1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Instant DOES NOT affect rankings

Discussion in 'Google' started by IoWn3rU, Sep 10, 2010.

IoWn3rU, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  2. sydzapp

sydzapp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes ofcourse it doesn't. Google's instant search has absolutely no affect on the SERPS, this was mentioned by Matt Cutts on the day Google instant was out.

sydzapp, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  3. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    People here are going nuts thinking it is.

IoWn3rU, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  4. used_cisco

used_cisco Peon

Best Answers:
    It has no affects on ranking, but it does have an effect whether a visitor finds your site or not.

used_cisco, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  5. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes it will have an effect in the future, cause it will affect seo in general ! read the latest blog post by Matt Cutts ..

Toon-c, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  6. neemoil

neemoil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey buddies, google has no impact with search engine rankings, but if suppose you are optimizing for a keyword "great flowers in florida" and you are on the first page for that particular keyword. Suppose if the user just typed flowers florida, Google Instant search will automatically take that user to "flowers in florida search results page" , or will give a set of suggestions to the users, it stop users from thinking about their exact keywords. This google instant search idea will definitely boosts up Ad revenue for google. If this feature is going to be successful then SEO 's will have difficult time to optimizing keywords given by the google suggestion tool.

After Instant search google cuts down time and in contrast it also cuts down the thought process of an user " like when a user using this keyword "great, wonderful, attractive before or after the keyword is not possible now". In short Google has cut down long tail keywords which is not a good sign for SEO's around the world. Only top sites will be shown as results not the websites which has less or medium value. And also google markets other competitor products really well. If you type "F" facebook will come if you type M , msn will come most of the people are directed to the search results page in an instant helping google competitors grow faster than before.

Two major disadvantages i found are "
    1. Google server burden is going to be increased due to this instant search
    2. Google is going to popularize big business and competitors quite fast than normal
    3. I would say Google instant search can create great experience for end users who are searching it but i do not think for SEO optimization

neemoil, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  7. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it doesn't. Then what is so thundering news in that?

psharma, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  8. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Infact, you can see improvement in traffic in some cases but i still don't like the concept.

SEOBoss, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  9. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't even know why people thought it would?

You are typing "carpet" since you want to look for carpets, you start typing and you get to "car" you see the results you would have seen if you type 'car', you then carry on typing and get to "carpet" you then see the results for 'carpet'.

Toopac, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  10. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's going to have a big impact on long tail keywords because it now suggest what you are looking for, and that is a much smaller selection of phrases. Say you were ranking for #1 for "carpet costs" and a vistors start to type it in, but when they get to "carpet co" google suggests "cost" and "cost per square foot", not "costs". There are different results for "carpet cost" vs. "carpet costs" so you are going to see a lot more traffic going to "carpet cost" vs. "carpet costs". There is going to be a big shift in focusing on keywords that google suggests. I've saw an immediate increase in traffic for certain keywords, and decrease in others. Overall, it has been positive for me, but that is only because I happened to have more keywords that are google suggestions. As soon as other sites figure this out, there will be more competition for those keywords and my rankings may drop.

Make no mistake about it - Google went to instant search to make more money. It will accomplish this by increasing competition for rankings of a smaller set of keywords. Many sites will need to increase their adwords budget to keep the same amount of traffic, more bidding = higher prices = more money for google.

Since my primary source of income is adsense, this may be a positive i.e. any decrease in traffic will be offset by higher payouts - it's just too early to tell. I suspect a lot of non-adsense supported sites (especially the medium and smaller ones) will abandon SEO and go with paid traffic (adwords) to keep the traffic they need. That's what google is betting on.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    mjewel, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  11. holeyness

holeyness Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it will affect it because the searchers will likely type less, but get the results before they finish typing, so it will affect like Long tail

But I heard that it can also lead to an increase in your website's exposure because of the many pages that shows, so who knows?

But the new results are going to affect the keyword tool, so that can help us marketers as well.

holeyness, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  12. SlingshotSEO

SlingshotSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Instant has no impact on the ranking algo. It actually relates more to the Google Suggest algo. One concerning issues for those of us in SEO is that more of each page that populates is full of ads rather than organic search results above the fold (before you scroll). This is especially apparent when you're using a typical resolution on a widescreen laptop with one or more toolbars in your browser. One and two word phrases will become more important than long tail search keywords.

SlingshotSEO, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  13. nuttakorn

nuttakorn Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not effect to SEO algorithms but it will change search habits and also heatmap of Search result will be changed, people will not scroll the result and they will search and click on the top 4.

nuttakorn, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  14. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    its have very less effect on ranking but one should be now more effort to get rank.

newlogo, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  15. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say it would have an impact on example that neemiol pointed out some like Great flowers in florida. But if a phrase like Great is a major factor in your seo then you have problems. the majority of the traffic would be coming from combinations like Florida flowers, flowers florida, ect. Not sure why everyone is so excited.

mchrest, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  16. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP, you have completely misunderstand Webmaster concerns surrounding Google Instant.

Of course it doesn't actually effect the SE rankings, but with Instant enabled the likelihood of the user entering the full search term diminishes - while if Instant was not turned on, they would always reach the results for the term they originally planned for.

WebDev Solutions, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  17. onetrickaday

onetrickaday Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO 's will have difficult time to optimizing keywords , thats very true .... it will affect some % of traffic . and take them away for longtail keyword based sites ...

onetrickaday, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  18. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you have first / #1 ranking for a keyword it will increase traffic as it redirects to the first result before you even finish typing your phrase, personally i think this is a bad feature and i disabled it straight away.. more annoying than anything

zinghana, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  19. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    Theres no such thing is SERP in Google Instant, only first one count

DoDo Me, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  20. IoWn3rU

IoWn3rU Peon

Best Answers:
    Great insight. This may affect us webmasters in other ways than we thought.

IoWn3rU, Sep 11, 2010 IP