1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ePassporte will no longer issue Visa Cards

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by VCCOncp, Sep 2, 2010.

ePassporte has just annouced that they will stop issuing Visa Cards ( Virtual and Electron).
    They also announced that all the ePassporte Visa cards are no longer working.

That's some very very disturbing news!!

VCCOncp, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  2. andresmm91

andresmm91 Peon

Best Answers:
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING YOUR EPASSPORTE ACCOUNT

Dear ePassporte Account Holders,

Please be advised that, at 12:00 PM PDT today, September 2, 2010, we were notified that effective immediately, Visa International has suspended our banking partner's (St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank) ePassporte Visa program. The ePassporte e-Wallet program continues to be up and running, except funds cannot be transferred between your Visa Account and your e-Wallet. At this time ePassporte can no longer issue Visa Cards, and the ability for our Account Holders to make point of sale purchases and withdraw funds from ATMs has also been suspended.

At this time we do not know why this drastic action was taken by Visa. To us, it is unconscionable that such action would be taken without the opportunity for ePassporte to fully understand Visa's reasons and to be able to take all steps necessary to keep our program running the way it has so successfully done for over 7 years. But that is what Visa has done.

As soon as we have more information we will be in contact with you.

In the meantime please be assured that your funds are safe.

We are very sorry for the short notice and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The ePassporte team is working diligently to rectify this situation.

We kindly ask you to bear with us while we work through this issue.

Please feel free to contact us via the message center or at our call center, should you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Thank You,

Christopher Mallick

andresmm91, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  3. pgidia

pgidia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have balance in epassporte so now what is other way i can withdraw my money , can anyone show me some way

pgidia, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  4. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG how can we withdraw our money???

sunchy, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  5. VCCOncp

VCCOncp Peon

Best Answers:
    You may ask for a wire transfer. It will take some time though... and not sure if they always accept.
    I suggest that you wait until they work out a solution.

VCCOncp, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  6. pgidia

pgidia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes will have to wait for some solution from there end only

pgidia, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  7. jasonsc

jasonsc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a very bad feeling about this. It will probably not come out easily.

jasonsc, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  8. VCCOncp

VCCOncp Peon

Best Answers:
    The best ( fastest) solution is that they resolve their problems with Visa International.
    Otherwise, I don't see any other alternative than Mastercard ( a partnership with Payoneer maybe?). In that case, we have to wait several weeks before we can withdraw our money ; finding partners + printing new cards + mailing them... we are so screwed!

VCCOncp, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  9. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is true man

sunchy, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  10. pgidia

pgidia Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they will resolve the issue soon they might keep Visa itself sought out issue or else they will have to suffer huge losses

pgidia, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  11. a_person

a_person Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now, the money that you have in your Visa Card (Virtual or Electron) can't not be withdraw nor transfer to your ePassporte wallet or any other ePassporte account. It is frozen, says ePassporte.

If you have money in your ePassporte wallet, you can withdraw using a credit/debit card. The money will be sent to your bank account through this card. It takes up to 5 business days and the fee is $5 or 1% (which is greater). You will also have to scan some documents (ID, debit/credit card...) and send to ePassporte so they can associate that card to your ePassporte account.

But if you have money in the Visa card, then you will have to wait for a solution. This is my case. I have $6000 that I can't withdraw nor spend it.

So, be sure that you have the default payment set to be made to your wallet, not your Visa card. Welcome > Wallet Settings > Automate where funds are stored > Wallet

For now I won't look for another company to collect my payments. First, because there is a solution with ePassporte. And also, because most of the sites I work with don't accept other solutions (Payoneer, Webmoney...). But this might change if ePassporte does not solve this problem quickly. I have seen some people already creating accounts on Payoneer because of this issue.​

a_person, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  12. AccMax

AccMax Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that epassporte will be able to resovle their problems with visa ever soon. Usually visa is far not flexible. Guys who just has $ on their account but not on visa card are lucky because visa has blocked clients funds which are on epass's visa cards.

AccMax, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  13. a_person

a_person Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but whatever is the problem between ePassporte and Visa (seems to be because of a "tax haven"), they (Visa) shouldn't be able to deny people from get their money.

It is not that we are using Visa as credit card. We are using to withdraw money that we earned. So, it is our money, not Visa's. We could at least be able to transfer the money from Visa to wallet... now imagine how much money Visa is holding that belong to others.

I wouldn't be surprise if these greedy guys from Visa try to close this case and keep the money to themselves.

edit

From a big affiliate program: Starting today (September 3rd, 2010) ePassporte will not be available as a payment option until this issue is resolved by ePassporte.

And another affiliate program I work with also said that all the ePassporte payments will be hold while this issue is not solved.

I can count two companies that already took a decision about it less than 12 hours after the ePassporte statement. But I'm sure there are more doing the same.

It is better ePassporte find a solution quickly or the loss will be so big that it will be better to close the company. (Hmm.. maybe this was what Visa had in mind when they decided to suspend the contract without any warning)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    a_person, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  14. Mamara

Mamara Peon

Best Answers:
    Last week I bought a Visa Electron Card (35$) - Is there a possibility to give me back the money? It's my money, I think I am entitled to it.

Mamara, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  15. a_person

a_person Peon

Best Answers:
    This would be hard to do even when the things were ok between ePass and Visa. Now it is piratically impossible. Right now Visa is not willing to give any money to ePass. So people are not able to withdraw money, use credit card... not even ask for refund. Like many, you will have to wait.

a_person, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  16. zacky22

zacky22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't it against the law what Visa is doing? How can a company deprive one from their money without any warning... That really sucks!

zacky22, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  17. Mamara

Mamara Peon

Best Answers:
    They must return us our money - otherwise it is theft.

Only question is when...

Mamara, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  18. alarik

alarik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Theft? why do you call it theft? epassporte did not comply with visa's requests so they were shut down.
    Nobody stole the money, they were not operating according to visas money laundry policy as far as i understood the problem.
    This is a huge blow in the adult community.
    I am running a webcam studio and epassporte was by far the best payment method for my affiliates and models.
    Right now I am stuck with a huge sum in my epassporte account.

Be advised : similar payment methods such as ikobo or Payoneer will fall sooner or later also if they don't change their policies and regulations. I do not encourage anybody to find an alternative to epassporte, i strongly suggest to just use a bank account.

alarik, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  19. a_person

a_person Peon

Best Answers:
    Make it now 4. Four affiliate programs already messaged their affiliates warning that all ePass payments are being held. Two of them have advised us to change to the another payout method and even said to use Payoneer. But this does not mean that Payoneer is safe. Maybe MasterCard decides to do the same with them.

In the other hand, Payoneer is taking advantage of this problem and offering on forums quick response to anyone moving from ePass to Payoneer. By "move" I mean forget ePass and create a Payoneer account. Nobody is able to transfer money from ePass to Payoneer.

ePassporte is already losing a lot because of this. Not only customers, but also money from the transactions that people would be doing if the things were working fine.​

a_person, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  20. mrockz619

mrockz619 Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhh , very sad news ... nowadays every payment processor gving us heart attacks :p

mrockz619, Sep 3, 2010 IP