the office ?"

i will answer "from the internet"
    LOL

OriPlatform, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  15. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on nature of your work, if you are satisfy with your online earning then y should you goto office

asghar.paracha, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  16. webcycloneindia

webcycloneindia Active Member

Best Answers:
    webcycloneindia, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  17. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get this a lot. When I bought my first car at 18 (and was about to buy a house too before I was told that I can't get a home loan before I turn 21) all my friends wanted to know what I do online so they could do the same thing, I just told them that I do consultancy in Online marketing helping people make sites, promote them, design campaigns etc. They all though this was beyond them and didn't bother me again. I'm still a student so I don't get the "Why you do not go to office?" question yet. But I know once I'm done with my studies in a couple of years I'll get that VERY often and everyone would assume that I'm doing something illegal when they see my lifestyle, you know "uske pass kala paise hai" LOL. Thats why I'm planning to launch a company with a couple of friends I met on DP next year. We'd setup a office and are designations would look good on our visiting cards ;)

And then when anyone asks stupid questions we can just show them our card and say we have X business even if we go to office only once a week ;)

Helvetii, Oct 12, 2010 IP