1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Expired Domain For Link Building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by timur1505, Sep 2, 2010.

Hello,

I’m currently looking into buying PR domain names with authority.

I can find 100’s of them on godaddy such as this one >> http://livelovelifeinteriors.com which go for $3

It seems to be a legitimate PR4 domain with 72 backlinks pointing to it and it has a high seomoz page authority.

My plan is to buy domains like this and make the whois details private so that Google can’t tell that the ownership has changed.

I then plan to build a page surrounded by relevant text to my linking page?

Does anyone have any advice on doing this?

timur1505, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  2. LucioDiasRibeiro

LucioDiasRibeiro Peon

Best Answers:
    Advice is not to divulge the url you are buying, probably by now someone else is buying

LucioDiasRibeiro, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  3. timur1505

timur1505 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never said I was going to buy that domain. I simply gave an example. Sorry, but my question looks very clear.

Any answers are appreciated, apart from worthless spam comments.

timur1505, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  4. Moorzy

Moorzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Expired domains do pass weight. I wouldn't get too hung up on the PR figure though. Perhaps you should try findings domains within the same niche that you're looking to promote rather than off topic ones that just happen to have PR? I think it'd benefit you more in the long run.

Moorzy, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  5. webrecsol

webrecsol Peon

Best Answers:
    try to buy relevant domains to your website themes so you can properly use them and after buying new domains submit some content on those or simply link up with wordpress based blog by doing this you will have website also for that domain name.

webrecsol, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  6. jazardezing

jazardezing Guest

Best Answers:
    You can consider these:

301 Redirect the Old Domain to Your Existing Domain

The easiest and least time consuming option is to 301 redirect the old domain to your existing site. This tactic obviously works best if both sites are in the same sector and are targeting the same keywords; otherwise, if you have a pet supply site and you buy an old Texas Hold 'Em poker site, a redirect probably might raise some eyebrows among the search engines. If, however, your site is brandnamepets.com and you buy onlinepetsupply.com and 301 redirect the domain over, you're inheriting a lot of topical and appropriate links.

jazardezing, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  7. timur1505

Best Answers:
    As I believe, Google likes contextual links best, and with that said Google will rank your keyword better if you use an anchor text link with LSI words surrounding that link.

301 redirects can be a good link building tactic but I don’t think it would be as powerful as making a contextual link.

Diversity in link building is needed so both options can be used.

The thing is, I can continue to make assumption, but I have no experience in buying expiring domains. That is why it would be good to have an answer from someone that has done this before.

I read a lot of stories that buying expired/expiring domains have their PR juice reset and the links devalued.

The thing is, when you buy an expiring domain I don’t think Google can tell that the domain has been re-purchased.

timur1505, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  8. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you remove all links and have 1 external link to target site, changing the site alot this will alert google

geester1, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  9. timur1505

Best Answers:
    Is that just an assumtion? or do you have a trusted source to back that up?

In my opinion that would not raise any flags with google. Are we not allowed to change our sites and have 1 externa link? but if you was to make a pattern of the same kind of links, then that may raise a flag.

timur1505, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  10. monkeynuts84

monkeynuts84 Peon

Best Answers:
    @timur1505 - go and completely change a number of pages on your site and watch them drop down the rankings. Admittedly, this will only be for a short period until Google reindexes your content and pushes your site back up the SERP's. P.S Yes, I have done this with one of my sites (PR5) which then dropped from position 2 in Google down to page 6. About 1 week later my site came back up into position 3 on the front page.

monkeynuts84, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  11. nameempire

nameempire Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally have never had experience with buying PR domains either:p

nameempire, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  12. GeorgeKuipers

GeorgeKuipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Timur, as a good advice - if you want to have link juice kept, restore and keep the old content of the puchased domain.
    PS. Having relevant to your niche domains is very important in such seo method.

GeorgeKuipers, Sep 11, 2010 IP
    timur1505 likes this.
  13. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    the page used only the homepage, the others will be N/A pages.
    I think you can bought it then raise it till it is established

petr_ind, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  14. jeffcao

jeffcao Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a good move by using existing resources (domain) on the internet. But please be mindful of the content and URL. there have to be matched with LSI keyword to work well.

jeffcao, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  15. NickMack

NickMack Peon

Best Answers:
    i have tried this and there is one major issue with this technique.

Where are you going to host the domains?

First, the whois is not the only way google will know the site has changed. The server IP address will change when you point the domain to your server. This will tell google that the site has moved. Then the site will be completely different and google will put 2 an 2 together that it is a new site.

plus, If all the domains you buy are on the same server, they wont do much for you. Google will see them as having the same owner. and if they are are the same server as your main site, they will do even less.

I tried this, i bought a few hundered bucks worth of expired domains and wrote a script to create a ton of different sites. I even waited a few months before putting links on them so i would be sure that google would index them as not being a spam site.

Some of them even ranked on the 1st and 2nd pages for some 3 and 4 word keywords. After i added my link back to my main site to the domains, i watched it for a few months and there was very little change in the serps.

SInce it did not help me much, i decided to use the sites for traffic. I changed the pages into sort of squeeze pages for my main site. I started link building campaings for all the sites and got them to rank for some keywords.

THey worked as sort of doorway pages to my money site, but that is all they were good for. There was too much money and time involved for me to say this is effective. You could do way more for your site with the money and time.

NickMack, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  16. timur1505

Best Answers:
    Where are you going to host the domains?
    Cheap hosting companies - $10 a year

If i was a woman, get married, and moved address, do you think it would be fair to devalue all of my hard work? No, and that’s why google does not take the whois info into consideration.
    You would not put all of your domains onto 1 server, that’s just asking for trouble.

timur1505, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  17. NickMack

NickMack Peon

Best Answers:
    well, if you are going to host them each on a different server then great........thats where i went wrong.........it was too late when i it hit me. You just have to make sure that each one is actually on a different server address. if you use the same hosting company for all, make sure they span you over different servers.

I think your plan will work as long as you are not as stupid as me and you dont put them all on the same server.

NickMack, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  18. relient28

relient28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the honest opinion. I had considered this possibility but decided Google was smart enough to catch on. I think buying the old domains and forwarding the traffic would be a very cost effective way to get some free traffic but like another person said above, they will have a very high bounce rate unless it is the same niche. Just my two cents.

relient28, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  19. monkeynuts84

monkeynuts84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Disagree with you on the point regarding moving servers to new IP's. I've done this with a number of domains I own and I've seen no impact. At the end of the day, moving a site to a new hosting company is a legitimate practice. If it wasn't anyone that decided to move their sites would suffer some kind of penalty.

monkeynuts84, Sep 21, 2010 IP