1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about Islam

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Danielregwan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    This is actually a well-known fallacy.

Quoting The Terrorists are the Victims?:

The National Science Foundation conducted a study which showed no link between economic health and terrorism. Nancy Lutz, economics program director at the NSF, explains:

“People say ‘poverty breeds terrorism’ and that seems obvious, but when one looks at the data, it has to be questioned if it’s really true. In fact, the data tell us that there’s no link between poverty and terrorism, which suggests that attempts to reduce terrorism by fighting poverty will not work.”
    Brennan would do well to study the work of economist Alan Krueger. Krueger conducted a study of 129 Hezbollah suicide bombers and compared their backgrounds with men who shared their same age bracket and geography. Alan discovered that the terrorists were less likely to come from a poor family (28% versus 33%) and more likely to have a high school education (47% versus 38%).

Claude Berrebi conducted an analysis of suicide bombers in Palestine and found similar results. He discovered that only 16% of suicide bombers came from impoverished families, compared more than 30% of male Palestinians overall. More than 60% of suicide bombers in his study had gone beyond high school versus only 15% of the overall populace.

Terrorists are richer and more well educated than the average Muslim. These people are not the victims of anything other than religious indoctrination. Brennan’s statement is no more acceptable than claiming that the Nazi SS members were “victim to the cancer of violent extremism.”

Islamist terrorism is very simple to understand, as it was commanded by Muhammad in the Qua’ran:

9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.​

Will.Spencer, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  2. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    No denying the fact that Islam, as a religion, breeds terrorism but the veracity of the findings of 'this' survey is doubtful because of its small sample size. Also, results could have been different if more samples were drawn from different geographies where poverty, history of violence and Islamic fundamentalism are rampant. You don't always need a survey to form an opinion. Clearly, the disparity in economic and educational demographics play a major role and it only manifests into a deadly combination with Islam added to it. Compare the incidences of terrorist attacks in Pakistan and in an affluent Muslim country. Or a comparison between Jammu & Kashmir of India and other affluent provinces like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Punjab shows the exact correlation between Islamic extremism and poverty.

Affluent sheikhs of the middle east may be sympathetic to the killers but they don't take to streets on a killing spree (that is, if you leave out Osama bin Laden)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    Alevoor, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  3. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

and what is its all about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKEVMgerpKg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    Vebtools, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  4. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and here is the an example of fast justice in Pakistan. A reply to international media by Pakistani media

[video=facebook;153636571328451]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=153636571328451[/video]

Vebtools, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  5. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it just me, or do those look like photos of two very different individuals.

EDIT: IT clearly says "Cast" - so, is it just people posing to be the originals?

stephenhacking, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  6. Mumti

Mumti Peon

Best Answers:
    dude cast means caste, it is spelled wrong
    caste is "Any of the hereditary, endogamous social classes or subclasses of traditional society, or area"

barwala, Khokar, bhatti, Arain are castes in Pakistan...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    Mumti, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  7. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what caste means. Your Pakistani media seems to need a lot of help with using the right words.

No wonder most Paki's in this board can't write properly structured English sentences.

Why mention someone's caste in a news program? Isn't that caste-based discrimination?

And, why is there a "Butter" suffix to every "cast".

stephenhacking, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  8. Mumti

Mumti Peon

Best Answers:
    lol no doubt..
    well the that line, i copy-pasted from dictionary site, that one says it to be religious but the castes on the in the video are different from it,
    these castes (in video) are based on histories and areas not religiously,
    like people living in peshawar and other upper areas of Pakistan are "pathans"/ khan, like i am rajpoot which mean son of king this cast is based on the history because rajpoots were well off and known for fight skills. it is a common practice in pak to write these castes. for example bolly wood actor Shahrukh khan writes khan with his name, coz his father belong Peshawar, Pakistan.. hence these doesnt come under racism, u can say these castes are like surnames.
    these are not religions castes they dont differentiate people like the hindu rituals Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaisya, and Sudra castes. these are consider racism even in India.....
    i hope u understand what i am trying to say

editing my earlier post, coz these are not religions castes..
    butter is the name of town where indent took place... before "butter" there is a Word R/O which means Resident of, most of the people are from butter, but there are some which from other areas, u can watch full video..

Mumti, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  9. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Know your facts, know your religion well and know how many times it preaches killings, gender discrimination before you raise your voice or point a finger on a Hindu system, you half-cut kafir.

Ask yourself or your cronies if they know for god's sake why they discriminate against Mohajirs, Ahmadiyas and women and who authorized you to kill other half-cuts and Hindus here.

