1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you invest 1500 $ into?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Michael T., Aug 30, 2010.

1. inomcoke

inomcoke Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking to start making money online I'd start off by finding a topic you are very interested in or passionate about. Then find a way to make money from it. Typically making a blog or forums or something to that effect. Initially you will just need to spend $10-50 on domain/hosting, ect. Then start building up the site manually during your free time. Save up most of that money you have available for when you need it.

For example. Maybe a month after you open the site and you have everything running smoothly but you want a bump in traffic you can spend $100-300 on adwords (or other advertising) or maybe spend a bit on someone to write articles for you to help with SEO. Having that kind of cash is not strictly required to be as successful as you wish to be but it can sure help push through some of the slower processes (like SEO/advertising).

Kudos on making the effort though. I wish I had that much money to invest in my online businesses right now. It would really help!

Good luck!!!

inomcoke, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  2. marketingcows

marketingcows Peon

Best Answers:
    I have talked to them about the site and showed interest. I have a lot of knowledge in the sporting field. After many emails with them I came to the realization that they do not have time for it and do not know a thing about selling it. So they are just looking to sell it and move on. Like I said it started out 2 weeks ago for $5000, then went to $4500, $3000, $2500, and now $1500. They are just looking for a buyer so they can move on.

The site does check out, I just wish I didnt own 6 different sites and had an extra 1-2 hours a day for it. This is why I am on this thread hoping a fellow poster can benefit from it with some of my help (marketing)

marketingcows, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  3. zeusx007

zeusx007 Peon

Best Answers:
    sharemarket is best for investing that amount

zeusx007, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  4. Mioni Krakel

Mioni Krakel Peon

Best Answers:
    Start a few blogs with different topics.
    pick one topic that you are interested in and passionate about and a few more you think people would like to read about.
    Hire a writer to write a few chapeters, like a continuous story, for the blogs you have as extra, while you yourself care for and write for your passionblog.

Schedule updates, at least a few per week. For around $500-$700 you would probably be able to put up 4-5 blogs with anough content for a few updates per week for the rest of the year. By then, $10 per day may not be that far away, not at all. Then either invest some more of your saved money into these blogs continous development, more stories or so, or just leave them as they are and create new ones. When you get to the point of maybe $15 per day, start plowing back half of it into new content for your current money makers or the development of new ones.

You might be in for a tough first year, but after a year and some $1000 investment, you should be able to have around 15-20 blogs, out of which you have written 3-4 yourself and then just make it self sustaining. As long as a blog has good traffic and keeps generating more than you put in to it, puth half of that earning back into new content for it to keep the revenue coming in. Once you get to the point of some 5-10 000 unique visitors per day, who are there because of your content, then you have a pretty decent audience and should be able to have ads on your blogs to generate some $20-$30 USD per day for you.

Once you have your stable earners, then bransch off into something new, to spread out from where you're getting your income. It's dangerous to have to rely on a single payee, even if that payee is Mr Google. Try for example to bransch off into some affiliate marketing, something you could possibly advertise for free on your own blogs a few times per week. if you need $500-$1000 per month, try to get it to a point where you have 7 companies paying you $100-$150 each. Should one of them fail, disappear, change their rules, ban you, or in any other way stop finctioning, you are not totally lost. A loss of $100 is bad, but not if you have 5-6 others still making money for you. That's the kind of stability you need to be looking for as along time project.

Good luck!

Mioni Krakel, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  5. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice,but as I stated before,I am not interested in buying an established site,that way I won't learn anything and gain experience and for the money I have I know that I can get a lot for running some kind of my own businnes.

Just searching for directions.

Michael T., Aug 31, 2010 IP
  6. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,good advice.

Relying on one stream income can be really dangerous.

Michael T., Aug 31, 2010 IP
  7. Scriptoman

Scriptoman Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to hire a developer and get PHP scripts built and then sale it with single domain license or with full rights.

You can PM me too :) I'm a developer myself.

Scriptoman, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  8. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joint venture with me, I have affiliate blog that can be monitized, don't worry about hosting, domain & cms stuff. I just need team work with little investment. Right now my money had been put with other project, so the affiliate blog still need some little touch to manage, so easy for new comer, just concentrate getting traffic only. Feel free to pm me if interested.

karmaseo, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  9. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the offer but I want to start from scratch and learn everything by myself.

Michael T., Sep 1, 2010 IP
  10. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you and I had 1500usd to spare, this is what I would do:

1. Buy a good domain name. New. Just less than 10usd.
    2. Buy a VPS for one year. Best price I have found is 90usd for a whole year.
    3. Get a private WoW game server team together.
    4. Have fun.

Private WoW game servers can get anything up to 600usd a day in donations. I know because I was GM on one such site. Just make sure you plan your strategy correctly. Marketing-wise and legality-wise. And host your server off-shore. Germany, Belgium or Netherlands are preferred locations.

Hope this is useful.

ThisOldMan, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  11. prohost

prohost Member

Best Answers:
    action is very important, first step for you is get your first domain and then put your domain on webhosting. The next step will follow after your heart and mind already attached with your domain and website.

prohost, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  12. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would try to buy a PR7 or a PR6 website and monetize well and start making money by posting links and banners from various clients :)

China_girl, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  13. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you setup VPS business.

It one of the profitable business right now.

mentos, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  14. imarketing2010

imarketing2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Do something you can do well. What are you an expert in? There has to be something your better at than most people. Capitalize on your strengths.

imarketing2010, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  15. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would setup a social bookmarking site like technoriti, digg etc or a job portal. Hiring seo and link builders from asia would cost less and at cheap price I would get promotion, traffic and finally the money offcourse.

c4cyber, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  16. enormous

enormous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you hire scriptoman you are going to be in a situation like me and donkon are in check this out: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1865505

scriptoman also has a good habit of taking your money and not doing the work, check out his feedback.

enormous, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  17. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    I will start my own business.

Tom_Lee, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  18. NOBYNATOR

NOBYNATOR Peon

Best Answers:
    $1500 to start own business aint much, I would purchase something that would bring me fast payback and also earn some.

NOBYNATOR, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  19. unbrokenspirit

unbrokenspirit Peon

Best Answers:
    seek the trends, it's all up to you deal on niche or popular market. make a concept and plan of your site first, then invest them.

sorry i'm noobs too, i just started this IM world and can't give more advice[​IMG]

unbrokenspirit, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  20. LasseKohau

LasseKohau Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Michael, I would contact a one of the suppliers from Flippa. Flippa has some excellent blog-developers, which are posting thier automated blogs for sale, every month.

I would cut a deal, with one of those. For 1500 dollars, you might get 5 blogs, each earning you 2 dollars a day - which is 10 D or 300 D a month.

A lot of internet marketers doesnt reach that level.

Then, i would put that 300 D a side and do some services to clients, to make at least 100 dollars a month, so I would have 400 dollars for a new blog.

In this way, I would slowly build up a blog empire, and in 6 months you will have app. 12 blogs, making around from 24-30 dollars a day, which is a good start.

regards, LASSE

LasseKohau, Oct 11, 2010 IP