1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 months, and no PR update .. Do you think ...

Discussion in 'Google' started by Toon-c, Sep 1, 2010.

Hi ...

5 months since the last PR update ..

I may be exchanging links with PR5 websites that may be PR N/A or banned for the moment ..

it really sucks ...

Do you think that this is the next step after removing the PR from Google webmasters tool to finally eliminate the concept of the PR ?? or at least its visibility to the public ??

Do you think it's for the better or for the worst ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks ...

Toon-c, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    Emma13th likes this.
  2. LouieRamos

LouieRamos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR's importance have degraded significantly over the past year or so. I run an SEO company and we never rely on a site's PR to know if attaining links there is important. The PR concept is decaying and the only people that cares about it are those who sell links and make money out of a site's PR and those who are SEO newbies.

LouieRamos, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  3. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And how do you check the website backlinking value without PR ?
    Do you examine all the links ?

Thanks for joining the discussion, Rep+

Toon-c, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  4. bluesinjid

bluesinjid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked what links you have recorded by google in your webmaster tools? I wouldn't worry about PR2, there is only 2 things I care about, Revenue and Traffic. If you care about PR so much, it is probably because you think you will get better advertisers, but in the truth, PR is just a broken system like Alexa.

bluesinjid, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  5. ThelemaqueTip

ThelemaqueTip Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you should worry about PR unless you try to sale back links through your website. the reason why i say i that because i see website that get more traffics then those high pare ranks sites.

ThelemaqueTip, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  6. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR may not be prefect, but it is all we have. Advertisers, Webmasters, and SEO people need it. If I were an advertiser, I'd want to know (at quick glance) how Google views the page. If I were thinking of purchasing a site, I'd want a PR ranking to know if it's truly worth it... or if it's junk. If I were to submit "guest blogger posts" for SEO, pagerank is essential because it help to determine which blogs have value in Google's eyes.

As you said, Alexa is broken... and unless you want to do in-depth research on every page, it's all we've got. I don't want to see pagerank die, because I don't know of a better way to quickly and efficiently examine a page's worth/value/importance.

fireboat, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  7. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you get a certain amount of traffic from search engine, then you don't worry about PR.

blog8491, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    hotpop likes this.
  8. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not for the webmaster - it's for everyone else.

fireboat, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    Emma13th likes this.
  9. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! that's my point ..

We don't have anything else .. if PR stop updating it will be a problem ..
    Rep+

PS @the others: stop spamming the thread .. we learned the song about Pr is not important worry about the traffic .. it's not the subject ..

Toon-c, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    hotpop likes this.
  10. dropcatchsell

dropcatchsell Active Member

Best Answers:
    If PR were phased out, Matt Cutts would post a blog in advance of the last PR update.

I don't see Google ever phasing out PR, simply because webmasters like it. They like it because it quantifies something that's difficult to quantify: the success of a link-building campaign. While I don't think anyone at Google would say anything about PR's diminished important that isn't already mentioned here, Google get a lot of value from Toolbar PR just by the fact that showing it gets webmasters of their backs.

dropcatchsell, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    Emma13th likes this.
  11. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Toon-c

It is hard to say if it is a problem. But, It is really right that you would put your own sites in trouble if you exchange your links with bad neighbors. So, I would like to recommend you to track down link exchanging sites, find out the problem and delete the links on your sites of bad neighbors.

all the best,

AirForce1, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    Emma13th and Toon-c like this.
  12. zhouleiaill

zhouleiaill Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it will update at Oct

zhouleiaill, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  13. robbybeth333

robbybeth333 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    concentrate on anchor text it out weighs pr for rankings. Concentrating on pr will just give you a head ache. Google doesnt want people gaming the search engines. Dont even pay attention to it.

robbybeth333, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  14. dazynelofer

dazynelofer Peon

Best Answers:
    I think first u'ld concentrate on on-page SEO then get more n more backlinks

dazynelofer, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  15. menchuvalderama

menchuvalderama Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the problem that your facing is not that hard to analyze for which you solve one of the root cause why you're having this dilemma on the PR updates. Consider the fact that for my premonition, your content doesn't have an update and also another thing will be the content is not that good. I also think that PR doesn't affect your search engine ranking but it maybe useful if you're selling links.

menchuvalderama, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  16. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter and is not at all a thing to worry about. It has happened before that Google has updated its PR only 3 times in a year. So they must have skipped the PR update which was supposed to be held in July and now it will be carried out in the month of October end. I guess there was too much on their plate, so they skipped one update for this 2010 year. However if you look around lot of inner pages have been changed in terms of the pagerank, google has not changed only the homepage PR which I think will be in the month of October.

China_girl, Sep 1, 2010 IP
    hotpop likes this.
  17. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that PR concept would not be stooped in Google, coz this is the unique concept that make the Google different from other search engines and attracts the more visitors and webmaster towards it.

I have not also seen any PR upgradation on my sites, but I can not say that PR updation has not take place still now.

Coz I have noticed fraction PR updation on some other various sites, I was shocked to see the updated PR of that site and others were not updated. So that may be some fraction pr updation by Google and still complete pr updation for all the sites are in queue or waiting.

xprtwalk, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  18. buzinessware

buzinessware Peon

Best Answers:
    Build relevant back links then get back PR.

buzinessware, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  19. alex06291

alex06291 Peon

Best Answers:
    Give importance to relevancy, if you do so then don't worry about PR, try to build high quality back links, if you find .edu or .gov domains then it would be good for you.

alex06291, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  20. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    google is not regular in updating toolbar PR for the last few updates. i myself care less but some people just freak out seeing the PR is not being updated. not that it will make a whole lot of difference if it does but it sure looks good on the toolbar

sultanofseo, Sep 2, 2010 IP
    hotpop likes this.