1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Market A Celebrity Gossip Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by thecelebcenter, Sep 7, 2010.

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are anymore ways to promote my celebrity gossip site. The url is http://www.thecelebcenter.com. I have (and am) trying Twitter, Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Yahoo Answers, Ezinearticles, and forum posting. I am averaging about 60 unique visitors a day. The site is a month old. Is this good/bad for a month old site?

All advice is welcome. Thanks!

thecelebcenter, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  2. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Post unique and fresh articles and update website regularly

desperateboy, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  3. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Participate in more forum that has most female members
    Do contest and build backlinks to your site
    Visit other bloggers and keep doing article submission on those book marking sites.
    I think 60 unique visitors in only a month is not bad at all.

Justin_Dupre, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  4. Dillinger

Dillinger Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL @ desperateboy. They guy is asking for help NOT Matt Cutts 101 reply to how to get high PR.

For the website I would be going back to DIGG and Reddit. Put a great title for the article/news item and see what happens. I promoted a site recently with the phrase "Mylie Cyrus stole my virginity" not clever and not original but readers had to click to see what it was about.

I have no ides what titles you were using, but if it was ... "New Celebrity Gossip site" Forget it. Try ... "new celebrity Gossip site has Perez Hilton in it's sights" or ... well, you get the idea.

I am sure that you must have a little insider knowledge or just make something up that is not too illegal. A great phrase and you will see those clicks.

Dillinger, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  5. Dillinger

Dillinger Peon

Best Answers:
    Angelina Jolie was seen out consoling victims of the recent Pakistan flood. Turns into "Angelina Jolie stops Pakistan floods with new headscarf". Just be a bit naughty.

Dillinger, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  6. bekar09

bekar09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In general Celebrity Gossip is a very competitive niche and very hard to get traffic. I think social bookmarking and forum/blog comments might help. With only SEO, I guess there's nothing you can do much with many popular websites around the web.

Thanks.

bekar09, Sep 8, 2010 IP