1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is email marketing really any good?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IoWn3rU, Aug 23, 2010.

1. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    Now I just need an Aweber account, hahhaa. Seems email is still awesome for money.

IoWn3rU, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  2. Andrew-tbkCreative

Andrew-tbkCreative Peon

Best Answers:
    What type of business you in? Most businesses can win with e-mail marketing. But there is a big difference in different ways to do it.

Andrew-tbkCreative, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  3. Andrew-tbkCreative

Andrew-tbkCreative Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Seqqa, interesting strategy above. Tell me: what would be the main reason to limiting the sales to 1,000? Aren't you capturing their e-mails anyways upon purchase?

And why do you find it more useful to capture opt-ins as opposed to selling more products?

Andrew-tbkCreative, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  4. drkwrld

drkwrld Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can build a list by offering a free newsletter in your website where people can sign up to receive special offers or whatever your offering them. This is one of the most common ways.

drkwrld, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't limit youself that's the whole point just work out how you can keep building targeted traffic, building a bigger and more responsive list. Google can't take a list away from you but they can take away your PR and organic traffic.

Seqqa, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  6. Dreamconcepts

Dreamconcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    I love email marketing. This is how I make most of my money.

Dreamconcepts, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  7. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to build a 'buying list' is a list that's only on your list because they want to buy a product or similer products in the future. I do build 'freebie lists' but you'll find it hard to ever convert them higher that 2-3% on a good list. I'd rarther put 3 people in a buying mode on a list than 100 people who just wanna suck freebies off me.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    Seqqa, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  8. LisaPf

LisaPf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is extremely powerful but of course it all depends how you market. The medium itself is less important. There are a number of important points made in this discussion and list building of course is key. My favorite method of list building is doing so through Joint Ventures. If you're just starting out and you don't think anyone will JV with you, get creative. Look for B or C players who are in your sweet spot and offer them a crazy cut of your revenues if they mail for you. If you want to stay in the game long-term this can be a powerful list building strategy.

LisaPf, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A JV can be anyone from someone you know personally or an affiliate. For instance say you own a clickbank product and you're capturing the traffic coming though with list building. I've seen some peoples clickbank website just one big squeeze page and they buy the product off the thank you page.

Seqqa, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  10. meri0098

meri0098 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email Marketing is very effective I have seen very good results so far, it depends on your type of business, I am working in an IT Outsourcing Company and for this business I have seen very good results. :cool:

meri0098, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  11. foxyloxy

foxyloxy Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what niche/business you are in - I find it works great for some markets and not so well for others. Generally, when your subscribers are information hungry (think exercise, diet, emotional problems) then they respond well although it may take up to 7, 8 or even 10 emails before they bite. You will always get the freebie seekers but if you tailor your message and ALWAYS include a call to action you will get great results.

foxyloxy, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  12. arifsha

arifsha Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Email Marketing is Very Very Profitable If You Do It Correct Ways There Are Many Things To Learn About Email Marketing. If You Will Do Correct Email Marketing You Will Earn Thousands Of Dollars...

arifsha, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  13. seongpinas316

seongpinas316 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need money, time, effort and patience to be successful in this kind of marketing strategy. But it is really proven to be effective, just don't mess up.

seongpinas316, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  14. WCITM Dave

WCITM Dave Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing can be one of your most effective tools, but it is completely based on your quality of your mailing list, their trust bond with you and your ability to add value. If these criteria are met, then email marketing can literally be a little goldmine.

WCITM Dave, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  15. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think alittle goldmine is a major understatment lol I've seen people do $200k in 24 hours with mailing lists.

Seqqa, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  16. WCITM Dave

WCITM Dave Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree on that, the potential is limitless when you have a focused and qualified list.

17. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Top quality internet marketers like Eben Pagan have like 1 million people on a mailing list. For a guy that's sold over $100 million in digital products he must be doing something right.

Seqqa, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  18. east

east Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree guys!The most important is not the list but the wish ;) Would you like to make more cash ? Than act, ;) Reading a tons of strategies will not help you if you don't take action ;)

east, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  19. WCITM Dave

WCITM Dave Peon

Best Answers:
    Taking action is probably the most important part of any venture should you be wanting to make money, but then again it is not a case of simply taking action, but rather knowing how to take the Right Actions!

20. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed it's just focus, starting a few blogs in your niche is a good idea and keep working on them daily try and get a post out everyday on each blog, then link build the rest of the time. If you stick to that then in 2015 when these blogs start really maturing you should be getting some monster traffic and building some killer lists. Getting rich fast dosn't exist, getting rich slowly does!

Seqqa, Sep 17, 2010 IP