1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone tell me why my PR droped?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by skionxb, Sep 29, 2006.

http://www.infatex.com PR 3 domain registered in 2001

Before i had solid PR 4 ont he main page and 0 pr for subpages, now i have pr 3 on the main page and pr 2 on the sub pages. What is going on? Am i linked to the bad neighborhoods?

I am very happy for all of the people who had PR increasement, but are any of you have the same issue as mine?

skionxb, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  2. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have your backlinks changed?

MrX, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  3. alpna

alpna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google only shows 7 unique BL's for your site, that may be the reason. Try to get more BL and submit to more Directories.

Search for link:www.infatex.com

alpna, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  4. jezza chan

jezza chan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Overtime you may of lost some quality backlinks over the 5 years, i would also recommend building some more quality relevant backlinks.

jezza chan, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  5. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    "Our highly trained search engine optimization technicians can dramatically increase your incoming daily traffic by obtaining top rankings in all the major search engines for your website. "

uhh huh

Blanket, Sep 29, 2006 IP
    hexed likes this.
  6. CCD

CCD Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if it was during the last update, think so, but whenever it was inner pages suddenely got a lot more PR than before, but it was at the cost of homepage PR in a lot of cases e.g. my site has had a PR4 homepage most its life, but at the last update it got nothing, but nearly all my subpages got PR5 from PR0?!

Like alpna said, get some inbound only links to your sites homepage and you should get that PR back.

Another reason it may have fallen is if you added lots of outbound links from your homepage, either to other sites or to other pages. You do have quite a few links off that page... if some of them are new, that could be it?

CCD, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  7. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL!!!!!!!!

hexed, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  8. skionxb

skionxb Peon

Best Answers:
    i was just reading very interesting article about submitting to directories. Some pros are saying its not good to link to artificial directories, that are just came out. They have bad quality. I think i added too many links in the period of 3 months.

link:www.infatex.com Page 1 of 1,658 results (MSN)
    Results 1 - 10 of about 46 linking to www.infatex.com. (0.33 seconds) (GOOGLE)

3 months ago, I only had 250!

I submitted my site to 800 free directories, I think that is the problem. Google doesn't like these directories in my opinion. they are not people friendly. Google is against SEO for sure, everytime it sees artificial link building techniqe, it bans the site for that. I am very upset about this whole PR thing

skionxb, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  9. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also lost PR with one of my sites, after I for the first time worked hard to build links with it. Submitting to tons of directories among other things. A slap in the face for sure.

DLGx, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  10. CCD

CCD Peon

Best Answers:
    If incoming links could hurt a site, there'd be a lot of people getting paid to add competitors sites to any and every directory out there...

It's probably true that if most of your links are from directories, they don't help you much, but I don't believe incoming links can *harm* a site, not one bit.

If you linked back to any of these directories, that would be totally different of course. Who you link to is very significant.

CCD, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  11. nonmedia

nonmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im dealing with the same issue but in my case I think it had to do with the restructuring of my site. I changed the underlying directory software which changed the category urls and knocked out all the internal page pr.

I have increased my traffic 75% though so it isnt all bad.

nonmedia, Sep 29, 2006 IP