1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have search engine related visits, but they all stay on site for 00.00 ?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by james-covert, Aug 2, 2010.

Hello, i was very pleased that after three months, google analytics has finally started to show some information related to search engine orientated traffic.

Yet everyday, all these people spend 00.00 on my site.

What does this mean, are they even clicking, i don't understand that time frame 00.00

Please Help, i'm down in the dumps here

james-covert, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  2. eon

eon Peon

Best Answers:
    eon, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  3. Sudhaa

Sudhaa Peon

Best Answers:
    That was the avg time taken by visitors in viewing your site. The time spent is very less (0.00).
    It might be due to,
    They didn't find the required information (make some changes in content or target the right keywords) in the page. Find your target audience first and optimize your site.

Sudhaa, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  4. jargodon

jargodon Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can try to logout first from your google analytics account and then, come back in again after a couple hours to see if the stats has changed. I have done this in the past but with other problems.

jargodon, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  5. buyrentselltimeshare.com

buyrentselltimeshare.com Peon

Best Answers:
    When you see 0.00 time spent it means they didn't go to another page( not always a bad thing( i.e. you have a blog or some articles) on your site. My understanding is that they need to go to another page on your site to clock the time spent. You will see a correlation between time spent and bounce rates , if you have google, or that analytics don't despair If you have products or a lead capture then you need more info . if you have info then maybe it's good lol or you need more related info to grab there attention Hope this helps

6. Digital Future

Digital Future Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also worried about this for awhile until I found out how Google calculates time on page. They need to points of data, when you entered page A and when you entered page B. Which would make it seem that the last page that is visited will never be right.

Digital Future, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  7. chenyanroger

chenyanroger Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the avarager time taken by visitors viewing your site.

chenyanroger, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  8. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have 0 time spend on site, it probably means you also have 100% bounce rate.

atxsurf, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  9. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not practicle that if a visitors is coming from different sources and do not seeing your site. Check your google analytics code of site. There is must be a problem in your site GA setup. Try to consider again this thing

madhav, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  10. guruji007

guruji007 Member

Best Answers:
    HI James, Please improve your site structure with internal link. Give some link of your own site pages on your home page. Use user friendly theme for your blog and give internal link in your post. It will help of you to reduce bounce rate and visit times will be increase..

guruji007, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  11. waxler007

waxler007 Member

Best Answers:
    How many visitors have you had so far? Wait to get some bigger numbers, like 500 or so and there is no way 500 people will spend 0 seconds on your website. It must be some kind of a problem in your tracking.

waxler007, Nov 1, 2010 IP