1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $10 contest for a simple background

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by barricades, Sep 1, 2010.

Hi,

I'm redoing my Irish gift shop and I need a suitable tileable background for the behind edges of the site (where the green is currently)

The site is going to look a fair bit different but the logo will remain the same (possible brighter gold) so the background needs to compliment that.

The general direction I want is something a bit like this. I like the golden shamrocks floating - although without their stems they look a little too much like snowdrops falling. Also I think perhaps the odd pint of Guinness floating in the background might look good too.

Another background which I quite like is this one. I like the fact its a little dark and a bit textured. I think it looks earthy which is nice, although obviously it isn't tileable.

Please remember, it's only the strips at the side where this background will be visible, so like in the last example above the shamrocks at the bottom (which look nice) won't work - besides that wouldn't be tileable.

The above is a bit of a guideline of what I like but I'm no designer so please use your imagination and knowledge to come up with something that looks right.

Although the rest of the home page has yet to be designed I'm aiming for a grotto type, gift-shop-ish type feel for the rest of it so obviously the background needs to fit.

Looking forward to seeing what appears - I'll give plenty of feedback as always and I'll choose the winner in less than 24 hours - assuming there's one I like, which there has always been so far in my contests :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    barricades, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  2. ahsan.jpr

ahsan.jpr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    entry sent via PM.

ahsan.jpr, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  3. barricades

barricades Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    reply sent via PM.

I'm off to my scratcher, will be back after some sleep to give feedback

barricades, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  4. barricades

barricades Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    no body else fancy having a go at this? there's only one entry so far, which is a decent entry but it'd be nice to have more than one to choose from

barricades, Sep 2, 2010 IP