1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is your future safe with clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by digiblogger17, Sep 12, 2010.

Hi,

I opened this thread due to my deep concerns that no matter how much I invest and make with clickbank in the end they can terminate your account in one sec. My adsense account was disabled after 3 years of stable earning and receiving payments from google, and the reason was click fraud! no details no warning just termination! :( I don't know who clicked on my ads and they provided no info!

What if the same thing happen with clickbank? I feel that all my work and investment can disappear in one day! and I make 90% of my money from clickbank! this is so scary to go on with this business

what do you guys think?

digiblogger17, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  2. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    you could say this about any network..

Dan Bainbridge, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  3. Crafty Blogger

Crafty Blogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think diversification of your income streams is always important. However, that said, I believe Clickbank is very different from AdSense when it comes to account bans. With AdSense, there is always the risk that you are defrauding publishers through illegal click activity and similar practices, and they are very quick to ban for this reason. ClickBank works differently, and I think in general you run much less of a risk of being banned.

Crafty Blogger, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  4. digiblogger17

digiblogger17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to know that, indeed diversification is key to this.

digiblogger17, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  5. cyclo394

cyclo394 Peon

Best Answers:
    Life is risk-you recognized the threat, addressed it-problem solved. Turn the fear into a strength that will help you ride the waves of uncertainty that will drown your competition.

cyclo394, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  6. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

^ Agreed, you can say this about most things in life, including executive careers or brick/mortar businesses.

I can only assume you're doing grayhat/blackhat shit because CB needs YOU just as much as you need them, it's a mutually beneficial relationship and compared to any network out there CB is probably one of the most lenient re what they allow so how dirty are you getting w/your campaigns to worry about this? If it's just a general fear for you over all I think you might suffer from anxiety, and shouldn't worry about 'what if' situations you'll go gray in no time.

NCMedia, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  7. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Build a business, treat Cb as a payment processor and you will not have a problem at all. If you are an affiliate then start launching and promoting your own products. So if some day cb ban's you then you just have to change your payment processing links and you are all done.

But after yeas of experiences I have realized one thing about IM, Its Uncertain And Lucrative. ;)

Robert25, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  8. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would rate clickbank as unsafe the reason because - the system which works on cookies cannot be worked in future - as cookies are not safe way to do business - there should be a different technique for tracking the affiliate results...

infogle, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  9. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's what all affiliate networks use to track affiliate sales. That's the way it is.

As long as you comply with Clickbank's TOS you shouldn't have any issues.

Adsense has been long known now for banning even large publisher's but I highly respect their decisions as in most cases the publishers were stepping over the their TOS, and that's not only going to affect the advertisers that are spending quite some budgets but Adwords as a business in general.

Clickbank will ban mostly for blackhat activities and there's been quite a few cases that I am aware of.

As long as you're white/gray hat (ethical in other words) you should do well.

evelinawilliams007, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  10. Maintain

Maintain Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with what Robert25. I always opt for affiliate products when starting a site from clickbank (or similar network). If you ever get banned from Clickbank, launch your own product in your most profitable niche and change payment processors. Use your former affiliate site to sell your own product.

Don't make MFA sites, period, because they do get banned frequently. You are taking someone's money directly (an advertiser) so google naturally is very protective of their business (and should be). Adsense doesn't pay much anyway.

Also, as has been stated, Clickbank is not like adsense. If you want to get banned from Clickbank, you have to do something illegal. Don't break the law and you will be fine!

The easiest way to get in trouble with Clickbank is to trash another product while promoting your own affiliate link... (I.e. P90X SUXX IT DOESNT WORK, INSTEAD BUY TRUTH ABOUT ABS (affiliate link)).

Getting banned from Clickbank is not something I worry about. Don't be a scumball and it won't happen. A more realistic way you can lose out on cash is getting deinxeded by google or getting slapped on your PPC campaign.

Here is your to-do list if you want stability:

- Build your own brand in your favorite niche (start a blog) and spend some time each day either writing for your blog or commenting on other blogs in your niche. The only stable thing you have online is your brand. You can establish a name for yourself, build a list, and sell them products you create. No one can ban you from your own business, so it's the safest thing to do. Don't do this in a niche you hate because if you are forcing the content it's going to show!

- Build an e-mail list (something you own). This is key because you won't have to worry about traffic (you have your own list you can e-mail promotions or redirect to new blog posts) or networks (you can always change payment processors since you are vendoring your own products).

- Launch your own relevant products and sell them to your e-mail list, and since you built a relationship via commenting and guest posting, have other bloggers as your affiliates. You can also sell other blogger's products as an affiliate on your site.

- And the #1 rule of an entrepreneur - never run out of cash! I make sure I have enough in the bank to pay my bills for a year if all hell breaks loose! It might be a pain to save up that much, but it really helps put your mind at ease.

Maintain, Sep 13, 2010 IP
    digiblogger17 likes this.
  11. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You future isn't safe anywhere except in your own hands. Any kind of stability is an illusion.

"Housing will never get cheaper", "Lehman brothers will never fail", "Microsoft never lays off people", "Stocks are a sure investment", "USD/EUR is the surest thing". Sound familiar?

As was pointed out by other people: accumulate your own assets such as cash, mail-list, content, SE rankings, etc. But be wary that any of those can easily evaporate too.

Your most sure asset is your ability to work and figure things out. You've come this far, you should be able to do it again.

karabas, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  12. Morrow66

Morrow66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats right. Every network has some risk I guess. Clickbank has no issues right now tho so I do not forsee any problems right now. But if clickbank ever does go down you will just need to transfer all your work to other networks.

I am in the same boat as you 90% or more of my earnings are with clickbank but I would not worry about it too much if I was you.

Morrow66, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  13. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is probably one of the most lenient networks ever. You have do some really really stupid to get banned.

Ripped, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  14. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and that's when you take Google to court.....& If I got banned with clickbank it would probably be a great day because lately it's been sucking badly!

ExpertForumGuy, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  15. cri8bat

cri8bat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure... but I guess this is why people use email lists

cri8bat, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  16. emmataylors

emmataylors Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is yet the most lenient affiliate networks available. Probably they would only ban you when you are accused of copying some other Clickbank vendor's sales letter. Other than that, you would most likely be on safe grounds.

emmataylors, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  17. elfso

elfso Member

Best Answers:
    adsense sucks but i cant say clickbank is good

elfso, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  18. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    definitely clickbank is safe for future because you can make money well in this network so it's the best network for making more money.

good luck

mt33, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  19. mWebware

mWebware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Click bank is very different from adsense. If they get money from product selling, they haven't any reason to ban you.

If they ban from clickbank you can use a service like cpalead loudmo ect.

mWebware, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  20. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest google sucks they are complete crap and i dont use adsense or adowrds

laxman363, Sep 28, 2010 IP