1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with blogs

Discussion in 'General Business' started by allwayslearning, Sep 24, 2006.

I want to build a blog for several reasons.
    1 RSS feeds are easier using a blog than doing them from my website.
    2 I want to drive traffic to my website.
    3 While I may sell some products, via Adsense, it will primarily be a site that focuses on articles and information.
    4 There will be a link from my website to my blog.

I thought Wordpress would be my best choice, but ran into many problems with them. First, they wanted me to enable cookies, which I did, but I still could not get in. Somehow, I overcame this problem and did build a blog. However, it was banned due to a violation of terms, apparently because I had more than six links back to my website. I tried building a new blog with them and ran into the cookie problem again. At this point I still can not get in, even after enabling cookies again.

Here is what my blog was like. First, html linking was available, but I do not know html, so this was a problem from the beginning. I discovered I could copy and paste any of my website that I wanted and the internal and external links were accessible from my Wordpress blog, so I made a few changes to some of my text and pasted it into my blog. It was then possible to go to my website directly from my blog. Since I wrote the articles myself, I also copied and pasted in the “About the Author” section. All of the anchor text sent people back to articles, sales pages and external links. I used the page set up in such a way that each page in my blog was an article from my website. The anchor text worked to send people back to my website. I only had ten articles, so I would not think that I used up too much storage.

I don't know much about blogging, but would what I did be a violation of terms for most blog sites? If so, then is anchor text of no use on blogs?

Finally, is there a blog that you can recommend where I can do what I described? I am not planning to completely duplicate my website on a blog, but the keywords are set up effectively, so I would like to use these articles and some segments of the home page.

I would like a blog that is search engine friendly, does not require html for links, has easy RSS feed promotion and will allow unlimited links back to my website. I also do not want all this trouble with cookies. Do you have any suggestions?

allwayslearning, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  2. Jerad

Jerad Peon

Best Answers:
    Installing sophisticated blog software in your own server space is the most cost-effective way to get full-throated blogging power over a long period.

Jerad, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  3. admindiary.com

admindiary.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is highly recommended to host your blog in your own server space. Also I recommend wordpress as the blog software.

admindiary.com, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  4. raffy

raffy Peon

Best Answers:
    used software that can drive automatically with web 2.0 sites and generating a traffic to your site

raffy, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  5. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    blogger.com is best. I have very nice experience of it.

pradiprg, Sep 13, 2010 IP