1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it beneficial to submit a URL into directory now a days!!Pleas comment

Discussion in 'Directories' started by brajeshyadav, Sep 7, 2010.

Hello Friend

I want your comment on is it necessary to submit url into directory websites.....

brajeshyadav, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  2. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably not, I got bored in June and submitted one of my sites into about 400 billion directories (ok, more like 200) and its PR is still firmly stuck at 3. I was hoping it might get to 4, but no ...

But then, Google may not have done any PR updates since then.

RumpledElf, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  3. Jacob88

Jacob88 Guest

Best Answers:
    According to me it really helps and we need to do directory submissions for our site,the results of directory submission are absolutely late but good for our site...

Jacob88, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  4. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It does help a lot if you know what you are doing. Submitting to four hundred billion directories of crap will not help you, but submitting to 20 quality directories can boost your site in many ways.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  5. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Awinsjclarke, Directory submissions are good until you post it to directories that of best qualities.

PromoDirect, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  6. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good for getting some back links I think, atleast from what I had read. ☺

Sapphiro, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  7. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is Shriv ComMedia Solutions your site? The site where you have a directory and offer directory submission?

Are you asking this question to consider changing your product offerings?

YMC, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  8. master-yoda

master-yoda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try and find directories that are relevent to your website.

For example, my website is all about Mount Everest, so I would search for mountaineering/climbing directories.

master-yoda, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  9. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission can definitely be beneficial to your site although if will be much more useful if you also include other link building methods such as social media, forum posts and blogs. See this article for details on making your link building look natural.

P.S. Don't expect directory submission to have immediate effects on your PR.

CanadianEh, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  10. angeldimit

angeldimit Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is beneficial to submit your website in directories in order to get more backlinks and to get indexed faster.
    If you have a small business website, it it advisable that the directories, you submit in, are relevant to it.

angeldimit, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  11. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    I say this all the time but it has been awhile so I'll say it again. When search engines are no longer needed or they no longer rank websites based on links then there will no need for directory submissions. Until then, directories will always be useful, regardless of their page rank or how long they have been around.

banless, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well its certainly not detrimental.

Is submitting solely to a directory going to be the save all end all promotion required to drive your site to the top of the charts? No. Its just one part of a larger and more complex SEO strategy when it comes to a good mix of driving traffic, as well as ranking for keywords.

Mia, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  13. diamondtools

diamondtools Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting to directories is part of the SEO process and pretty much every webmaster does it. Here's some tips to improve the ranking you get from those submissions:

1) Make sure you use your important keywords in the link title (anchor text)

2) Try to find a relevant category to submit your link to with your keywords in their title and URL.

3) Vary up your anchor text, don't make every link have the same keywords.

4) Try to find your best category and search for it on Google. Example: For a tools website search for directories with something similar to: "inurl:tools intitle:tools submit link" try different methods to find more directories.

5) Download some kind of automatic form filler to help you register accounts, submit links, etc. roboform works ok.

Like others said, don't rely just on directory submissions but they are important as well.

diamondtools, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  14. dora_games

dora_games Member

Best Answers:
    Some said the results of directory submission are really late but good for our site.I hope it can benefit for my new site.

dora_games, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  15. troyj

troyj Peon

Best Answers:
    yes but its boring.its you will get tired doing the same thing everyday. But it has a good benefit to your site if your doing it regularly.

troyj, Sep 7, 2010 IP
  16. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    its my site and i am asking this question to improve the SEO work....Its mean if directory submission is beneficial then i will go ahead otherwise not.

brajeshyadav, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  17. Sunny.Saxena

Sunny.Saxena Peon

Best Answers:
    Who else will give you free one way backlinks just by spending a minute or two? In my opinion, it's just like a silent investment. You do it and sit back, just forget about it. In a long run, it does benefit you and your website.

Yes if you are looking for a quick traffic, and a quick search engine rankings, do not waste your time with directory submission.

Sunny.Saxena, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  18. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is still beneficial but its a waste of time. you can just do something else if you just want backlinks.

etc, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  19. princensu1

princensu1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is beneficial if you submit it in the right category of the directory and also if it has a good PR.

Also the category you submit must has to be indexed by google. In that way you will get backlink benefits.

princensu1, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  20. kipson

kipson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @RumpledELf:

According to Google Upto PR4 only check quantity! more than pr4 Quality, reliability and trust is important

kipson, Sep 15, 2010 IP