1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transition Away From iTrader...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Sep 17, 2010.

1. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    He already Did State That!

Current Itrader score will Remain As a Score As is, But The new system will Be On Power! And LAter on, Itrader will be completely Removed!

Read this http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1942652&p=14976992#post14976992 !!

~ExP~

extremephp, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    merlinseo likes this.
  2. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I do have a paypal and like wise most have it
    But sometimes buyers insist on Moneybookers or other Payment processors , then we loose it

In any case it has pros and cons
    Pros
    a. it works gr8 for content as mentioned
    b. down the line using this system will be a transparent real ratings

Cons
    a. Only limited to paypal , other payment processors might loose it
    b. Not always Instant pay price will be fixed , so works only for some sections like content as mentioned by others

merlinseo, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    extremephp likes this.
  3. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my honest views.

When a new thing is implemented the first reaction is what the shortcomings of the previous system will it overcome.It will of course help the fake ratings
    but guys look at what disadvantages it will have

1)People have many times problem with paypal and they use moneybookers.It can happen due to paypal limited,the country doesn't allow sometimes or something else but you get to hear a lot of paypal issues.Even my own paypal account is limited at the moment

2)In the WTB threads it will be not possible to give ratings and in dp where noobs are flooded many don't have paypal account.

3)Lastly, i don't wan't to give an idea to the scammers but this is equal chance of fake ratings as one may make the transaction to the seller and the seller may return the money back to the buyer if the prime motive of both are to exchange ratings.

Also i have some questions.
    1)Will our previous itraders be removed.
    2)Will the negative itraders be removed also with them.
    3)How will someone be able to give negative itrader in this newly implemented system.

I would also reccomend shawn to not remove the existing itraders till the new system is estabilished for some time and most of the poeple have some ratings from this method.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    laxman363, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why worrying about itrader or ratings?

Better just do business with any payment processor and get ratings only when its with PayPal.
    After all ratings are not everything. :)

Digital_shubhi, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  5. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to come up with some sort of way to incorporate all the current iTraders we have into the new system.

For example:

If your new system gets implemented eventually, it only seems fair that the number of positive/negative trades that we have remain in the new system.

It's harder for you, but it makes more sense IMO.

I don't want to loose all the positive ratings, because that would be a year of building up trust & reputation, then all of a sudden loosing it.

bk871, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The point of the new system is to eliminate fake iTraders or iTraders people got without money changing hands... so how exactly do you suggest we go back and validate which iTraders were valid and which were not?

digitalpoint, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  7. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    An appropriate way would be to let the itrader carry on except that new itraders can't be given. The old ones should remain the way they are now (with details, not just the score) since all of us put in years to earn them.

Can you imagine ebay saying that "Hey, we have a new rating system and the old ratings are gonna go"?

Helvetii, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  8. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you going to charge commissions on transactions made through DP Instant Payment, sooner or later?

Abhik, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  9. hanidesigns

hanidesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes thats the best way i will suggest too....Coz we all earned some good itrader rating with years of effort and doing sincere business here.So removing the itrader system fully will be a sad thing.I wish if u could keep the old itrader rating as it is and lets have the future business deals rated using the new system.Thanks...

hanidesigns, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  10. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    That makes sense to me... I second what Helvetii say... maybe we should think of something else instead of eliminating the iTrader system totally

Zerosleep, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would be foolish to promise you are or or not going to do something with no time cap on it. 20 years from now, who knows what we will be doing... I'm sure the site will be quite a bit different and I have no idea what it will/will not be doing.

If you want to rephrase your question to "Do you plan on charging commissions?", then the answer would be... No, there are no current plans, thoughts or intent to do so. But again... who knows... 5, 10, 25 years from now things might be different.

I'm open to it if someone thinks of a way to 100% validate existing iTraders as being valid/not valid.

12. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just got this PM 10 minutes back:

Just shows how important itrader is.. :)

There's no need to validate all of them. Just let them be with a disclaimer or something. They HAVE been here for years anyways so its only fit that all positives and negatives should stay here.

If you remove itraders what about scammers? You know the people already with 5-10 negatives.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    Helvetii, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  13. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just like ebay's feedback system.

After 6 months, limited details are shown.

After earning the iTraders and building them up, I don't see it fair to all of a sudden get rid of them.

Look at Don for example.

I don't think he'd be too happy to have to start at 0 again.

bk871, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  14. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    Again I agree with Helvetii ... A Disclaimer on the iTrader page would be helpful... I dont think anyone can have 100s of Fake iTraders on DP ... there is actually no need to validate all of them.

Zerosleep, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  15. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do agree with rest , removing old itraders will be a big blow to hard work done

@Shawn, we have been living till now without 100% validation & one more thing as you said years down the line things will change, below is perspective
    1.You can stop and disable itraders so no one can give it further to anyone and start the new system of ratings via INSTANT PAY
    2.Let the old itrader remains
    3.Now say after 5yrs there will be tons of ratings via your new system as people will start earning them via INSTANT PAY

After 2yrs or 3yrs when people accumulate new ratings via new system "INSTANT PAY" then this itraders will be of no value and you can remove them

But at the moment everyone is having same feeling that years of work done will be lost and the ratings will start from ZERO. But trust me if you keep old itraders for 2yrs and just disable them and keep it read only and at same implement new syste. Later on when people have gained new ratings via new system then after 2yrs the feelings would be different.

I hope you will take care of feelings of people who have spent years here , well for me it just 2yrs but it took efforts to get 100 itraders it took 2yrs

merlinseo, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As I said previously, there most likely will be a time where iTraders remain, but you can't get any new ones.

17. GURU4SEO

GURU4SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it will a good systems
    keep scammer away from DP who exchange iTrader
    waiting for this systems ....... :)

GURU4SEO, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  18. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but it'd be preferable if you didn't completely get rid of the iTrader scores after a few months as you previously said.

For example...

It would be neat if you could permanently merge the two numbers.

Such as...

Do you get what I mean?

bk871, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you want potentially fake data to be merged in with non-fake data? Lol why even have a new system that can't be cheated then?

digitalpoint, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  20. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    But all the iTraders aren't fake.
    Merging IMO is not a good idea. Like Helvetii said, you can keep them in a separate tab in profile page along with a disclaimer.

Abhik, Sep 19, 2010 IP