1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Muslims to Launch a Space Station by 2013.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by clbyodo, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some fire fighting! Was inevitable after posting something as hilarious as this. Canada couldn't do it, what a bunch of bearded nuts can do?

Alevoor, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  2. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you wasting mine and everyone else's time by introducing an Islamophobic video into a discussion that has nothing whatsoever to do with it?

Ibn Juferi, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  3. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    awinsjclarke. This thread is about Muslims and science. The "Islamophobic" video presents unquestionable facts related to Muslim and science. Therefore, I wouldn't say that "it has nothing to do with this thread". If you want, I can elaborate in further detail about how huge the scientific vaccuum in the Muslim world is.
    So come on, stop trying to avoid reality (by shouting like all muslims "ISLAMOPHOBIA!" when they meet criticism and facts about their religion), and try to face it.
    The question was simple, and on topic.
    "So, why is the muslim world such a huge scientific vaccuum, in your opinion?"
    Waiting for your sincere answer, if you have any.

ChaosTrivia, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    My "theory" is that you morons are praying to a non-existent god. :p

You seem to have lost track of the conversation.

When you pray, you face empty space. If you wanted to pray to Mecca, you would have to hang upside down.

And yes, it is proven that the Quran says the Earth is flat. Your ability to deny reality is amazing. I hope you and Awin never have children.

The data makes your point inarguable. The World Intellectual Property office shows 9,591 patents originating in tiny Israel in 2008. Let’s compare that with the top Islamic nations:

* Malaysia: 1,287
    * Saudi Arabia: 288
    * Uzbekistan: 270
    * Morocco: 194
    * Kyrgyzstan: 148
    * Kazakhstan: 77
    * Egypt: 69
    * Iran: 50
    * Tunisia: 26
    * Kuwait: 23
    * Brunei: 22
    * Indonesia: 21
    * Lebanon: 21
    * Pakistan: 19
    * Jordan: 18

Will.Spencer, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  5. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not much of an expert in Arabic, but I do know a little bit of geometry.

Your image is in one-dimensions btw. Doesn't you Koran talk about multiple dimensions for an object?

And, even though the earth is an ellipse, unless your "prayers" were being acted upon by the forces of gravity, they'd end up in empty space.

Let me elucidate:

This picture is a more accurate 3D rendering of the Earth.

[​IMG]

If you draw any point in North America and another point in Mecca, and draw a straight line with no dips, you'd see that the line would land up in space unless acted upon by an external force like gravity.

Moreover, the plane of an ellipse curves gradually, and if you faced any direction a few hundred miles away disregarding gravity, you'd actually be looking at empty space.

Why do you think rocket-propelled missiles need payload so that they can be directed to the right location?

Not quite Menj.

The shape of the Earth is very close to that of an oblate spheroid, a sphere flattened along the axis from pole to pole such that there is a bulge around the equator.

Two things to show you why the earth is not egg-shaped:

1. The earth is almost flat in both poles, while an egg isn't.
    2. The earth is a lot more bulged at the center while the earth isn't.

I have one tip for you: if you want to try and be scientific, be accurate at least.

The Moslem world is so full of dumb people that they'd gladly agree to someone like Menj or Zakir Naik saying absolute nonsense.

They'd cheer them on like cheer-leaders even though they're completely stupid.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    stephenhacking, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, Naik the Snake, the guy who said "Every Muslim should be a terrorist."

Will.Spencer, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  7. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you really think a muslim country is going to be allowed to build a space rocket then you need your head testing, holy cheese I'm still waiting for a muslim country to send a man to Haiti.

Seqqa, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  8. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's nothing more than a racket and in all likelihood the money they collect would be split between some terror organization and the fund raiser

Alevoor, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  9. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    awinsjclarke, still waiting ;) Mohamed will be proud of you if you will not be afraid to face reality and the truth instead of shouting "islamophobia!".
    why, in your opinion, is the muslim world such a huge scientific vaccuum?
    Let me help you answer this: its because of Islam - the most epistemophobic ideaology of the world.

ChaosTrivia, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  10. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    You mean you believe that God doesn't exist. It is unprovable, just as someone cannot prove that a pink elephant does not exist. But who cares what you believe in? I certainly don't.

That is quite silly argument to make. We are not hanging upside-down, and there is something called "gravity". Plus, if you were to walk in a straight line from any part of the world towards the direction of Makkah, eventually you will reach there. If facing Makkah mean that everyone is facing empty space, that would mean every train, ship, car, bus or motorcycle need to hang upside-down as well when facing a certain direction to travel to.

Do you realise how silly your "logic" is?

Your ability to deny the Qur'anic verse which says that the earth was created in an egg-shape (Ar.: dahaha), Qur'an 79:30 is further proof of your ignorance and denial of reality. It would have been a different matter if the discussion had progressed into whether the earth is really egg-shaped or not but no....you simply refuse to listen by denying a valid translation. Who died and made you an expert on the Qur'an anyway?

