1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Filesonic.com Launch - Announcement & Feedback

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Hish (Filesonic.com), Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stan33

stan33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yo, I'm still here. I'll stay. banjowood is just flying too high when it comes to FileSonic expectations, he should be more down to the ground about it.
    Patience is required. I do understand that some people can't afford patience, so they SHOULD move on to other hosts. If your life depends on this - move on. Be realistic about it, don't whine about it.

Filesonic people! I would like to generate sales for you, but if it's true that people can't download, then I can't help you. Hope that downloads work well. If forums ban your service, that won't help as well, otherwise I'll do what I can.
    I'll wait one more month if necessary, or more, for fixing bugs but we need them fixed eventually. Bad working service over months is very bad reputation for you that will be hard to restore. Especially if things continue like this.

If free users are leeching to much stuff automatically from you daily with JDownloader, put a captcha down. IF there is too much daily RU traffic put limitations for each user daily. Like 10 GB. Even other uploads should be limited IF NECESSARY. If people are copying too much their stuff on your accounts, put GB limits per free user accounts like 500 GB or less. This should be all temporary measures until the site settles down and you are able to re-implement them without having bugs out of them. Affiliates need working upload / download services even if they are just minimal.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    stan33, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  2. technuttie

technuttie Peon

Best Answers:
    You're probably right but they can't keep going with this namesake. It's like poison now. I'm constantly defending and taking up my time for nothing and many downloaders say they now avoid FS links like the plague. Not good. As long as it works great with a new name then nobody would care. But the FS name really should go. The web audience is way too large and people are just too tech savvy these days.

technuttie, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  3. technuttie

technuttie Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense, but banjowood was just expecting a working host by 6 weeks into it. We all were. Is that too much to expect from all the promises made?

4. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know mate - thing is that when a brand name becomes so damaged that it just provokes laughter (or anger) when mentioned, there's not much else you can do but get rid of it. Try googling filesonic - the net is full of complaints and anger towards them (and not much else !). I really can't see filesonic as a 'name' being able to continue and be successful even at this point, nevermind when (if) they get everything working.
    It's worth pointing out that this is not just about not being able to upload / stats not working etc - the thing that will sink them is the fact that they are still selling premium accounts and taking the money, yet they know full well that the service doesn't work and the premium accounts are more or less worthless - when someone complains they just get silence - no reply, no help, nada.
    Now I've been in business in one way or another for nearly 30 years, and over the time I've learned to spot a bad risk - right now filesonic is a very bad risk, so bad that I wouldn't even want my name associating with them, let alone have time and money invested in them. If I where being brutally honest (and if I didn't know they have paid their affiliates, which I know they have) I would be very suspicious of this company's intent.

So ...
    Filesonic - if your listening ...
    1) Stop selling premium accounts now - right now. This might just save your ass in the long run (both commercially and legally).
    2) Take the site's facilities off line 'till you can fix them properly and reliably
    3) Think of a new name - register it - when everything is fixed (for real), re-open under the new name and deny you've ever heard of filesonic :)

Just my opinion ;)

Just A Wag, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  5. PatrynXX

PatrynXX Peon

Best Answers:
    Mad Libs I believe. thanks. :p

PatrynXX, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  6. muammar

muammar Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if somebody was able to upload a damed file today..... I'm trying since this morning but nothing. RU doesnt work, FTP keeps saying that the maximum number of users is logged in.... like 3 hours ago I had the impression it was starting to work but I can't find anything in the files manager. Are they trying to fix it ? Did they announce something or not ????

muammar, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  7. PatrynXX

PatrynXX Peon

Best Answers:
    think I recognize banjo from elsewhere. It's only a month.. I've had a spat with my dad over something he used his dads death on me with and that was Dec 08. still won't say he's sorry for it, but I keep pushing him on it. Very stubborn I am. Taken almost 2 yrs now looking for a job and nothings out there. Just lucky I've got a roof over my head and someone to allow me to pay for FS. So it's been a month. Yes it is a bit annoying having a message come up saying over 400 mb for premium users only . hello I'm on premium and jdownloader has me down as prem. And it's around 9 links going 403 forbidden. Hotfile isn't doing all that great either, but again thats free, FS I'm paying for. So certainly can understand Banjo have a bit of cranky sort of mood. Although I don't think he's got pills to calm him down. I do. X_X course it has to get to cranky mood in order for me to take them early. It doesn't exactly mute being cranky. Just take a look at what Digg did. And the domino's there fell faster than a month.

PatrynXX, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  8. technuttie

technuttie Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like filesonic is based in Hong Kong where megaupload is based. Is this correct? They seem to be registered in Pompano Beach, Florida USA though. Just curious.

9. stan33

stan33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too. I still am. But we can still choose not to go naive upon hearing anybody's promises.

Our job isn't them. Our job is sharing files and get a fair compensation for it. That's it. Our job is only taking a ride ON them. If the ride gets bad, we move away. So our job ALWAYS has an alternative to continue and it shouldn't be regarded differently. I have my limits too. Until then, we should report problems and tell them what we'd prefer to get better. Whining without reporting anything is only non-productive.

I think that false promises shouldn't be blamed, since they shouldn't come to us as a surprise at the first place. If YOU or US made a mistake by switching to their services (or anybody else's), than we shouldn't spend our lives blaming them for it. A bad choice was made, we'll just have to accept it, and continue with our work that doesn't (AND DIDN'T) depend on their services to continue.

stan33, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  10. skyscraper

skyscraper Peon

Best Answers:
    can the filesonic team will tell any date when RU will work completely successfully

skyscraper, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  11. messij

messij Peon

Best Answers:
    I miss the old SharingMatrix template, can we get it back ? pleaaaaaaaaase ;)

messij, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  12. best87

best87 Member

Best Answers:
    remote upload is very low suck :mad:

best87, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  13. OnTheTop

OnTheTop Peon

Best Answers:
    As always RU not work

OnTheTop, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  14. tmdp

tmdp Peon

Best Answers:
    the new ftp system doesn't work.
    i cannot delete the partially uploaded files in the temp ftp folder; "permission error cannot perform operation"
    files in the ftp folder doesn't moved to the main folder as well.

when'll we gonna get the full fledged ftp back like the old one. ie directly show and operate with the main folder?

tmdp, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  15. Nail

Nail Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh come on it's second day already and not even one upload work...(normal upload, remote upload, ftp upload all don't work) :(

Nail, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  16. bingos

bingos Peon

Best Answers:
    everything is working great.
    only referral system seems not work.

bingos, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  17. hello39

hello39 Member

Best Answers:
    ftp work, but fm doesn't..

hello39, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  18. adalla26

adalla26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fsc Supports,any update???

adalla26, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  19. banj0wood

banj0wood Peon

Best Answers:
    True, but it still has been only little better than a month. A well working site could turn such opinion in time. The internet is more fluid and forgiving. But it is also very fickle, you cannot go much further on the road FS is on.

A valid criticism.

Good suggestions.

That wasn't me, dude. I fact, my pop is alive and well. ;-)

banj0wood, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  20. OnTheTop

OnTheTop Peon

Best Answers:
    banj0wood

the same....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    OnTheTop, Sep 12, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.