And your claim for Shah Rukh Khan, heh, if ever he or his forefathers belonged to Peshawar, that was centuries before you people divided India, do you understand? Pakistan never existed before India handed it over in alms to your begging, yet killing brothern.

Alevoor, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  10. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alevoor, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  11. Mumti

Mumti Peon

Best Answers:
    read my post twice i said unlike these castes the one mentioned in videos are like surnames.... i am not criticizing hindu religion or their systems i dont get the point of you bombarding against my post, he asked me isnt it racism to mention castes of criminals ? i told him these are like surnames in Pakistan.
    so please stay calm i have interest in criticizing your religion....
    i just wanted to clear one thing to stephenhacking and i hope he got my point that these are like surnames not religion based castes :)

Mumti, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  12. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    So, your second name is Rajpoot?

If not, why even bother keeping a record of that.

And, I still don't get why your TV channels broadcast it clearly as "caste" and not as surname.

stephenhacking, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  13. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very Good!
    [video=youtube;Qg_iDPRud_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_iDPRud_c[/video]

ChaosTrivia, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  14. Mumti

Mumti Peon

Best Answers:
    This is NOT the official video of any channel, or atleast i dont see any Logo in the video neither i have seen it on any channel.... however a video similar to this was broadcasted on Express News... but on that the lower name badge was NOT there, i cant find it on Youtube...

Yep you can say my last name is Rajpoot however i dont write it with my name
    Its traditional here.

Mumti, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  15. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will assume that you wanted to say i have NO interest in criticizing your religion... But you also said these are consider racism even in India referring to the four prehistoric social segments as castes. I have seen Pakistanis in this forum and elsewhere as having a strange fetish to drag India and Indian people into controversies, be it by using names of celebrities or by saying that India was under muslim rule or even dragging Kashmir issues completely out of context. You've got to be judicious in choosing examples and citations when discussing your religion or your country. A lofty claim like Kashmir has muslim majority is none of your business to meddle with. Just remember that you have hands full to bother about in your own backyard.

Alevoor, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  16. Mumti

Mumti Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i wanted to say I have no interest.,....
    i havnt dragged india into it i just google "caste def" copy pasted definition here, then i edit it...
    i wanted to say hindus have cates like these and they consider it immoral in india if anyone discriminates others for caste...which i think is a plus point...
    you people condemn caste system, thats good, i appreciate, and thats what i written in my post.... i dont know how you were taking it.

i dont know bro why you are fighting with me, probably its your nature to fight with Pakistanis and muslims, i dont know.....
    but again i didnt mean to say anything bad about your country or religion..... i apologize if any of my posts hurt you about religious feelings.
    Stay cool, if you are an indian then i think we are not very different from each other, my grand father is a mohajir from india, and we(Pakistanis) dont really hate india as much u do....
    as far as the question of other posts by pakistanis then i bet these are far less made by indian users...

so dont fight with me, i dont disgrace your religion or country neither i have interest in doing so,
    in short come and lets sit with peace, Aman ki asha or whatever....
    stay cool

Mumti, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  17. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. That's a lot better. Just for the records- condemning caste practices is indirect acknowledgment of existence of caste discrimination. The checks and balances in the society as a whole and in the strong legal system takes care of any unlikely incidences and puts paid to them.
    2. You seem to have a different constitution than other muslims and I presume it is for the good. I appreciate your admission to being a mohajir. Mohajirs are known to be the only Pakistani muslim sect that isn't opposed to India. But let put things straight, it isn't in my or in any Indian's nature to find a reason to fight with Pakistan, we always have better businesses to get busy with. It's been always the other way round. We are more concerned with our well being than worry about what Pakistan might do next.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    Alevoor, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  19. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, barbarism is barbarism and brutality, madness are just that. I just can't defend them any way. But what is your point? Sometime ago, videos and photos of US women soldiers forcing Iraqi prisoners to drink their urine direct were doing the rounds but how does it legitimize atrocities on this side?

Secondly, 8-10 clips from India against one from Pakistan doesn't prove anything, let alone make Pakistan a more civilized place or establish that they are very few and far in between. Don't you know about the tons of videos that show public beheading of people by mullas and jehadis?

Btw, why haven't you added how the legal system reacted to those incidences?

Alevoor, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  20. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    And the victims of these jehadi religious campaigners this time round is their own islamists group participating in a religious procession. Now Allah must have grown greater by a step

Alevoor, Sep 1, 2010 IP