1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ratio of Dofollow / Nofollow links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by M&A_Advisory, Sep 13, 2010.

Guys, the results of debates on benefits of nofollow links, and especially an optimal Dofollow / Nofollow links ratio is not clear to me.
    Could you please share your thoughts on it?

M&A_Advisory, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  2. M&A_Advisory

M&A_Advisory Guest

Best Answers:
    can anybody share some insights on this one?

M&A_Advisory, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  3. anna30

anna30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no ratio defined for dofollow and nofollow links. The only thing is that if you get link on dofollow blog then you will benefited by link juice and if you get link on nofollow blog then you are not going to get link juice.

anna30, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  4. M&A_Advisory

M&A_Advisory Guest

Best Answers:
    From many online arguments I've heard between different SEO "experts", nofollow links still pass / leak a bit of a link juice... And I also heard debates on ratio, but haven't seen numbers anywhere...

M&A_Advisory, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  5. David.Bee

David.Bee Peon

Best Answers:
    The main thing is that a site that have tons of do-follow links but no no-follow will not look natural in Google's eyes. It's important to have no-follow links in your profile to keep it natural. Also, many no-follow links will still help you by attracting good traffic.

David.Bee, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  6. Philoon

Philoon Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about ratios. Don't worry about dofollow and no follow. Just build links. If you try to make it perfect then you're probably going to end up throwing up a red flag for something or another. When links are built naturally (other people linking to you) then you have no control over dofollow and nofollow so Google doesn't want a 50:50 or 60:40 ratio or anything like that.

Philoon, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  7. clickbumped

clickbumped Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The ratio is a legend. With that being said I think it's safe to say that you should just post links on sites anywhere, instead of hitting the dofollow check button. It there is a ratio that Google is looking for, you're bound to fall into the good list if you just post on every site you can come across, do or nofollow.

clickbumped, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  8. lledslinger

lledslinger Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with Philoon ( Don't worry about ratios ) keep it natural or the Google slap will be in your near future.

lledslinger, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. freewebworld

freewebworld Peon

Best Answers:
    get as many liinks as possible
    dont depend on seo
    extra links = extra traffic

freewebworld, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  10. M&A_Advisory

M&A_Advisory Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, but if it happens that let's say you have 5,000 links, and only 5 or so dofollow. Wouldn't it effect your reputation in Google eyes?

M&A_Advisory, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  11. Philoon

Philoon Peon

Best Answers:
    If only 1/1000 of your links are dofollow then you're failing hardcore. Google doesn't care if you have a bunch of nofollow links since they pass almost no PR. But if you have 5 nofollow links out of 5000 then Google is going to know you've been targeting dofollow links to increase your PR. Just go build links. You're bound to run into a good number of dofollow websites and if you get worried about it then do a quick Google search for "dofollow [forums/blogs/social bookmarking sites/etc]" and you'll get a ton of lists of places to get dofollow links from. There's no sense in worrying about targeting specifically dofollow or nofollow links. Just start building links. You're over-thinking this.

Philoon, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  12. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, one needs to just concentrate on link building, dont worry about dofollow or nofollow, so this will ultimately fix up a ratio automatically for you and let google see that as natural as it can be, that is the best for your website/business.

Does PR drives a website or SERPs, sorry you are wrong there, those who want PR can target these kind of promotion differentiating between dofollow and nofollow, but those who wants rankings in SERPs they need to target only backlinks, because backlink is counted by google whether it is a dofollow or nofollow. Neither do PR a major ranking factor when it comes to SERPs, i have personal sites which are PR0 ranking on 1st spot while the second spot is a website with PR5, so that is not a major factor.

COBSolutions, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  13. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dont too concern on the ratio, make it natural, mean try to get as many quality backlink as you can, no matter they are dofollow or nofollow

lifeplayer, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  14. Philoon

Philoon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry but your post makes absolutely no sense. You're telling me that I'm wrong yet you're unable to clearly explain yourself. Backlinks are a big factor in PR (although PR is a very minor factor in SERPs). If all you want is high PR, feel free to target nothing but dofollow links. But you're going to get banned from Google and your links won't be weighted as well as a site that is indexed by Google. If you're aiming for SERPs, you need to understand that there are over 400 factors that go into determining SERPs. If all you do is build backlinks, don't expect good SERPs unless you're in a low competition niche.

And you're not alone in having PR0 sites ranking well. I have them too. One of my PR0 websites has the #3 spot for a keyword with 175,000,000 exact results. And I even have the #8 spot for another PR0 website in that exact same keyword. Hell, I made a site a few weeks back and didn't build any backlinks to it (just did my on-page SEO) and got the #8 spot for the targeted keyword within 2 days. So that's a PR n/a website with no backlinks and no age getting good SERPs.

Now I don't know what you're saying I'm wrong about, but you need to clean up your grammar and make a logical statement before you go off discrediting people.

Philoon, Sep 19, 2010 IP