1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$35 Logo/Favicon Contest - Gift Website

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by 4WardMotion, Sep 1, 2010.

This is a custom logo & favicon design contest, please read the details below. We will not accept any pm's.
    If your artwork is legitimate, then you have no objections to posting it here publicly.

Please read all details below before submitting. Thank you!

LOGO DESIGN DETAILS:
    • The logo/favicon is for the website: http://TheHotGiftsThisYear.com
    • Tagline: Because The Best Gifts Don’t Always Come From A Store!
    • TheHotGiftsThisYear.com is a gift website that shares great gift ideas for many holidays and occasions throughout the year.
    CONTEST DETAILS:
    • Duration 6 days, ends Tuesday, September 7th, 6pm CST.
    • Logo must be a layered AI Vector or Photoshop file.
    • Clean & Simple Logo Design
    • Favicon needs to be tied in with logo and part of the brand of the site.
    • We would like the colors to be navy, burgundy and dark green, but are open to possible other color ideas if they catch our interest.
    • Would like to have the tagline as part of the logo.
    • Every 24hr period, if not sooner, designs will be checked and I'll respond. Responses to your design(s) will be posted here.
    • Payment is $35.00 via PayPal only.
    RULES:
    • Artwork must be "ORIGINAL". You must create the design yourself.
    • No templates/clip art, copyrighted material & NO photo's from iStock thrown together with a piece of text............. We want originality, show us your talent!
    • When submitting your artwork to this contest please protect your design by all means in a way that does not lose the viewing pleasure of your creation, a simple embossed or watermarked "DRAFT" is fine.
    • If chosen as the "WINNER" you agree to give us full rights to your design and you agree that you will not use this design for anything else or your portfolio.
    • The 6 day deadline will be enforced as long as there are at least five entries. One person can submit as many entries as he or she wants.
    • Finally we reserve the right not to choose an outright winner but we are willing to work with the designer we feel comes closest to what we want via revisions to conclude a successful creation.

Below is a concept piece that we put together. Please do not copy this artwork as this is taken from another companies logo. We like the clean look and the design of this piece. Please use it only to inspire you in your design. The colors are also the colors we are interested in using. Remember, we are looking for originality and creativity.

[​IMG]

Good luck! We can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

4WardMotion, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  2. 4WardMotion

4WardMotion Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is there a reason no one is submitting any designs? The last time I had a logo contest I had a bunch by now. I have over 100+ views and not one design submitted. Curious to why that is. If there is a problem with this contest, please let me know. Thanks!

4WardMotion, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  3. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the duration is make designer much time, maybe you can change into 48hours contest :)
    but i will submit mine today ;)

suke, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  4. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is mine :

[​IMG]

suke, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  5. DrAmA9UrL

DrAmA9UrL Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    DrAmA9UrL, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  6. 4WardMotion

4WardMotion Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you Suke and DrAmA9UrL for you entries. As of right now, neither of these are really the look we are after. I have shared the colors that we are after and a concept picture in my original post, but for some reason my concept picture is not showing up. If that is the case for you, I am sorry and I am working on fixing the issue. Both of these look a little too much like clipart and not original and creative. I'm hoping to get some more entries soon as this has been a very poor showing thus far for this contest. Please feel free to enter any other ideas you have. Thanks!

4WardMotion, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  7. DrAmA9UrL

DrAmA9UrL Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another try =)
    [​IMG]

DrAmA9UrL, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  8. anidesign

anidesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My version.
    [​IMG]

anidesign, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  9. 4WardMotion

4WardMotion Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, for some reason this contest got very little response and none of the logos submitted represented the look we were after. Because of this I am closing this contest and starting a new one with a few different guidelines and a 72 hour deadline. Thank you to those who did submit logo ideas, but I am sorry to say none of them met our criteria. If you would like to try again I would invite you to visit our new contest at http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1931992#post14919046.

4WardMotion, Sep 7, 2010 IP