1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$200 Design Competition – One Simple Page (Guaranteed Payment)

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by staffjam, Sep 10, 2010.

1. staffjam

staffjam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for all of your entries – here’s some more feedback.

GENERAL FEEDBACK:
    There is one general comment I have and that is that the images need to be better – much better for the top section which I feel should copy Business.com – if you win the design and have to pay for an image – I will re-imburse you the cost – but they have to be better.
    Please remember that this is a business directory across multiple energy and finance sectors and the picture needs to reflect this.

Please can everyone remember – this is NOT Oilprice.com – but the OilPrice.com Business directory – only one person really has it right so far.

Please can everyone re-read the spec and look at the sample site links I put down – these are tight and sharp designs and ANYONE who gets it right will Walk away with the prize. The designs are good – but none are sharp enough yet.

iUnlockZone – Good job with the logo on the left hand side – this is the sort of thing I’m after. Sadly the rest of the design really isn’t what I’m after.

Bhoduarts – Hello again – Thanks for the entry – it’s a pretty good start – but there are a number of areas that need work. It needs to be a bit wider and the picture at the top of the oil well doesn’t work – this is a business directory across multiple energy and finance sectors and the picture needs to reflect this.
    The top logo – please change as this is just a part of oilprice and it should be the OilPrice.com Business Directory.
    The left hand side can stand out a bit more – this is going to need to appeal to corporates – so it must stand out from the standard directories – please see the samples above. The middle could also do with a little bit of work and the right hand side needs something appealing above the current ad you have in there that explains why companies should list with us.
    I know there’s a lot here – but you have a chance with this design – it just needs work.

Vinpkl – Thanks for the entry – I like what you have done with the logo on the left – just the sort of thing I am looking for.
    It’s all actually pretty tight and you could be edging into the lead with this design – but there are a few areas of improvement.
    The central part with the 6 different areas we cover needs a bit of work – I’m not very keen on the boxes you currently have. The right hand side is good and again is the sort of thing I’m after – but it just doesn’t feel right – it needs tightening up.
    I like what you did with the Listed companies – that’s tight and actually something I hadn’t thought of – but it could be tidied up a bit.
    Still for the first entry it’s pretty good.

Suke – Thanks for the entry. I do quite like what you have done with the categories menu on the right hand side and what you have done on the right hand side with Why list with us is clever – but I’m afraid it’s just too raw in it’s current form.

Bizzard – Thanks for your revised entry. I quite like how you have the companies and sections listed in the middle, it’s neat and professional looking – but I’m afraid the rest of the design isn’t working for me.

Looking forward to seeing more entries.

staffjam, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  2. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  3. bizzard

bizzard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  4. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thankyou for feedback, i will revise it later today :)

suke, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  5. zeba5

zeba5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please wait for my entry , i'll try to submit today . Do you have a directory site now ? I can't find it.

Regards,
    Sebastián.

zeba5, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  6. vinpkl

vinpkl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    vinpkl, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  7. orionoreo

orionoreo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    is this one still rolling?

orionoreo, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  8. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  9. bizzard

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  10. zeba5

zeba5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's my design:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've decided to create a professional , sophisticated and sober design , since it's going to attract serious business people and investors. I honesty think that the sites you gave us as example are not good at all (except business.com). They look cluttered, old, boring and they not reflect or inspire any trust with the site.
    That's why i made a pretty simple and friendly layout , which it's very easy to navigate. It doesnt look cluttered because i decided to divide sections using different colors and not by making a lot of boxes. It has a nice, shocking header which will defenetly caugh the attention to the visitors (i'll provide all the 5 images and states for the slideshow). I used a font which is very similar to your logo, adding more identity and distinction in the design.
    Regarding the right column, i decided to remove the sponsors section in there and put only two interesting links, adding a little more life with the business man inviting the visitors to learn more about your company. Above there's a sober twitter icon, i tought that the twitter's bird would not fit to your audience.
    Then, in the footer, with plenty of space i added the sponsors section. I think this helps to make the content area lighter and not so loaded with information or having a lot of logo images that distracts the visitors view.

Feedback will be always appreciated, so please let me know if you want me to change anything in this design.

Regards,
    Sebastián.

zeba5, Sep 16, 2010 IP
    bhoduarts likes this.
  11. iUnlockZone

iUnlockZone Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, I'd say go for Sebastian's design. It's quite professional and modern at the same time. The examples you gave us were quite 19th centuryish except for business.com which is slightly better. Awesome job, Zeba ;). Just saw your DeviantArt Profile, seems you've got the creative edge that I don't :D.

Cheers,
    Akhil

iUnlockZone, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  12. CandeGM

CandeGM Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats zeba, i really liked your design!

CandeGM, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  13. staffjam

staffjam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi All – sorry for the delay in giving feedback – I’ve been stuck in a no internet zone.
    Because of this I’m extending the contest until Saturday as there are some great designs and a few amendments to be made.

COMPETITION EXTENDED UNTIL SATURDAY

Okay now for some feedback:

Yugo – This is quite a nice design – I like the menu you have on the left hand side – but I’m not really keen on the picture at all. The space where the picture is – needs to have words in it as it’s a major selling space – so if you could get something suitable in here with some text that could work well.
    Also I think the central part needs some work – the sections need to be divided up more.
    OilPrice.com Energy & Resources Business Directory. – Please have this as the logo on the left hand side.
    Still I think it’s a nice fresh design and if you can make the above changes it’s in with a good shot.

Bizzard – Thanks for the new design – sadly it’s not going in the direction I’m after.

Vinpkl – This is definitely getting there – the only problem with the whole design is that it just feels a bit disjointed.
    I think the left hand menu needs some work – it needs to be made a little more fancy.
    The same with the picture – it needs to be more suitable and have writing over the top.
    What you have done with the pictures in the categories is clever – but having them in separate boxes seems to break the page up a little too much.
    The right hand side is pretty good.
    If you can make the changes – I think you also are in with a good change.
    OilPrice.com Energy & Resources Business Directory. – Please have this as the logo on the left hand side.

Yugo – Entry 2 – Similar feedback to the above – but I’m not very keen on the listings underneath the central section.

Bizzard – Entry 2 – This is much nicer – I really like how you have separated the categories in the center and also how the left hand menu looks.
    There’s something not working with the top part though. If you can do something with this I think this design could be very nice.

Zeba5 – Thanks for the entry. It’s nice. I like what you have done with the top part of the site. But can you please make the logo on the left hand side the following:
    OilPrice.com Energy & Resources Business Directory.
    Also as much as I like the picture I will need to get more words in there – it also may be a little bit too large.
    The navigation bar is also pretty good.
    The left hand side is nice – but I feel could do with a bit more work and the same goes with the central part.
    One bit I really don’t like is the right hand side – it just seems like it’s part of the centre – there is no division. Also I’m not keen on the why list with us guy – I want to put text in a box here.
    Hopefully you will be able to make changes.

Looking forward to seeing revisions and new entries – REMEMBER – the competition is now extended until Saturday.

staffjam, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  14. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is my revision,
    any suggestion would be appreciated :)

[​IMG]

suke, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  15. staffjam

staffjam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Suke - thanks for the revision - is it possible to see the parts in red in other colours - the red is quite harsh, maybe blue, maybe something else?

staffjam, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  16. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yugo, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  17. bhoduarts

bhoduarts Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    bhoduarts, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  18. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sure, i will change it :) thanks for the feedback.

suke, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  19. vinpkl

vinpkl Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    vinpkl, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  20. bizzard