1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is Internet Marketing so dang, hard! How can we make money out here!?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010.

I come across threads like this all the time on these forums. Everyone is wondering just why Internet Marketing has become so difficult, so competitive, why's it so hard to earn money on the Internet? The answer is that the market (Internet Marketing as a whole! Stop talking niche's and categories) is getting over saturated and competitive.

That's right, the big dogs now have the control. With marketing budgets booming well over tens of thousands for a days worth of advertising campaigns, it's incredibly difficult to compete! You best believe that they have marketing teams scoping out the best keywords and attack plans for building backlinks in order to take over those rankings.

Your solution to this competitive market: Well you probably guessed it was coming. The solution to keep up with your competitors is to outsource the work that you just 1) don't have the time for 2) don't have the knowledge to do and 3) can't keep up with.

There are outsourcing companies ALL over this forum. So your best bet is yes, to browse that services section and to check out top offers. Article submissions, directory submissions, and high quality backlinks can all be outsourced. If you want numbers, quality and speed then you NEED to outsource.

Of course, I work for an SEO company myself. I probably wouldn't be making this post if I didn't. However, as a company, we work together and manage networks of sites on our own as well. We know what it takes to get above the rest and dominate the search engines which is highly needed in order to:

1) drive traffic
    2) make sales :)

So whatever niche your in, you have to step above your competitors. We try to lower our rates to accommodate for those marketers that really want to get into the game but don't have the budget to grow successful. Which I know, is the issue with most beginners in Internet Marketing.

I hope this helps out some people. Understanding that the entire market is widely competitive in this new age world and it takes hard work to get anywhere on the Internet.

UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I whole-heartedly agree with this suggestion. Even I am guilty of sometimes biting off more than I can chew. I also fully admit it holds me back at times. Sometimes I prefer to do things on my own. However, in most situations when I have outsourced work to reputable members in this community it has paid off. You can get lots more done and sometimes thats what is needed. I have even outsourced link building on one of my websites and am now SO THANKFUL I did! At times you just have to know what to outsource.

I would recommend before jumping out there and just buying services to try them yourself for a small period of time. It helps knowing how much time and effort goes into such a thing before buying the service. Another recommendation is to shop around and negotiate prices!

PHPGator, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  3. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic = Money. Internet Marketing does take a great deal of time and effort but I think it's totally worth it once you got everything set in places.

Justin_Dupre, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  4. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't see any problem here - the more competition - the better product's quality - the more the income. I can see some plusses in such a situation. Yes, internet marketing is difficult, but that's why it is so interesting!

Warner, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  5. KateKutny

KateKutny Peon

Best Answers:
    Have people spread the word for you. Use viral marketing. Wordpress lets you use a plugin called Wp Email. I use this and it works great! People have also been using Facebook apps these days to market their products! It def. works when you have a bunch of fans liking your page. Their friends see it and then more friends see it. Viral traffic is def. something you should try to get.

KateKutny, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  6. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies. I think viral marketing has some potential, but of course, nothing comes easy. Building a Facebook account with targeted friends that will be interested in the business page your pushing, is not a simple task. If you have a full-time job and use the Internet as supplemental part-time income, which a lot of marketers do, then you have a lot of work on your hands.

UnBooked, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  7. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is HUGE demand - and it's growing! Imagine what you think in 10 years: "If I had only done it in 2010! ..." Put the effort in, use all the help you can ... afford. No matter how slow or fast - as long as you are going to walk your dream!

smile633, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  8. jeffrey73

jeffrey73 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep. Like Gauher said, learn to master "traffic sources". That's the best skill you can have.

jeffrey73, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  9. shawn.itchair

shawn.itchair Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

That was true traffic = money....if you got more traffic with your site the more money you can earn...

shawn.itchair, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  10. Tiedemies

Tiedemies Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say SEO is becoming quite tough because of the sheer amount of people doing it, but like in almost every aspect of life, a little bit of creativity works wonders on marketing. Both offline and online.

Tiedemies, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  11. s4ndid

s4ndid Peon

Best Answers:
    but true traffic require SEO, anyone of you other there guru that ever learn or took-up a course for SEO? i'm guessing you weren't in born with SEO knowledge right :)

s4ndid, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  12. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard for you guys because you're at the bottom of the internet marketing food chain, you pass all the wealth to the top. All the internet millionaires I know own CPA networks (they control the traffic) you guys as affiliates just fight each other to send a few little rain drops to a big tidal wave of traffic. You make a choice in this industry which side of the fence you sit on people who own the likes of http://www.1800flowers.com/ sit on one side of the fence while you sit on the other.

Seqqa, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  13. hpginc

hpginc Member

Best Answers:
    You have to do way more than SEO. Yes it may get tedious and frustrating. But to me it's easy to market and advertise nowadays. Yes, it's repetitive and boring, but it's basically brain dead work. It's the same thing over and over again:)

hpginc, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  14. computerconsultant

computerconsultant Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel freelancing is the best way to earn income. There are many freelance websites available, which offers number of jobs to the users. If you are perfect in your skills then earning money should be easy.

computerconsultant, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  15. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see where you're coming from, and I can see where your hopes are aimed waaay too high to where you're not even giving good advice. Do you realize how much money it costs to start a CPA network on your own? $50,000 at a minimum. You have to start somewhere, for most people, that's affiliate marketing. Which there are plenty of affiliate marketers pulling in well over $100k a year, believe me.

UnBooked, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  16. stupidcamel

stupidcamel Member

Best Answers:
    Online marketing doesn't mean easy money. It is actually hard. It takes lots of time building a site and improve its online presence. Then the webmasters need to work hard on keeping the quality of the site. New marketing tools are brought to the world all the time and growing sites are coming built up to make the competition even more fierce. One need to keep working and learning constantly.
    And the economic recession is making it even harder to make profits. Now, the payment for a SEO job is only one fifth of the payment webmasters used to get for the same job before the crisis or even worse. Shame, mates...,
    Hope things will change soon.

stupidcamel, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  17. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm here to wake people up to reality, the post wasn't intended for advice. You get out of life what you put in, fact! You can put two things into a new business effort and money, you if you lack either all then you've got to make up the other. If you have a good cash flow to start a real business and want to risk real money in it, then you'll reep the rewards if successful. Please don't complain you're not making a million bucks when you're risked next to nothing in the process, it happens to a few but jesus they had to work for it. If you kinda like those odds cool, keep buying your lottery ticket each week!

If you know anything about business you'll know that everything works on risk and reward. Work out the risk and reward of a $10 domain and $5 hosting and then keep cratching your head why your $15 gamble didn't win you the million dollar jackpot. While the guy that maxed out 3 credit cards and re-mortgaged his house up to the ying yang to start his internet advertising company 10 years ago and now spends most of his days sat on his private yacht.

It may not look like it but I am trying to help everyone here, I'm trying to help everybody get over their ignorance in this industry of why they make next to no money online while others are making millions.

Some of the most successful people I know who build multi-million dollar business risked EVERYTHING to get to the position they are in, it was either the business worked or they where on the streets it was as simple as that if the business didn't work the the bank would take the house and everything in it of any value make them bankrupt. But the thing about these people that sets them apart from everyone else is they're incredibly self motivated and they have 110% self belief in everything single thing they do. They don't go around saying I can't do that, yeah that looks way hard there's no way I can do that!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    Seqqa, Sep 1, 2010 IP