1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you invest 1500 $ into?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Michael T., Aug 30, 2010.

Hi fellow DPers,

What would you do in my situation?

I have 1500$ in my pocket ATM,and I can invest an extra 200$ of my money every month for the next half year.

-I have very little HTML/CSS experience,i know some basics.
    -I know how tu build and use wordpress blogs(premade ones of course).
    -I know a lot about SEO(just theory).
    -I know a lot about affiliate marketing(just theory)
    -I know a lot about adsense(just theory)
    -I know a lot about PPC(just theory)
    -My english is good but not enough so I am even willing to pay someone to write posts for me,or just to gramatically correct them.
    -I almost forgot,I have 2-3 hours a day of free time ATM.Till New year.
    -From 01.01.2011 to 01.06.2011 i will have 6-7 hours a day to work on the Internet.

The problem is that I never actually took ACTION and made a move,I said to myself that I just can't make money online without investing a dime.That is partialy true.

Over the past few months,8-9 actually,I was without a job and money of course and had time to research a lot,I was reading,reading and reading,popular blogs,websites,forums...,now I have a day job,I saved some money and I want to work full time on the internet in the future.

I will be working on my day job another 3-4 months,.My boss said that they will need me till New year and I will be without a job till the beginning of the season which is 1st July 2011.

Ass you see I will have half a year of free time,I have money now to invest and I want to never get back to my day job again,I really want to try to make a full time income from the internet.

One more thing,20$-30$ of profit a day after 4 months from now would be great for the beginning.I'll easily scale it up later.50$ a day would be just fantastic.

Just keep in mind that an average salary in my country is 550$,I now have 900$ because I work all night,from midnight to 6-7-8 o'clock in the morning.I live with my parents so I don't have any extra expenses,just the ones for my luxury and 100$ that they get from me every month.

Every piece of advice appreciated.:)

Michael T., Aug 30, 2010 IP
  2. cPAce

cPAce Peon

Best Answers:
    I would invest in making a brand new wordpress and pay developers to deck it out and bring you some constant cash in.

cPAce, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  3. BlogsAboutCrap

BlogsAboutCrap Peon

Best Answers:
    Spend the money on a good domain, a hosting plan, an email list manager like Aweber, and possible a premium Wordpress theme like Thesis (very SEO-friendly right out of the box). You should also download John Chow's free ebooks - they will give you all the basics you need to get started, and basics are everything!

SAVE THE REST!

BlogsAboutCrap, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  4. BlogsAboutCrap

BlogsAboutCrap Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, do not expect to make big money right off the bat. You have to think long term, and you are going to make a lot of mistakes.

BlogsAboutCrap, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  5. cyberlight

cyberlight Peon

Best Answers:
    Best to protect your money. Learn a successful method of marketing (a Model you can follow)
    Stick with it and TAKE ACTION... Don't jump from program to program.

Then begin to outsource some of the tasks. You will save more money this way
    and you will have more success..

Best Wishes

cyberlight, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  6. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree, I would hold onto the money and instead try to start a business online that doesn't require a huge investment. If you cans start from nothing then you will have that $1,500 on top of whatever you make. Everything online can be done manually with a little input on your side of things.

UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  7. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,good advice.

No,I have money for my needs,the money I have saved is just for my internet efforts,it can help me succeed bigtime,I have more options to choose from.

Read them already before.:)

8. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know,that't why I said that 20-30$ a day after 4 month would be just fine,if I can't accomplish that with a 1500$ investement then working on the net isn't for me.

9. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,good advice.

No,I have money for my needs,the money I have saved is just for my internet efforts,it can help me succeed bigtime,I have more options to choose from.

I even thought of buying a unique blog design,that can't cost more than 500$.

Read them already before.:)

10. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    No,I don't want to become rich overnight,I know that isn't posible.

I think that 1500$ is just enough to start some kind of bussines and scale it up later.

11. marketingcows

marketingcows Peon

Best Answers:
    You plan on doing all the marketing your self? And have the time for it?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    marketingcows, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  12. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Time is problem ATM.That's why I would pay someone to write articles for me and I'll build backlinks,take care of SEO...

Michael T., Aug 31, 2010 IP
  13. zeusx007

zeusx007 Peon

Best Answers:
    i will invest on forex or share market is better then buying website

zeusx007, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  14. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd put all the money in Stocks ;)

*Mayank*, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  15. marketingcows

marketingcows Peon

Best Answers:
    I asked because IMO buying into an established website is the best way to go, to cut down on marketing. OR find an marketing service who is cheap and reliable

marketingcows, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  16. MChisselhurst

MChisselhurst Peon

Best Answers:
    I would set-up a wordpress site, and then outsource tasks such as scheduling blogs for the day, and acquiring new traffic.

I would hen spend my time monetizing it.

Once they are monetized, i would create new wordpress based sites and do the same thing :)

MChisselhurst, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  17. jackqs

jackqs Peon

Best Answers:
    I will invest this amount in cpa marketing. There are many places to promote like plenty of fish, facebook, ppv etc. ppc is too costly these days

jackqs, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  18. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Small ROI.:)

19. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe buying an established site can cut down some marketing expenses but the price really high.too much IMO.With 1500 dollars I can make and market a 10 times better site,anyway the site you recommended is not something I am looking for.

How do they actually make profit?

They want to sell it for 1500$ and they are claiming that they make 1000$ profit each month,I am really suspicious.

20. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    You can invest your 1500 dollars but you are obviously missing some experience. My advice would be start something for yourself gain some experience get to know how it rolls. If it didn't succeed you lost only some time and small money, not 1500 dollars - that is what you would have lost when you bought a established website.

If you are dedicated, smart and knowing how the business works I would say: start something yourself and invest in your own project after a year or so when you have success. But keep in mind that invested money should eventually (short period) return in your pocket.

But if you want to buy a website my advice would be: ask enough questions before you buy when there are doubts dont buy, there are many scammers out there. Also ask for support after the sale, it is normal to have contact with the old owner when you have questions or maybe even problems.

Example:
    Website for sale: price $2000
    Monthly income: $900

This price is not right, should be at least $6000 maybe even $10000.

So ask why, most of the time I start with this (short version ;) ):
    me: How much time does this website takes?
    Seller: Not much, almost all the content is generated automatically so just a few hours a week.
    me: So why are you selling?
    Seller: {Gives unclear answer - most of the time a answer like} I have have more projects to work at (some might also say or add they need more time - while they earlier stated the website is almost completely automated - this make it strange and unbelievable)

My point: just be carefully on the internet a lie (scam) is easily made.

[edit] Some other tips: Ask for a detailed traffic report which goes at least one year back (to make sure the traffic is real). Do some research about the website, look into the wayback machine and Google the website see what others wrote about it.

dennisb, Aug 31, 2010 IP