Ibn Juferi, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  11. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    And it is snakes like you who actually misquoted what Dr. Zakir said. Here is the video of the actual statement in its proper context.

[video=youtube;PmUZTEeOvqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUZTEeOvqo[/video]

12. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    I really do not understand what are you really trying to say here. On one hand, you said that the earth is not egg-shaped (as quoted above). And yet in the very same post, you said the following:

This is an "accurate 3D rendering" of the earth (according to your very own words) and this doesn't look like an egg to you?

[​IMG]
    Ostrich egg

Wow, I am truly amazed that you still want to argue against this, even though the earth was shaped like an egg right in your face. You vindicated the Qur'an in the very same post without even realising this? You are even worse than Spencer. At least we all know that Spencer is living in his bubble world of denying evidence but in your case, you deny the truth even though the very same evidence is accepted by you.

Both of you would make the perfect pair of Dumb and Dumber.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  13. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On topic:
    I don't think we need another space station built by Muslims or Christians or Jews or whatever. There is a suspicion that we have never ever even landed on the moon. Most likely just more conspiracy theory to add to the gadzillion that are already there. Still, I wonder how come we never landed on the moon again. The Moonbase Authorities refused to issue another entry visa because of the mess we left behind the first time?

Off topic:
    1. Advances in science and technology are not measured by number of patents registered.
    2. Whether prayers get anywhere or nowhere is something between the one who prays and God. Nothing to do with anyone else. And all arguments to the contrary does not prove anything one way or another. As a very distant analogy, it is like love. A loves B. C has got no business telling A whether his love for B is one thing or another. That is strictly between A and B.
    3. Is it necessary to start another thread bashing another personal belief like, say, "Pimples are caused by masturbation", to prove that finding fault with others is one of the easiest things to do and, at the same time, one of the least productive?

Hope that is useful.

ThisOldMan, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  14. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, you mean, if someone looks up at the space, his line of sight will eventually be bent back in a curvature by gravitational pull to force reach it to the Kaaba? Okay, could you be kind enough to tell me if I want to look at Betelgeuse (an astronomical body in the space which we call a star), which way I should face?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    Alevoor, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  15. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    "The fools among the people will say: What has turned them (Muslims) from their Qiblah which they had? Say: The East and the West belong only to Allah; He guides whom He likes to the right path." (Qur'an, 2:142)​

16. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's absolutely bang on the spot. But this holds good only if A expresses his love for B straight away without involving D and E in a way so as to ridicule X, Y and Z

Alevoor, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Naik the snake has said this on multiple occasions and in different contexts. Once he "got caught" saying it, he started equivocating.

Awesome -- you are actually being retarded enough to argue that prayers have mass which is subject to the law of gravity!

Will.Spencer, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  18. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    He didn't "equivocate" anything, the YouTube video is pretty clear about it. Quoting Dr. Zakir verbatim: "Every Muslim should be a "terrorist" to each and every anti-social element". Now who in their right mind would want to dispute that? It is only snakes like you who take positive statements like these out of context in order to defame another. Much like what you have done with the Qur'an.

Never said or implied such a thing regarding prayers...you are making up stories again (Qur'an, 2:142 already answered that much about prayers). I only said what I did in the context of Muslims facing the direction of prayer, which you imply to mean that when Muslims do that, they face empty space.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The only question is whether you are lying intentionally or only speaking out of idiocy.

You have shown one instance where Naik the Snake used those words. As I explained, he used those words on many instances. Once he got caught using them, he equivocated -- as shows in the video. This is not so hard to understand. Clue in!

Uhh... are you completely rock stupid? It appears that you do not understand what you are copy/pasting. Only objects with mass follow the laws of gravity. Go back and re-read your own post #30.

Arggg.... this is like trying to talk to a housecat.

Will.Spencer, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  20. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    Your "explanations" mean naught to me. Any proof such as video evidence, written evidence, audio evidence, etc. to the effect apart from your unreliable and untrustworthy "explanation"? Any proof that the video I published was said in the context you want it to mean by Dr. Zakir? This is the internet age...if Dr. Zakir did indeed say what you meant him to say, it would be all over YouTube by now.

[video=youtube;Dh-fs8dEqLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh-fs8dEqLI[/video]

His position on terrorism from an Islamic perspective is very clear. As usual, you are only fond of making "explanations" without proof and want people to blindly believe what you say. Yet when I come forth with video proof, you simply disregard it without even considering the arguments made.

Yes, you live in your bubble world, Mr. Spencer. You should realise by now that Muslims are not as stupid as you think they are.

When did I ever say that prayers are a solid object with mass? You are obfuscating, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
    Ibn Juferi, Sep 13, 2010 IP