1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best dating site software

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by tosridhar, Sep 14, 2010.

I have read reviews for all the dating site softwares out there, some of these discussions are quite old. So once and for all - I want to the know the best dating site software out there (pros and cons).

It would be good if you have some working sites to support your thesis. I am looking for good after sales support, good selection of templates and script with no bugs.

For those who have used osDate, what do you think of it compared to others.

Thanks!

tosridhar, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  2. INTEMPO

INTEMPO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used osDate, aeDating and now I'm using Boonex Dolphin. Can't say anything good about these solutions. All these products are buggy a little and can't be used to create a popular social network like FaceBook (they just too slow for it). But Boonex Dolphin has rich functionality and allows to create dating networks. Also there is market with a lot of 3rd party modules (paid and free) which allow you to get the functionality you want. Dolphin has a very powerful administration panel, which gives you full control on your site content, functionality and layout.

INTEMPO, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  3. osmasters

osmasters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think skadate is best option for dating software.

osmasters, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  4. horse

horse Guest

Best Answers:
    Im not sure there is anything good off the shelf for dating.

horse, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  5. bigdealio

bigdealio Active Member

Best Answers:
    whitelabeldating.com and worlddatingpartners.com are the best. they take care of everything including billing, etc.

bigdealio, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  6. Javed iqbal

Javed iqbal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    need osdate developer

Javed iqbal, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  7. irishcoder

irishcoder Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend Chameleon http://chameleon.startsocialnetwork.com
    As far as I know their script is the richest one out there in terms of features.
    Also emeeting is a decent software.
    For comparing different scripts' features you can use http://www.datingsoftwarereviewer.com

irishcoder, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  8. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL
    DatingSoftwareReviewer.com is a FAKE review website.
    I already proved and advocated that a year ago. :D

DatingSoftwareReviewer.com is owned by ABK-Soft, Russian scammers.
    Check Google and you'll find out.

ilook, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  9. irishcoder

irishcoder Member

Best Answers:
    oh.. what is your experience with them? which software did you own? no problems so far for me...

irishcoder, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  10. delpi

delpi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommand osDate....

delpi, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  11. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    You've really nailed it here - totally true....I've been researching for a long time. Until someone finally creates a plugin for Wordpress or something, there's nothing but crap out there in the realm of dating software. Everything out there right now is filled with issues.

Pixelrage, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  12. ovidiu77

ovidiu77 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are on a budget, osDate is very good to start with. My opinion, for best performances, is to buy a custom made solution. This way, you can ask for specific requirements and stand out with an unique product.

ovidiu77, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  13. fmandl

fmandl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry folks but datingsoftware.biz runs the show. I've built many platforms on this script both for myself and clients for the past 5 years and never had 1 single issue. Dylan is the owner and i must give him kudos but he's both a great guy and offers awesome support!

fmandl, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  14. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have experience with all the free ones out there.
    Most I installed and uninstalled within an hour of trying them.

Some things you need to take into consideration...

1. You will need a programmer at some point.
    2. Think of your business needs ahead of time.
    3. PayPal will not accept payments from dating sites with any adult content. They are extremely backward. You'll need to use something like CCBill, and most dating software does not have this facility built in. None of the free ones I have found do.

Now that's out of the way...
    You don't need to pay for software.
    Install WordPress and install two plugins; BuddyPress and s2member.
    s2member allows you to set user access levels and it has all the PayPal options in the system already. You just need to line it up with your PP account info and you have automated membership system installed. Remember that this is not acceptable for dating sites with adult content. I don't yet know if it'll work with another billing system but I'm working on finding out.
    It is also fully customizable and user-friendly, it took me a single day to create a fully custom dating site from buying the domain to being ready for members to arrive (apart from billing - because it's adult and PayPal are prudes).

Elgg is touted a LOT as being the best. Let me say now that it most certainly is not.
    I have a hand in a site using Elgg and I am about to take it on from the owner as he's had enough of it. It's costing him a bomb in hosting (possibly because of the elgg installation) due to "excessive usage" of CPU and now SQL. The webmaster has had no end of problems with it. Because all the plugins are created by the community, they are all in various states of disarray and cause plenty of problems when you try to get them to work together. There are no functions for monetizing, which seems ridiculous for a social networking system. It should be one of the first things considered!
    It's great for a "hobby" site, one where you don't mind if you loose everything overnight or just want something to pass the time if you're learning, but not for a production site and certainly not for a business endeavor.

Conran, Nov 2, 2010 IP